04 GT horsepower - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Re: 04 GT horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron's racecar View Post
Yes please don't post unless it's to contribute to the discussion of how to build horsepower on an 04 GT. part combos or build suggestions would be great!
Here is an example of a parts combo for an 04 GT to reach 500rwhp:

Forged shortblock w/ 9.2:1 CR
Trick flow 44cc heads
Stage 2 custom grind blower cams
75mm TB/Plenum
Vortech V1 T-Trim (or blower of choice) at around 18 psi
FMIC
60 lb injectors
Blow Thru MAF of your choice (i like the SCT Ba 3000)
Twin cobra pumps w/ cobra tank, hat and return style fuel system

Please everyone quit your *****in and lets move on...
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson

Trick flow 44cc heads
75mm TB/Plenum
FMIC
60 lb injectors

Are you aiming for just 500hp or over 600hp with that combo?.. Hahahaha. My buddy that has 620hp with a similar combo is only pushing 14 pounds of boost I believe!... But 18 is better!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson

Trick flow 44cc heads
75mm TB/Plenum
FMIC
60 lb injectors

So say I only wanted to make about 300 to the wheels. I don't think I'm gonna do a s/c any time soon because I want the roush kit if I do and it's mucho expensive lol.
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Stock 99-04 mustang 2V makes 260bhp and 300ft/lbs of torque. That's the number Ford stated.

To hit 300 to the wheels it isn't incredibly tough, a head, cam, intake swap will put you over that mark no problem. You might be able to reach that with full bolt-ons but I'm not sure
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF
Stock 99-04 mustang 2V makes 260bhp and 300ft/lbs of torque. That's the number Ford stated.

To hit 300 to the wheels it isn't incredibly tough, a head, cam, intake swap will put you over that mark no problem. You might be able to reach that with full bolt-ons but I'm not sure
So if I did do cams... Say the stage 1 comp cams would I still be able add a s/c later down the road? I mean would I still be able use the tuning that comes with the kit if I have street cams?
Old 03-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron's racecar

So if I did do cams... Say the stage 1 comp cams would I still be able add a s/c later down the road? I mean would I still be able use the tuning that comes with the kit if I have street cams?
Yeah you should be able to. You don't have to have blower cams, however it's strongly recommended to get them if you plan on putting any sort of forced induction on it in order to maximize the power you gain from the boost.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Oh ok but if I did a s/c I wouldn't want to do a head swap but will the blower cams fit on the stock heads??

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Sorry I'm asking so many questions in just trying to make a timeline for my future upgrades.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh ok but if I did a s/c I wouldn't want to do a head swap but will the blower cams fit on the stock heads??

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Sorry I'm asking so many questions in just trying to make a timeline for my future upgrades.
Yep. Blower cams fit stock and aftermarket heads

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Meant to say aftermarket cams in general.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

I thought certain cam have clearance issues?
Old 03-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Those clearance issues are with the valve and piston. When you start getting into the larger cam lobes (staged cams) they start to require notches on your piston so that the valve and piston dot collide. Stage 1s are considered mild cams and shouldn't cause and piston-to-valve clearance issues yet. Blower cams (someone correct me if I'm wrong) usually have more duration on the exhaust side to help get the extra gasses out.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

And would I be able to put those in prior to a s/c and get any gain?
Old 03-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Quote:
Your sig shows a 125 shot of nitrous... why S/C? just curious. I don't usually use the PC to log on so I normaly can't read sigs.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes you will. It may not be as much of a gain as you would get from N/A cams but you should see a gain
Old 03-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange

Your sig shows a 125 shot of nitrous... why S/C? just curious. I don't usually use the PC to log on so I normaly can't read sigs.
The zex kit had to be removed because it was a "dry" kit and they dont make a dry kit for my year. And the inexperienced clerk at the counter at summit sold it to me anyway saying it would work on my car. I may purchase a wet kit that WILL work for my car minus the bottle cuz I already have one. I haven't seen my sig in a while so I will have to change that. I'm actually not sure if I want n02 or s/c or both. I may go with a s/c and only a 50 shot nitrous.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF

Yes you will. It may not be as much of a gain as you would get from N/A cams but you should see a gain
Do you have any specific suggestions on cams that would work with my needs I plan on eventually going s/c , nitrous, or both
Old 03-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The zex kit had to be removed because it was a "dry" kit and they dont make a dry kit for my year. And the inexperienced clerk at the counter at summit sold it to me anyway saying it would work on my car. I may purchase a wet kit that WILL work for my car minus the bottle cuz I already have one. I haven't seen my sig in a while so I will have to change that. I'm actually not sure if I want n02 or s/c or both. I may go with a s/c and only a 50 shot nitrous.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Do you have any specific suggestions on cams that would work with my needs I plan on eventually going s/c , nitrous, or both
I can't name a specific cam for you however Comp Cams is probably one of the best can companies out there do when you're ready I would talk to them about it.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Ok will do thanks for the advice!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok will do thanks for the advice!
Yep no problem.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina

Quote:

Call Nick at Modular Head Shop! He is the best there is and his prices are great. He will be able to set you up with the perfect cam to match what you want to do.
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #54
Road Trip!

Region: North Dakota

Quote:

What year is your car?? I'm not sure about Zex, but there are dry nitrous kits for every year.. I have a dry kit on my '00. Not only that, but they can be adapted to any car pretty easily LOL. Typically, wet kits start at 125 shot and go up, anything below that is gonna be dry (typically).
K Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Twisted

What year is your car?? I'm not sure about Zex, but there are dry nitrous kits for every year.. I have a dry kit on my '00. Not only that, but they can be adapted to any car pretty easily LOL. Typically, wet kits start at 125 shot and go up, anything below that is gonna be dry (typically).
Mines a 2004 and I should have been clearer: "zex" does not make a 'dry' kit for my car because the activation control use return fuel pressure to avoid spraying when there is a lack of fuel. And I know I could adapt it and have it push button operated but seeing as I don't have a tune yet I just havent bothered with it yet.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:01 AM   #56
Road Trip!

Quote:
Mines a 2004 and I should have been clearer: "zex" does not make a 'dry' kit for my car because the activation control use return fuel pressure to avoid spraying when there is a lack of fuel. And I know I could adapt it and have it push button operated but seeing as I don't have a tune yet I just havent bothered with it yet.
Push button is one option, but MSD makes a nice kit that doesn't rely on return fuel pressure. It's WOT and RPM activated. I have it on my car and it's pretty nice. I have to be at 2300 RPM and WOT with the tank open for it to kick in and then it shuts back off at 5600 RPM so I don't over rev and scatter my engine for a mile down the road. Just a suggestion..
Old 03-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Twisted

Push button is one option, but MSD makes a nice kit that doesn't rely on return fuel pressure. It's WOT and RPM activated. I have it on my car and it's pretty nice. I have to be at 2300 RPM and WOT with the tank open for it to kick in and then it shuts back off at 5600 RPM so I don't over rev and scatter my engine for a mile down the road. Just a suggestion..
Is that a dry kit?
Old 03-18-2012, 01:54 AM   #58
Road Trip!

Quote:
Is that a dry kit?
Yep.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:56 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

How much did it cost?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:00 AM   #60
Road Trip!

Quote:
How much did it cost?
Came with the car when I bought it...
Old 03-18-2012, 02:02 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Ahh so google it is then...
Old 03-19-2012, 05:15 AM   #62
Road Trip!

Quote:
Ahh so google it is then...
The kit I have is listed as $609.39 on NOS's website. I'm sure Summit sells it for less. The MSD window switch is part number 8956 on their website and is listed at $92.80. Total minus tax and shipping and handling is 702.19 for a 75 shot that will fit on any 86 or newer (EFI) mustang since the nozzle is put into the intake tube and it's a dry kit. Hard to beat 75 HP for 700 bucks.. not too many (if any) other parts that will give that same gain to cost ratio.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT