Tinted tail lights in CALIFORNIA - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
BeasGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 488
Tinted tail lights in CALIFORNIA

I want to tint my tail lights to complete the look of my deck panel and valance is it illegal In California to have them tinted?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3980428943.png
Views:	1695
Size:	851.6 KB
ID:	41911
BeasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-27-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Chiogb11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 25
No its not. At all
Chiogb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:15 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
BeasGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 488
Are you sure?
BeasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-27-2012, 02:31 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeasGT
Are you sure?
Lol it is illegal. You can't have either the front or back ones tinted. It depends how cops are at we're you live. I have had mine tinted for 2 years now and haven't gotten stopped. Just depends on how cops are were you live or if they are dirty dick cops.
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Chiogb11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Lol it is illegal. You can't have either the front or back ones tinted. It depends how cops are at we're you live. I have had mine tinted for 2 years now and haven't gotten stopped. Just depends on how cops are were you live or if they are dirty dick cops.
Yeah i kinda noticed now while searching it up to see if it was or not... Suks
Chiogb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:38 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiogb11

Yeah i kinda noticed now while searching it up to see if it was or not... Suks
Yea it's a risk you are willing to take. It's a fix it ticket if a cops stops you. 5 bucks at the police station and 25 at the court.
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:40 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
BeasGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Lol it is illegal. You can't have either the front or back ones tinted. It depends how cops are at we're you live. I have had mine tinted for 2 years now and haven't gotten stopped. Just depends on how cops are were you live or if they are dirty dick cops.
Lol well I live in Downey and the cops over here are dicks. So idk if ima tint them.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Yea it's a risk you are willing to take. It's a fix it ticket if a cops stops you. 5 bucks at the police station and 25 at the court.
One of my buddy's is a cop he said hell sign my tickets off(:
BeasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:41 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeasGT

Lol well I live in Downey and the cops over here are dicks. So idk if ima tint them.
Yea tht sucks but you should do it it makes the car look sick. Buy the vinyl tint for 20 bucks on eBay takes like 30 to install.
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:46 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
BeasGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Yea tht sucks but you should do it it makes the car look sick. Buy the vinyl tint for 20 bucks on eBay takes like 30 to install.
Is that how you did your tint!?
BeasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:48 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeasGT

Is that how you did your tint!?
Yea it's simple.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1499116292.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	421.2 KB
ID:	41912



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1216970283.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	41913
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:51 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
BeasGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Yea it's simple.
I'll check eBay right now I wana do them bad
BeasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:56 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeasGT

I'll check eBay right now I wana do them bad
It's worth the risk trust me
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:59 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
BeasGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
It's worth the risk trust me
There's so many I don't know which one to get
BeasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:02 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeasGT

There's so many I don't know which one to get
I got the one with the 3rd brake light n side bumper ones. Look for those
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:46 AM   #15
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: North Dakota
Posts: 303
Wink Re: Tinted tail lights in CALIFORNIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeasGT View Post
I want to tint my tail lights to complete the look of my deck panel and valance is it illegal In California to have them tinted?

Attachment 41911
Could always go all out and get LED taillights with the black background...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1309401153289.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	41914  
K Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeasGT

Lol well I live in Downey and the cops over here are dicks. So idk if ima tint them.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------



One of my buddy's is a cop he said hell sign my tickets off(:
Then tint them...buy a second set you can install if you do get ticketed to show you fixed it, then go switch them back
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Timm04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 540
The law here is if you can see them from 300 feet away while the pedal is engaged so I only did three coats of night shade and two coats of gloss and the gloss lightens them up quite a bit and at night you can't even tell I have them tinted the picture at night my brakes arnt even on so I say go for it do light two or three light coats and then gloss them so there not so dull either!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-408276531.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	486.6 KB
ID:	41933   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2672243391.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	464.4 KB
ID:	41934  

Timm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
BeasGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm04
The law here is if you can see them from 300 feet away while the pedal is engaged so I only did three coats of night shade and two coats of gloss and the gloss lightens them up quite a bit and at night you can't even tell I have them tinted the picture at night my brakes arnt even on so I say go for it do light two or three light coats and then gloss them so there not so dull either!
You did them yourself?
BeasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Timm04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 540
Ya it's super easy! Take the lights off and tape them off and nice even overlapping coats of VHT it's real easy YouTube it and I taped the reverse light off and only had one coat on the reverse light so it didn't look so different it blended it a little better I think IMO
Timm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
BeasGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm04
Ya it's super easy! Take the lights off and tape them off and nice even overlapping coats of VHT it's real easy YouTube it and I taped the reverse light off and only had one coat on the reverse light so it didn't look so different it blended it a little better I think IMO
Thatll be my project this weekend maby.
BeasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Timm04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 540
I like it alot and it was real cheap to it was like 7 bucks for VHT and 2.50 for the gloss and it didn't take to long either
Timm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm04
The law here is if you can see them from 300 feet away while the pedal is engaged so I only did three coats of night shade and two coats of gloss and the gloss lightens them up quite a bit and at night you can't even tell I have them tinted the picture at night my brakes arnt even on so I say go for it do light two or three light coats and then gloss them so there not so dull either!
X1000. Do it, do it now!!!
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
BeasGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm04
I like it alot and it was real cheap to it was like 7 bucks for VHT and 2.50 for the gloss and it didn't take to long either
I get the vht and gloss from where?
BeasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeasGT

I get the vht and gloss from where?
Autozone or something similar.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Timm04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeasGT

I get the vht and gloss from where?
VHT from autozone and I got the gloss at home depot just a regular can of clear gloss!
Timm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:47 AM   #26
Registered User
Newbie
 
2KSTAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Hawaii
Posts: 4
Wow your luck u guys can tint , drop , rims ...etc etc. out here in Hawaii it's a little different you can do whatever you want to your motor but can't touch the cosmetics of the vehicle. I know it's crazy.
2KSTAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:59 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KSTAG
Wow your luck u guys can tint , drop , rims ...etc etc. out here in Hawaii it's a little different you can do whatever you want to your motor but can't touch the cosmetics of the vehicle. I know it's crazy.
Crazy is one term you could call it lol
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:16 AM   #28
Registered User
Newbie
 
2KSTAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Hawaii
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Crazy is one term you could call it lol
Yes it is ...I was born out in Cali but moved here to Hawaii and I know some places have different laws on what you could do to your vehicle. When I moved out here I was puzzled on why can't you drop or tint your windows but you can beef up your engine and make it up to 600 hp if you want. I would think that's more unsafe than lowering your car and tinting your windows too dark...lol but I guess the state has its reasons or it's just to make a buck.......
2KSTAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KSTAG

Yes it is ...I was born out in Cali but moved here to Hawaii and I know some places have different laws on what you could do to your vehicle. When I moved out here I was puzzled on why can't you drop or tint your windows but you can beef up your engine and make it up to 600 hp if you want. I would think that's more unsafe than lowering your car and tinting your windows too dark...lol but I guess the state has its reasons or it's just to make a buck.......
I'd trade lowering and tinting for living out there in a skinny minute! There's no places that do what I do out there lol already looked into it
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
california

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How To: Plasti Dip Your Car (In Depth, 6 pages worth of Microsoft Word) Topless04GT Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 318 05-17-2017 01:40 PM
Putting in wiring for amp 2003SonicBlue Mustang Audio & Video 5 03-02-2012 10:30 PM
California Kids SoCalKev Regional Mustang Discussion 52 02-28-2012 11:14 PM
California Stang Owners SoCalKev New Member Introductions & Greetings 30 02-28-2012 01:16 AM
98 3.8 in need of power.. cam? trixinahat Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 33 02-26-2012 09:40 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:51 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.