Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Diablo sport chip

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  BeasGT 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the chips get vin locked when removed from a vehicle like tuners I found one at good price but not sure what I need to install

#6 ·
it just plugs back into the ECM , Take the ecm out of the car ( disconect the battery first ) theres a service port or window on the opposite side from the wiring harness ,it masy have a sticker or tape over it ,
the chip slides right in there ,its like a piece of mother board sticking out ,your chip should have a female type plug that slides over it ... ,its easy , just make sure the contacts on the ecm and the chip are clean ... put the ecm back in then re connect your battery ....

#7 ·
02PONY said:
I just called American muscle they said it has to be reset they get vin locked and u can't get the same tunes as u would with a tuner
What if the chip was already installed in the car but try took it out?
How do I reinstall it if it's the same car

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

stampde said:
it just plugs back into the ECM , Take the ecm out of the car ( disconect the battery first ) theres a service port or window on the opposite side from the wiring harness ,it masy have a sticker or tape over it ,
the chip slides right in there ,its like a piece of mother board sticking out ,your chip should have a female type plug that slides over it ... ,its easy , just make sure the contacts on the ecm and the chip are clean ... put the ecm back in then re connect your battery ....
Okay thanks I'll try that today

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.