Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Tax Return Dilemma!

4K views 76 replies 13 participants last post by  CodyNelson 
#1 ·
Got about $3k back for tax returns. I really have been wanting cams for a long time and could also get a typhoon intake, install, and a tune for that money. Or I could get an entire typhoon top end kit, really.

Would the cam/intake route be good? I like drive-ability and also love the sound of a cammed car. I won't be dragging my car and am never too hard on it, but do get past 5krpm each time I drive.

Opinions? Oh, 2002 GT.

#65 ·
JDF said:
Get some tape and a sharpie, as you pull them off mark them. Also take lots and lots of pictures. Should be easy if you do it right.
+11. Was gonna say the same thing but ya beat me it!.. Lol

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

ColeJohnson said:
That's the method I was thinking. I think it's doable. Just gonna be really nervous.
I'm the same way when I start some thing new that I've never done before!.. Just double check your stuff when you put it all back together and you'll be fine!..

#66 ·
+11. Was gonna say the same thing but ya beat me it!.. Lol

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

I'm the same way when I start some thing new that I've never done before!.. Just double check your stuff when you put it all back together and you'll be fine!..
Well I've rebuilt an auto tranny before after not knowing how to... How hard could this be?

#69 ·
Well that makes me feel a lot better about things! I was under the impression this install was killer.

One more thing. How does MHS degree the cam? I though the cam had to be in a head to degree it?

#71 ·
Well I sent an email to Nick with some information and aspirations. I'm asking for his opinion because after reading all his articles and looking through his services and parts.. There is a stage II head and stage II cam combo for like $2k that looks great. And I can just sell my heads off for money back. But with that combo he replaces and reinforces a lot of parts plus port and polish, cam install plus degree. Then it's just a matter of swapping heads out.

#72 ·
yeah its not a bad deal..just remember you will need a head change kit along with the other gaskets if you do the theads..personally to me its not worth takeing the heads off if you plan on doing a built motor later..then you can build the motor complete on a stand the drop it in...good luck i sent you a pm btw

#73 ·
ColeJohnson said:
Well I sent an email to Nick with some information and aspirations. I'm asking for his opinion because after reading all his articles and looking through his services and parts.. There is a stage II head and stage II cam combo for like $2k that looks great. And I can just sell my heads off for money back. But with that combo he replaces and reinforces a lot of parts plus port and polish, cam install plus degree. Then it's just a matter of swapping heads out.
I told you, nick is awesome. That sounds like a heck of a deal!

#76 ·
That was my concern with that. I'm trying to determine what direction I want to go right now because I could just save all this money right now and take the car off insurance since I'm joining the Coast guard. And since I'll have no expenses really, while active duty, I can keep saving and might end up just selling this car and finding myself a low miles Cobra. I'm at a huge cross-roads; kinda at the point where I waited this long do do big engine work to my GT, why not just wait a little longer and buy a Cobra?

Oh, and I wanted to end up around 300-340rwhp, with a possible turbo in the future(which is why I was gonna knock out forged internals while down there.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.