Mach 1 Chin Lip - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
GP3GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: California
Posts: 253
Mach 1 Chin Lip

I Finally had the time this past weekend to put the lip on:


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2910183701.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	500.3 KB
ID:	43432



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-294916816.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	513.2 KB
ID:	43433
__________________
95 Camaro- Sold
99 Camaro Z28- Sold
99 Mustang GT- DD
GP3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
fresh2death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,676
Makes the front end of our cars look so much better. Its a must for all new edges. Good lookin stang man!
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
GP3GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: California
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death
Makes the front end of our cars look so much better. Its a must for all new edges. Good lookin stang man!
Thanks man! I just need a Hoodscoop now to complete it.. I hate how 99 GTs didnt have them
Oh and a grille delete
__________________
95 Camaro- Sold
99 Camaro Z28- Sold
99 Mustang GT- DD
GP3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
fresh2death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3GT

Thanks man! I just need a Hoodscoop now to complete it.. I hate how 99 GTs didnt have them
Oh and a grille delete
Yeah i hated that too. Only good thing makes for a good sleeper sincr some people might think it a sixxer. Are you just gonna buy the hood scoop off of AM?
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
jjsg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,224
Looks good I love mine. Take a pic afar at an angle. Car looks good
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
GP3GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: California
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death

Yeah i hated that too. Only good thing makes for a good sleeper sincr some people might think it a sixxer. Are you just gonna buy the hood scoop off of AM?
Haha that's exactly what I say too until they hear me take off.. Yeah since it's on sale this month I'm gonna buy it.. Their outta stock right now so hopefully they get more in

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsg09
Looks good I love mine. Take a pic afar at an angle. Car looks good
Thanks man I wanted to get more pics today but out here in Cali it started raining
__________________
95 Camaro- Sold
99 Camaro Z28- Sold
99 Mustang GT- DD
GP3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
MiGT01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Michigan
Posts: 406
Re: Mach 1 Chin Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death View Post
Makes the front end of our cars look so much better. Its a must for all new edges. Good lookin stang man!
x1000000

Definitely makes our front end much more aggressive and shouldve been a stock part.
__________________
01 Black Beauty GT
Eibach pro kit,Tokico shocks/struts,BBK CAI,75mm TB/ Plenum,4.10 FRPP gears,BBK o/r X pipe,Magnaflow Catback,SCT Tuner running 91 Tune,Bama Tunes for Life Member,RAM HD Clutch,BM shifter with MGW "GT" knob,AM smoked Headlights/Sylvania zXe bulbs,VHT smoked tails/3rd brake,Redtop Optima,Mach 1 grille delete,Mach 1 chin spoiler,BULLITT Pedals,20% tint all round,4.6 High Performance Badges
MiGT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiGT01

x1000000

Definitely makes our front end much more aggressive and shouldve been a stock part.
+1 i totally agree. I guess that's just another way they can make money.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120313_171936.png
Views:	310
Size:	613.5 KB
ID:	43457



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120313_171955.png
Views:	2333
Size:	613.7 KB
ID:	43458
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
GP3GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: California
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709

+1 i totally agree. I guess that's just another way they can make money.
That grille delete makes a world of difference too.. I like how urs is with the red w black hood
__________________
95 Camaro- Sold
99 Camaro Z28- Sold
99 Mustang GT- DD
GP3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3GT

That grille delete makes a world of difference too.. I like how urs is with the red w black hood
I got the whole too half painted black.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120313_193725.png
Views:	1613
Size:	586.9 KB
ID:	43493

I was happy with the result. Yea that grille delete and chin spoiler r 2 must have for the new edge stangs
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Mach 1 Chin Lip

Looks real good

A chin spoiler and a grill delete completely change the front of the car.

Which hood scoop are you considering? Does AM sell the OEM scoop...that's the one I'd recommend. That Xenon 3M adhering scoop just doesn't look right to me...the stock scoop that came on the 01-04 GT's looks the best imo. I'd try and pick one up from a salvage yard or mustang vendor. It costs more and is tougher to install (drill vs adhesive) but looks way better.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
GP3GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: California
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
Looks real good

A chin spoiler and a grill delete completely change the front of the car.

Which hood scoop are you considering? Does AM sell the OEM scoop...that's the one I'd recommend. That Xenon 3M adhering scoop just doesn't look right to me...the stock scoop that came on the 01-04 GT's looks the best imo. I'd try and pick one up from a salvage yard or mustang vendor. It costs more and is tougher to install (drill vs adhesive) but looks way better.
Yeah I was thinking about buying the hoodscoop from Am. But I was gonna have a shop paint it and drill it in for me
__________________
95 Camaro- Sold
99 Camaro Z28- Sold
99 Mustang GT- DD
GP3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
kjunitalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 308
Re: Mach 1 Chin Lip

how hard are they to put on.... i'm needing one..
kjunitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjunitalian
how hard are they to put on.... i'm needing one..
Took me about 30min or so
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Camo1967Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,130
Re: Mach 1 Chin Lip

Looks awesome

So glad I got one for my baby

__________________

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Me too. Transforms the whole front end. Makes the world of difference

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120315_140949.png
Views:	160
Size:	613.5 KB
ID:	43760
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
kjunitalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax8709

Took me about 30min or so
Cool .. So it'll probly take me half a day
kjunitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
stampde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Manalapan
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,880
Re: Mach 1 Chin Lip

GP3GT , not to bust balls but is that one new ??
looks warped to me ..........
__________________
2011 GT Auto
stampde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
kjunitalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 308
Are most mounting it flush or 1/4 " back like AM video suggest ?
kjunitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjunitalian
Are most mounting it flush or 1/4 " back like AM video suggest ?
I did mine flush
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
Re: Mach 1 Chin Lip

Just ordered one (and black FR500s!) from AM and plan to mount it flush... is there some sort of issue if you don't mount it back a little bit?
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
GP3GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: California
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde
GP3GT , not to bust balls but is that one new ??
looks warped to me ..........
What do you mean as in warped? It was dirty beacause me and a buddy did it at like midnight haha.. I haven't had the chance to clean it yet that's probably why
__________________
95 Camaro- Sold
99 Camaro Z28- Sold
99 Mustang GT- DD
GP3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
kjunitalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange
Just ordered one (and black FR500s!) from AM and plan to mount it flush... is there some sort of issue if you don't mount it back a little bit?
AM video on how to install says 1/4" back gives it a true mach look .. I kinda like the flush look myself .. Just meed to pull trigger and buy one
kjunitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Mach 1 Chin Lip

If you mount if flush with the edge of the bumper in the front, the ends of the chin spoiler will probably not line up with the edge of the bumper under the fender.

That's why AM says to set it back 1/4"...that's what the Mach's had so the spoiler would line up.

Unless they changed the design or mad them longer...that's what would've happened to mine if I would've mounted it flush with the edge all the way around.

Also, the kits now come with push clips, not actual nuts and bolts like they used to...that's why they're cheaper. I'd recommend spending the few bucks and getting nuts and bolts...they will hold much better and not cause the spoiler to sag over time like the clips might if they get damaged or bent.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
dmax8709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 413
Mine is the nuts and bolts one. It fits flush all the way around.
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
kjunitalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
If you mount if flush with the edge of the bumper in the front, the ends of the chin spoiler will probably not line up with the edge of the bumper under the fender.

That's why AM says to set it back 1/4"...that's what the Mach's had so the spoiler would line up.

Unless they changed the design or mad them longer...that's what would've happened to mine if I would've mounted it flush with the edge all the way around.

Also, the kits now come with push clips, not actual nuts and bolts like they used to...that's why they're cheaper. I'd recommend spending the few bucks and getting nuts and bolts...they will hold much better and not cause the spoiler to sag over time like the clips might if they get damaged or bent.
Good info .. Thanks
kjunitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
I've got a big coffee can of grade 8 hardware. I'll make it work
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
GP3GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: California
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange
I've got a big coffee can of grade 8 hardware. I'll make it work
I ordered mine in the beginning of march and it's still came with the bolts and nuts.. They just didn't send enough.. I still need 2 screws
__________________
95 Camaro- Sold
99 Camaro Z28- Sold
99 Mustang GT- DD
GP3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
jjsg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3GT

I ordered mine in the beginning of march and it's still came with the bolts and nuts.. They just didn't send enough.. I still need 2 screws
Mine was the same way I had to go to lowes and get more.
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
kjunitalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsg09

Mine was the same way I had to go to lowes and get more.
When i order i'll tell them they shorting screws
kjunitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Mach 1 Chin Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3GT View Post
I ordered mine in the beginning of march and it's still came with the bolts and nuts.. They just didn't send enough.. I still need 2 screws
Really...hmm they must have went back to the nuts/bolts again. For a little while I believe they were sending black plastic attaching clips that were ok, but I've always preferred the nuts/bolts.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
03GT88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange
I've got a big coffee can of grade 8 hardware. I'll make it work
Haha grade 8 a little overkill. But still works Haha.
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Mach 1 Chin Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjunitalian View Post
Good info .. Thanks
No problem...to add to that, when I ordered my spoiler back in 09 they shipped it coiled up in the box. So the natural shape of the spoiler was lost after it was folded up and shipped. I left it out in the sun on the pavement for a day and it formed back to its natural shape.

I'd imagine that they still ship the spoiler the same way, so it's definitely worthwhile to wait a day or at least a few hours for the spoiler to stretch back out...it'll make install easier and look much better once on the car.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
kjunitalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03

No problem...to add to that, when I ordered my spoiler back in 09 they shipped it coiled up in the box. So the natural shape of the spoiler was lost after it was folded up and shipped. I left it out in the sun on the pavement for a day and it formed back to its natural shape.

I'd imagine that they still ship the spoiler the same way, so it's definitely worthwhile to wait a day or at least a few hours for the spoiler to stretch back out...it'll make install easier and look much better once on the car.
K...
kjunitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mach 1 section Nel86 Other Special Edition 71 04-18-2012 02:10 PM
Mach 1000 system. Head unit and subs an amps 1995boss Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 8 03-26-2012 08:23 PM
Mach 1 Stereo CD Error? DaYanks4Ev Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 19 03-13-2012 11:46 AM
FICTION :: 2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Mezmer Member Garages 0 03-11-2012 01:26 AM
Lower Din pocket for 2000 mach system Daly2000GT Mustang Audio & Video 6 03-06-2012 02:07 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:27 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.