Tuner help - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Re: Tuner help

hey migt01-
so your in your 40's too?!

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

to all,
btw.. do any of you guys know if it's of any use to do an EGR delete? also, if so, will it throw codes or any other repercussions? just curious-
joe
imhooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 03:11 AM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: North Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhooked View Post
hey migt01-

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

to all,
btw.. do any of you guys know if it's of any use to do an EGR delete? also, if so, will it throw codes or any other repercussions? just curious-
joe
I'll say this first.. I have no idea. Technically it should help improve power because you're not mixing intake air with exhaust. This being said, emissions will probably go out the window. I'm sure it will throw codes if you just start pulling things out, and without a tune your engine may not even operate correctly. I really couldn't say for sure, but if you find out some good info cuz I would love to do the same thing!!
K Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:14 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

kinda wut i was thinking myself. thx 4 getting back 2 me.

i'll ask a tuner or do a litle research... will let you know if/when i find anything out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Twisted View Post
Curious what Dashpot is?? I use an EDGE CTS in my 02 expedition, but they don't really make anything for mustangs, although I wish they did. The mods you want to do are exactly what I as well want to do this summer, except I already have the U/D pullies and CAI. I planned on getting an SCT tuner (although I haven't decided which one) after looking around at other companies. There are some sights out there that will also take into account what your current setup is and if you buy an SCT tuner, they'll preload a custom tune for you right in the box. Then as you upgrade, you can go back and get another custom tune right through your computer any time you want. That seems like an awesome deal to me. As for TB, I hadn't really planned on it since I didn't really think it would make much of a difference since I haven't ported my heads yet and I'm still working on headers for my car. Maybe once the gears, headers, and tune are done I'll consider it. Hope this helps, and would love to keep updated on your decision!!
I tried to answer your question earlier but I still get turned around some in the forums. The dashpot is a preprogramed feature in the PCM. It has to do with idle. since I tuned, I tried sitting at idle and raising the idle to 2k or 2.5k then letting off the throttle. Dang engine dropped to like 5k idle close to stalling then picked up to 8.5k. That's dashpot. It also has to do with while driving and you press the clutch, what the engine does. Mine, by tune, stays up and drops slowly. Problem is I can't take advantage of it yet. Oh yeah, this feature is designed to operate at close throttle, and functions on air bypass to the TB. Something like that.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by imhooked
hey migt01-
Not quite...35..mine comes from 12yrs of gettin up at *** crack for PT every morning...LoL
Eibach pro kit,Tokico shocks/struts,BBK CAI,75mm TB/ Plenum,4.10 FRPP gears,BBK o/r X pipe,Magnaflow Catback,SCT Tuner running 91 Tune,Bama Tunes for Life Member,RAM HD Clutch,BM shifter with MGW "GT" knob,AM smoked Headlights/Sylvania zXe bulbs,VHT smoked tails/3rd brake,Redtop Optima,Mach 1 grille delete,Mach 1 chin spoiler,BULLITT Pedals,20% tint all round,4.6 High Performance Badges
MiGT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:02 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

PT... personal training? anyway, 5:45 on a tues and i'm up... not for pt, or work though (i make my own hours). i got my steeda tri-ax yesterday and am just psyched about putting it in!!

already got the bezel and boot off last nite, so i'm ready to get it apart and drop the new one in. report back later-
joe
Old 02-28-2012, 05:08 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhooked View Post
PT... personal training? anyway, 5:45 on a tues and i'm up... not for pt, or work though (i make my own hours). i got my steeda tri-ax yesterday and am just psyched about putting it in!!

already got the bezel and boot off last nite, so i'm ready to get it apart and drop the new one in. report back later-
joe
PT= Army Physical Training LoL
Eibach pro kit,Tokico shocks/struts,BBK CAI,75mm TB/ Plenum,4.10 FRPP gears,BBK o/r X pipe,Magnaflow Catback,SCT Tuner running 91 Tune,Bama Tunes for Life Member,RAM HD Clutch,BM shifter with MGW "GT" knob,AM smoked Headlights/Sylvania zXe bulbs,VHT smoked tails/3rd brake,Redtop Optima,Mach 1 grille delete,Mach 1 chin spoiler,BULLITT Pedals,20% tint all round,4.6 High Performance Badges
MiGT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:12 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

it's early man! yeah, that's what i really thought. brain a little fuzzy yet(maybe i should get me some of that?!!!)

anyway, thanks for serving!!!
joe
Old 02-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #44
Road Trip!

Region: North Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT View Post
I tried to answer your question earlier but I still get turned around some in the forums. The dashpot is a preprogramed feature in the PCM. It has to do with idle. since I tuned, I tried sitting at idle and raising the idle to 2k or 2.5k then letting off the throttle. Dang engine dropped to like 5k idle close to stalling then picked up to 8.5k. That's dashpot. It also has to do with while driving and you press the clutch, what the engine does. Mine, by tune, stays up and drops slowly. Problem is I can't take advantage of it yet. Oh yeah, this feature is designed to operate at close throttle, and functions on air bypass to the TB. Something like that.
Alright!! I think my car does the same thing, or at least it used to. I'll rev it up and it drops very slowly, or sometimes when I'm sitting there after i pull up to a light and i push the clutch in, the engine takes a while to drop RPMs.. maybe it has a tune in it...
K Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT