what suspension parts to put power to ground?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Talking what suspension parts to put power to ground??

hey i opened a thread a few days ago to figure out what i want to do with my motor. Figured it out! thanks everyone for helping btw appreciate it. so now i move on to suspension. what will help me get power to ground...I dont know sh*t bout suspension start telling what to buy why to buy it and how it helps. thanks!
mhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Upper and lower rear control arms will help with reducing rear wheel hop, get adjustable ones if your serious about putting power down so you can adjust your pinion angle. A good quality set of front struts and rear shocks and good springs. I would also replace your front control arms as well. If you have the money I would suggest going with coil overs instead if the springs and struts. If your car is a stick I would upgrade your clutch and go with a lightweight aluminum flywheel and get an aluminum driveshaft to it helps cut down on rotational mass so your motor will rev alot faster. And a good tried and true method to keep your tires planted is an airbag in the right rear spring works wonders and it's a relatively cheap mod. And of course some nice sticky tires on the rear.
SSC182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:38 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: North Dakota
Re: what suspension parts to put power to ground??

I wish I knew more about suspension geometry. I would get an adjustable panhard bar. Coil overs, tubular A arms/control arms (lighter weight and stronger and some are adjustable), and like SSC182 said, light weight flywheel and driveshaft. Underdrive pullies and an electic fan also help when reducing parasitic drag. Relocate your battery to your trunk. This helps shift your center of gravity and will help in tracton.. it also puts more weight on the rear wheels. And of course.. fat sticky tires. Or... and I can't believe I'm saying this.. if you really want traction, get a giant big a$$ rear wing (although it'll probably only help at speeds over 75 mph). LOL
K Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys now do you know where someplace sells a good kit for good price!
Old 03-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhobbs View Post
Thanks guys now do you know where someplace sells a good kit for good price!
Maximum Motorsports sell complete kits. They have a ton of different type kits too to fit exactly what you're looking for.. from starters all the way to full racing setups.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by K Twisted

Maximum Motorsports sell complete kits. They have a ton of different type kits too to fit exactly what you're looking for.. from starters all the way to full racing setups.
+1 or Steeda sells staged kits ranging from 1-3 I think. They total up to about $2300 once it's all said and done.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys you are all a big help!
Old 03-09-2012, 04:45 AM   #8
Road Trip!

Old 03-09-2012, 05:29 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Check out Sam Strano's site, and call and talk to Sam. He is super knowledgeable and will sell you exactly what you need to accomplish your goals, at a good price. Guy has a great rep.
Pype Bomb Axle-Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Tuner w/Bama tuning, BMR Strut Tower Brace, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Black Hood Pins, Black Shorty antenna, Tru-Billet Black Anodized GT engraved Fuel Door, Black Lemans Stripes, Black Rocker Stripes, Brushed Aluminum finish dash and vents, Stack Racing pedals, Charcoal Black Leather Interior, Gloss Black Bullitt Motorsport Wheels, Nitto 555 tires, staggered set up (9/10), 35% tint, Shaker 1000 Stereo with Kicker Upgrades, Ultra Violet footwell, license plate and dome lighting
RVAStang05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT