Sound from speakers... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Sound from speakers...

I hear a really high pitch tone coming from my rear speakers. Theyre hooked up to an amp the tone follows the sound of the car. If i rev, it gets higher, when it idles low, the sound gets low and stays low. My speaker wire is pretty close to the power wire from the battery, so im thinking its just picking up that sound from the engine compartment that way. Could i be right? Yes i ran the power wire on one side of the car and rca on the other, but theres a little jumble of extra wire on each that are mixed around...I dont usually ask about audio stuff but never dealt with this before! Or even heard of it!
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 03:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Madness
I hear a really high pitch tone coming from my rear speakers. Theyre hooked up to an amp the tone follows the sound of the car. If i rev, it gets higher, when it idles low, the sound gets low and stays low. My speaker wire is pretty close to the power wire from the battery, so im thinking its just picking up that sound from the engine compartment that way. Could i be right? Yes i ran the power wire on one side of the car and rca on the other, but theres a little jumble of extra wire on each that are mixed around...I dont usually ask about audio stuff but never dealt with this before! Or even heard of it!
Yes ur speaker wire can pick that up but also can be ur alternator getting weak. Check ur voltage coming to the amp. If it has a low voltage can also cause it. Do u have an inline converter for ur rca ? Or is it coming straight off the back of the radio?
dmax8709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
My speakers would do the same thing yours are doing and come to find out my alternator was dying on me. Might want to check that out
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Sound from speakers...

Its coming straight off the deck. have RCAs for my subs, my rear speakers and my fronts. i might need to swap the Alt... and probably upgrade it. I'm running a lot off my battery.. but I also know it could be from the power wire and rcas being that close to each other, so I'm going to actually mount my amp and clear up the wiring. Thanks though!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Make sure your positive power cable or your REM isn't crossing your RCAs or speaker wire
Old 03-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I have the same setup and same problem. I was thinking maybe a capacitor would help the situation?
01mineralgreyv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Check ur voltage also
Old 03-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I know a cap wouldn't help that. Thats meant for constant power and i don't need it yet. however it would be nice. hah i am going to rerun my wires back and probably use that electromagnet field resistor RCA cable stuff for it. It literally could be anything i suppose.. although i think that the mess of wires are a contributor being as i haven't mounted the amps yet...
Old 03-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Madness
I know a cap wouldn't help that. Thats meant for constant power and i don't need it yet. however it would be nice. hah i am going to rerun my wires back and probably use that electromagnet field resistor RCA cable stuff for it. It literally could be anything i suppose.. although i think that the mess of wires are a contributor being as i haven't mounted the amps yet...
U check ur voltage yet? U need at least 12v Iraq u could get feedback from the strain of the amp
Old 03-16-2012, 02:00 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

ohhh no i haven't.. Im gonna check that out. Im going to get a bigger alt. so ill be able to push more without a new battery...
Old 03-16-2012, 06:49 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Madness View Post
ohhh no i haven't.. Im gonna check that out. Im going to get a bigger alt. so ill be able to push more without a new battery...
A CAP would eliminate you needing to buy a higher Alternator.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT