Why not nitrous? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mathew r Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 470
Cool Why not nitrous?

So I'm starting this to get some attention.... I also know its had to been asked, and talked about before, I also know some on here ran or are current with nitro... So why no to nitro what's wrong with it? It's cheap, reliable, and a good hp gain with a proper tune, right?
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang_Madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fairchild AFB
Region: Washington
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew r Wright
So I'm starting this to get some attention.... I also know its had to been asked, and talked about before, I also know some on here ran or are current with nitro... So why no to nitro what's wrong with it? It's cheap, reliable, and a good hp gain with a proper tune, right?
I agree.. I want to put 100 shot in my car but have heard Alot of different opinions. If your careful, i dont see a problem
__________________
K&N CAI, Cobra 18" Rims, Cobra Brakes, More Mods to come!
Mustang_Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
shsfresh87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 814
As long as u use 100 shot or less and dont hit it often its fine, but wen u start killn ur car with it, that's wen it gets bad
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mathew r Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by shsfresh87
As long as u use 100 shot or less and dont hit it often its fine, but wen u start killn ur car with it, that's wen it gets bad
Ya that's not even as much as I was wantin to push... Just 75shot, gonna do a compression test and tune my baby up first. So I know for sure she can handle it thanks man...
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: North Dakota
Posts: 303
Re: Why not nitrous?

I run a 75 shot with no problems. Love the laughing gas, and laugh at the guys who diss on it or harsh on it because they don't understand it or think it's "cheating". I call it "chemical horse power"... the same as the fuel you put in your gas tank. I tell everyone this: as long as your engine is mechanically sound and in good running condition, you shouldn't have a problem with a 50 to 125 dry shot system. I don't recommend going over a 100 shot. An extremely safe and highly recommended thing to do is get a tune with it. Always use high octane 91+ fuel when using nitrous. Oh yeah, and have fun!!
K Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 380
Re: Why not nitrous?

I don't believe in BOTTLE FEEDING my monster although using SPRAY helps out those who are on a budget and need some quick HP. Give me a BIG LITER SC and a TUNE and I'm good to go !!!!
SNK3BTE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: North Dakota
Posts: 303
Re: Why not nitrous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK3BTE04 View Post
I don't believe in BOTTLE FEEDING my monster although using SPRAY helps out those who are on a budget and need some quick HP. Give me a BIG LITER SC and a TUNE and I'm good to go !!!!
My car came with it when I bought it so I was like "eh"... had to fix the system to make it work because the meknik who set it up was retarded, but once done it's pretty fun. I'd already known most things about nitrous though so I wasn't to scared and had fun being able to R+D for myself. I'd recommend it period, but you do get a certain amount of bragging rights for building HP without it .
K Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 380
Re: Why not nitrous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Twisted View Post
My car came with it when I bought it so I was like "eh"... had to fix the system to make it work because the meknik who set it up was retarded, but once done it's pretty fun. I'd already known most things about nitrous though so I wasn't to scared and had fun being able to R+D for myself. I'd recommend it period, but you do get a certain amount of bragging rights for building HP without it .
I'm not knocking the use of the bottle but I personally don't care for it. Yeah, building a monster w/o the bottle does get you a certain level of respect

Don't hit the red button to much now
SNK3BTE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: North Dakota
Posts: 303
Re: Why not nitrous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK3BTE04 View Post
I don't believe in BOTTLE FEEDING my monster although using SPRAY helps out those who are on a budget and need some quick HP. Give me a BIG LITER SC and a TUNE and I'm good to go !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK3BTE04 View Post
I'm not knocking the use of the bottle but I personally don't care for it. Yeah, building a monster w/o the bottle does get you a certain level of respect

Don't hit the red button to much now
Sometimes can't help it!! Fortunately it's WOT and RPM activated so I really have to be getting on it for it to kick in!!
K Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 380
Re: Why not nitrous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Twisted View Post
Sometimes can't help it!! Fortunately it's WOT and RPM activated so I really have to be getting on it for it to kick in!!
Ah, you have that set-up. Gottcha
SNK3BTE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: North Dakota
Posts: 303
Re: Why not nitrous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK3BTE04 View Post
Ah, you have that set-up. Gottcha
Yep... didn't want some stupid Fast and Furious set up that blows the engine. I figure.. better to be safe than sorry.
K Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 380
Re: Why not nitrous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Twisted View Post
Yep... didn't want some stupid Fast and Furious set up that blows the engine. I figure.. better to be safe than sorry.
what you didn't want blue out the exhaust pipes or little red buttons on the steering wheel......

The best part in F&F movie is when the Supra has to hit the "NOS" button twice just to keep up with the CHARGER ... NOW that's real HP !!!!
SNK3BTE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
I love it nothing better than running nitrous with a supercharger its addictive. I also have a bottle on my bike.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #14
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: North Dakota
Posts: 303
Re: Why not nitrous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK3BTE04 View Post
what you didn't want blue out the exhaust pipes or little red buttons on the steering wheel......

The best part in F&F movie is when the Supra has to hit the "NOS" button twice just to keep up with the CHARGER ... NOW that's real HP !!!!
Nope. No little blue, pink, or green flames for me LMAO.. I thought the part where the car got all shot up and then they ran screaming, "NOS" was hilarious!!! Nitrous isn't flammable!!! They must have been hydrogen tanks or something and in the heat of the moment got confused. No little red buttons.. although the Red Button in Men in Black would be fun . I LOVE that Charger.. even though I'm a mustang guy.. I hated the second movie when they destroyed the saleen mustang with the semi trucks. That pis*ed me off. Why coudn't they destroy the stupid yellow banana BMW M3? Or the retarded Viper?
K Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 380
Re: Why not nitrous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Twisted View Post
Nope. No little blue, pink, or green flames for me LMAO.. I thought the part where the car got all shot up and then they ran screaming, "NOS" was hilarious!!! Nitrous isn't flammable!!! They must have been hydrogen tanks or something and in the heat of the moment got confused. No little red buttons.. although the Red Button in Men in Black would be fun . I LOVE that Charger.. even though I'm a mustang guy.. I hated the second movie when they destroyed the saleen mustang with the semi trucks. That pis*ed me off. Why coudn't they destroy the stupid yellow banana BMW M3? Or the retarded Viper?
I know right... That Saleen was killed off way to fast. When that Charger comes off his front wheels I'm like HELL YEAH
SNK3BTE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
nitrous

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Passenger Window Not Going Up Far Enough righter86 2005-2010 Mustang GT 18 03-17-2012 01:45 AM
Not happy with exhaust tips Blackedout Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 73 03-14-2012 09:23 AM
Stock computer need to change or not? 1995boss 1979-1995 Mustang GT 11 03-02-2012 09:33 PM
anyone have nitrous? frank07stanggt 2005-2010 Mustang GT 7 03-02-2012 02:21 PM
Nitrous! 03fastblack 1996-2004 Mustang GT 8 02-29-2012 01:35 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:14 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.