New member of the Forced Induction club!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
New member of the Forced Induction club!!!

Well guys my charger is finally in!!! Here is my updated mod list:
2000 GT
Hedman LT's
Mac O/R Prochamber
Flow 40s w/ 3.5 inch tips
Trickflow 70mm TB/Plenum
Vortech V1 T-Trim w/ 3.33 pulley at 7.5 psi
Vortech Maxflow Bypass Valve
Vortech Aftercooler w/ upgraded heat exchanger
Anderson Power Pipe
Ford Green Top 42lb injectors
Ford SVT Focus 255 lph fuel pump
MGW Short Throw
Eibach Pro Line Springs
KYB Shocks and Struts
Maximum Motorsports CC Plates
95 Cobra R Hood and Wheels
Mach 1 Chin Spoiler

I am going to the dyno on Thursday to get it tuned. Im putting a very safe tune on it as this is my DD. I'm hoping for 375rwhp. I will get everything all cleaned up and take pics for you guys later this week!
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
Sounds like fun!
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 598
Sounds like a nice set up you have. What kind of upgraded heat exchanger do you have ? I would also invest in a set of cams and a Kenne bell boost a pump.
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
In not sure what the name of the exchanger is it just came with the kit I bought. I would love cams but I don't have a built shortblock yet. I also forgot to mention that I have a svt focus 255 pump and ford green top 42lb injectors
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:01 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
That sounds like a pretty Awesome set up, I bet u can't wait for Thursday to get hear. Did u do the install you're self? How long did it take? Can't wait to see ur pics !
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:53 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson
In not sure what the name of the exchanger is it just came with the kit I bought. I would love cams but I don't have a built shortblock yet. I also forgot to mention that I have a svt focus 255 pump and ford green top 42lb injectors
I run comp cams xe274. I also have 60lb injectors and cord GT twin tank pumps with cobra tank.
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Re: New member of the Forced Induction club!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360 View Post
That sounds like a pretty Awesome set up, I bet u can't wait for Thursday to get hear. Did u do the install you're self? How long did it take? Can't wait to see ur pics !
Yeah i cant wait. And yeah i did it myself. I worked on it a few hours a day for 3 days. If you had everything ready you could do it in an 8-10 hour day easily. Ill be sure to post the pics as soon i give her a good bath

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilla View Post
I run comp cams xe274. I also have 60lb injectors and cord GT twin tank pumps with cobra tank.
Yeah i love your car man!! How much boost are you pushing and what is your shortblock set up? BTW how the heck did you make everything look so clean and neat! Mine doesnt look bad, but its definitely not that clean...
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson

Yeah i cant wait. And yeah i did it myself. I worked on it a few hours a day for 3 days. If you had everything ready you could do it in an 8-10 hour day easily. Ill be sure to post the pics as soon i give her a good bath

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------



Yeah i love your car man!! How much boost are you pushing and what is your shortblock set up? BTW how the heck did you make everything look so clean and neat! Mine doesnt look bad, but its definitely not that clean...
I am running right 15lbs of boost. I have a teksid block with cobra crank out of a 98 cobra. What do you mean about clean and neat under the hood??
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: New member of the Forced Induction club!!!

a friend of mine has a vortech on a 2000 GT and he is about 340 or 360 at the wheels so you should get close to your goal... and if the dyno is a little bit "high" you may meet it.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Re: New member of the Forced Induction club!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilla View Post
I am running right 15lbs of boost. I have a teksid block with cobra crank out of a 98 cobra. What do you mean about clean and neat under the hood??
Everything just looks very tidy and clean. I have hoses running everywhere. When i get it cleaned up and get pics you will be able to compare them and see what i mean
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson

Everything just looks very tidy and clean. I have hoses running everywhere. When i get it cleaned up and get pics you will be able to compare them and see what i mean
Thanks I really appreciate that . I tried really hard to keep it straight and clean. I also have a custom power pipe and and vortech race bypass that
Move some of those lines around. Get those pics up.
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
It is rainy here now but I will soon. I wanted to mount my maxflow bypass just like you did but I was too scared to drill the top of the aftercooler lol. As time goes on I plan to change things and clean it up. My goal is what yours looks like lol
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Re: New member of the Forced Induction club!!!

Well got to the dyno yesterday, we put a VERY conservative tune on it. Only 14.5 degrees of timing and the afr is pretty fat. WOT is between 11.4-11.8. At 8psi I put down 369hp/380tq. One run he added 16 degrees timing and leaned the fuel out and it put down 379hp/390tq but this is my dd and im only in college and money is tight so i asked him to back it off and safen it up a little. All in all im super happy with the final numbers! Now i just need to build it and throw some more boost at it!! Its crappy weather here still so as soon as i get some sun I will get some pics.
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson
Well got to the dyno yesterday, we put a VERY conservative tune on it. Only 14.5 degrees of timing and the afr is pretty fat. WOT is between 11.4-11.8. At 8psi I put down 369hp/380tq. One run he added 16 degrees timing and leaned the fuel out and it put down 379hp/390tq but this is my dd and im only in college and money is tight so i asked him to back it off and safen it up a little. All in all im super happy with the final numbers! Now i just need to build it and throw some more boost at it!! Its crappy weather here still so as soon as i get some sun I will get some pics.
Nice! And right at your goal too.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson
Well got to the dyno yesterday, we put a VERY conservative tune on it. Only 14.5 degrees of timing and the afr is pretty fat. WOT is between 11.4-11.8. At 8psi I put down 369hp/380tq. One run he added 16 degrees timing and leaned the fuel out and it put down 379hp/390tq but this is my dd and im only in college and money is tight so i asked him to back it off and safen it up a little. All in all im super happy with the final numbers! Now i just need to build it and throw some more boost at it!! Its crappy weather here still so as soon as i get some sun I will get some pics.
That is awesome! What rpm did u peak? Any dip in the power curve? Man I bet u had some fun last nite! Lol
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Re: New member of the Forced Induction club!!!

Horsepower peaked at 5750rpms and no dips!! The hp curve climbs great and the torque curve is super flat! Here is a copy of the graph
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:47 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson
Horsepower peaked at 5750rpms and no dips!! The hp curve climbs great and the torque curve is super flat! Here is a copy of the graph
I have a question for you. I've posted my dyno sheet and as u can c I have a bit of a dip in my power curve at 5100 my tuner said it was the restriction from the stock throttle body and bbk cai I noticed u were running the trick flow tb does it out flow the stock unit that much better? I'm running a kenne bell
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2701866889.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	538.0 KB
ID:	44107  
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:54 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360

I have a question for you. I've posted my dyno sheet and as u can c I have a bit of a dip in my power curve at 5100 my tuner said it was the restriction from the stock throttle body and bbk cai I noticed u were running the trick flow tb does it out flow the stock unit that much better? I'm running a kenne bell
Yes it helps out quite a bit! I only have a 70mm but I really need a 75mm and you should get the same. The stock tb is pretty restrictive, especially with forced induction
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson

Yes it helps out quite a bit! I only have a 70mm but I really need a 75mm and you should get the same. The stock tb is pretty restrictive, especially with forced induction
I am buying a new one u think I should just go with the 75 mm then?
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360

I am buying a new one u think I should just go with the 75 mm then?
Yeah for sure. You will probably have to get your tune tweaked as well. The extra air is going to lean you out. When you swap it, do a 3rd gear pull to redline and watch (or have someone watch) your air fuel gauge and make sure it NEVER spikes above 12.0 at wot
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Cool thanks for the advice I have a appointment with my shop on the 29th for a couple other things I will swap it out and have them tweek the tune I let u know how it goes.
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:35 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
Re: New member of the Forced Induction club!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360 View Post
I am buying a new one u think I should just go with the 75 mm then?

fwiw I'm running BBK 78mm and absolutely love it.
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
SaturnMan8227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: California
Posts: 831
Send a message via AIM to SaturnMan8227
Re: New member of the Forced Induction club!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson View Post
Well guys my charger is finally in!!! Here is my updated mod list:
2000 GT
Hedman LT's
Mac O/R Prochamber
Flow 40s w/ 3.5 inch tips
Trickflow 70mm TB/Plenum
Vortech V1 T-Trim w/ 3.33 pulley at 7.5 psi
Vortech Maxflow Bypass Valve
Vortech Aftercooler w/ upgraded heat exchanger
Anderson Power Pipe
Ford Green Top 42lb injectors
Ford SVT Focus 255 lph fuel pump
MGW Short Throw
Eibach Pro Line Springs
KYB Shocks and Struts
Maximum Motorsports CC Plates
95 Cobra R Hood and Wheels
Mach 1 Chin Spoiler

I am going to the dyno on Thursday to get it tuned. Im putting a very safe tune on it as this is my DD. I'm hoping for 375rwhp. I will get everything all cleaned up and take pics for you guys later this week!
Hell yeah sounds sweet
__________________
SaturnMan8227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Re: New member of the Forced Induction club!!!

Well guys I am super pissed!! After the dyno, i was very pleased with my numbers but felt like with a t-trim i should be pushing out more boost than i was. After some more research, i found that the blower i bought is in fact an S trim not a T!!! The only reason i bought this kit was because i knew the T would be enough to support my future power goals and i would never have to upgrade!!! FML!!!
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson
Well guys I am super pissed!! After the dyno, i was very pleased with my numbers but felt like with a t-trim i should be pushing out more boost than i was. After some more research, i found that the blower i bought is in fact an S trim not a T!!! The only reason i bought this kit was because i knew the T would be enough to support my future power goals and i would never have to upgrade!!! FML!!!
Man that's not good how did that happen if I don't mind me asking? Did u buy ur unit new?
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Re: New member of the Forced Induction club!!!

No, I bought it used. Just goes to show you cant trust people!! Learn from my mistake, call vortech (or which ever company you go with) and double check the serial number...
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
That sucks! How much boost will that s trim pump? I'm not very familer with vortech.
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Re: New member of the Forced Induction club!!!

An S trim can spin up to around 14-15 psi. The T trim will push out 28 and is good for up to 850rwhp
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Ya that is a huge difference you must have plans for a pretty radical set up
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Re: New member of the Forced Induction club!!!

Plans are built shortblock with low 9's compression, Trick flow heads, custom grind stage 2 blower cams, edlebrock or trick flow intake, and then crank the boost way up. Im hoping for 700 at the wheels. But that is a few years away still lol
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson
Plans are built shortblock with low 9's compression, Trick flow heads, custom grind stage 2 blower cams, edlebrock or trick flow intake, and then crank the boost way up. Im hoping for 700 at the wheels. But that is a few years away still lol
Sounds kinda what I'm planning with the block heads and cams I'm I looking for a bit over 500 rwhp. Don't want to get to crazy "yet". I know u were bummed earlier bout the supercharger, I checked out ur videos and I gotta say bad a$$ ! The car pulls hard and sounds great I k ow its not what u wanted but nothin to b bummed about to much either it's awesome!
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360

Sounds kinda what I'm planning with the block heads and cams I'm I looking for a bit over 500 rwhp. Don't want to get to crazy "yet". I know u were bummed earlier bout the supercharger, I checked out ur videos and I gotta say bad a$$ ! The car pulls hard and sounds great I k ow its not what u wanted but nothin to b bummed about to much either it's awesome!
Yeah I'm happy with the numbers! I may do a pulley swap and bump it over 400 lol. But I won't need that t trim till I build my motor
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Installed New GT500 Axle Back Mufflers MarkJones 2011-2014 Mustang GT 17 10-01-2017 10:53 AM
whats the difference Robbiemustang96 1996-2004 Mustang GT 21 03-22-2012 01:18 AM
New grille Blackedout Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 35 03-18-2012 05:46 AM
To trade or not to trade.. That is the question. 05RoushGT 2005-2010 Mustang GT 36 03-16-2012 07:00 AM
New hood and front bumper Dylanbest 1996-2004 Mustang GT 18 03-11-2012 12:04 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:23 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.