Why not nitrous? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Cool Why not nitrous?

So I'm starting this to get some attention.... I also know its had to been asked, and talked about before, I also know some on here ran or are current with nitro... So why no to nitro what's wrong with it? It's cheap, reliable, and a good hp gain with a proper tune, right?
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew r Wright
So I'm starting this to get some attention.... I also know its had to been asked, and talked about before, I also know some on here ran or are current with nitro... So why no to nitro what's wrong with it? It's cheap, reliable, and a good hp gain with a proper tune, right?
I agree.. I want to put 100 shot in my car but have heard Alot of different opinions. If your careful, i dont see a problem
Old 03-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
As long as u use 100 shot or less and dont hit it often its fine, but wen u start killn ur car with it, that's wen it gets bad
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by shsfresh87
As long as u use 100 shot or less and dont hit it often its fine, but wen u start killn ur car with it, that's wen it gets bad
Ya that's not even as much as I was wantin to push... Just 75shot, gonna do a compression test and tune my baby up first. So I know for sure she can handle it thanks man...
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: North Dakota
Re: Why not nitrous?

I run a 75 shot with no problems. Love the laughing gas, and laugh at the guys who diss on it or harsh on it because they don't understand it or think it's "cheating". I call it "chemical horse power"... the same as the fuel you put in your gas tank. I tell everyone this: as long as your engine is mechanically sound and in good running condition, you shouldn't have a problem with a 50 to 125 dry shot system. I don't recommend going over a 100 shot. An extremely safe and highly recommended thing to do is get a tune with it. Always use high octane 91+ fuel when using nitrous. Oh yeah, and have fun!!
K Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #6

Region: Virginia

I don't believe in BOTTLE FEEDING my monster although using SPRAY helps out those who are on a budget and need some quick HP. Give me a BIG LITER SC and a TUNE and I'm good to go !!!!
SNK3BTE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK3BTE04 View Post
I don't believe in BOTTLE FEEDING my monster although using SPRAY helps out those who are on a budget and need some quick HP. Give me a BIG LITER SC and a TUNE and I'm good to go !!!!
My car came with it when I bought it so I was like "eh"... had to fix the system to make it work because the meknik who set it up was retarded, but once done it's pretty fun. I'd already known most things about nitrous though so I wasn't to scared and had fun being able to R+D for myself. I'd recommend it period, but you do get a certain amount of bragging rights for building HP without it .
Old 03-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Twisted View Post
My car came with it when I bought it so I was like "eh"... had to fix the system to make it work because the meknik who set it up was retarded, but once done it's pretty fun. I'd already known most things about nitrous though so I wasn't to scared and had fun being able to R+D for myself. I'd recommend it period, but you do get a certain amount of bragging rights for building HP without it .
I'm not knocking the use of the bottle but I personally don't care for it. Yeah, building a monster w/o the bottle does get you a certain level of respect

Don't hit the red button to much now
Old 03-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not knocking the use of the bottle but I personally don't care for it. Yeah, building a monster w/o the bottle does get you a certain level of respect

Don't hit the red button to much now
Sometimes can't help it!! Fortunately it's WOT and RPM activated so I really have to be getting on it for it to kick in!!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Sometimes can't help it!! Fortunately it's WOT and RPM activated so I really have to be getting on it for it to kick in!!
Ah, you have that set-up. Gottcha
Old 03-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
Ah, you have that set-up. Gottcha
Yep... didn't want some stupid Fast and Furious set up that blows the engine. I figure.. better to be safe than sorry.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #12

Quote:
Yep... didn't want some stupid Fast and Furious set up that blows the engine. I figure.. better to be safe than sorry.
what you didn't want blue out the exhaust pipes or little red buttons on the steering wheel......

The best part in F&F movie is when the Supra has to hit the "NOS" button twice just to keep up with the CHARGER ... NOW that's real HP !!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I love it nothing better than running nitrous with a supercharger its addictive. I also have a bottle on my bike.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
what you didn't want blue out the exhaust pipes or little red buttons on the steering wheel......

The best part in F&F movie is when the Supra has to hit the "NOS" button twice just to keep up with the CHARGER ... NOW that's real HP !!!!
Nope. No little blue, pink, or green flames for me LMAO.. I thought the part where the car got all shot up and then they ran screaming, "NOS" was hilarious!!! Nitrous isn't flammable!!! They must have been hydrogen tanks or something and in the heat of the moment got confused. No little red buttons.. although the Red Button in Men in Black would be fun . I LOVE that Charger.. even though I'm a mustang guy.. I hated the second movie when they destroyed the saleen mustang with the semi trucks. That pis*ed me off. Why coudn't they destroy the stupid yellow banana BMW M3? Or the retarded Viper?
Old 03-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #15

Quote:
Nope. No little blue, pink, or green flames for me LMAO.. I thought the part where the car got all shot up and then they ran screaming, "NOS" was hilarious!!! Nitrous isn't flammable!!! They must have been hydrogen tanks or something and in the heat of the moment got confused. No little red buttons.. although the Red Button in Men in Black would be fun . I LOVE that Charger.. even though I'm a mustang guy.. I hated the second movie when they destroyed the saleen mustang with the semi trucks. That pis*ed me off. Why coudn't they destroy the stupid yellow banana BMW M3? Or the retarded Viper?
I know right... That Saleen was killed off way to fast. When that Charger comes off his front wheels I'm like HELL YEAH

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
nitrous