01 bullitt - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
01 bullitt

Just picked up a black 01 bullitt 80xxx miles wondering what mods are worth the time ..goal is to be around 3oo rwhp on motor with no internal work.. Right now car has bbk off road x pipe magna flow exhuast k&n filter looking into getting 4:10 gears with sct bama tuner off americanmuscle.com... Is a throttle body or mass air or cold air intake worth the money on a bullitt thanks for replies
01bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01bullitt
Just picked up a black 01 bullitt 80xxx miles wondering what mods are worth the time ..goal is to be around 3oo rwhp on motor with no internal work.. Right now car has bbk off road x pipe magna flow exhuast k&n filter looking into getting 4:10 gears with sct bama tuner off americanmuscle.com... Is a throttle body or mass air or cold air intake worth the money on a bullitt thanks for replies
I would look into getting the gear and tuner combo, it's pretty much a must when installing gears and it'll really wake up your car

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

The tuner is the must lol
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to SaturnMan8227
Re: 01 bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01bullitt View Post
Cool car, question about the K&N Filter. Is it Just the filter inside the factory intake system; or is it the K&N FIPK intake system?

Old 03-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Its the fipk it was on car when I bought it I dnt really kno or can see a diffrence in what that is....is it just a or what all is, that?
Old 03-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to SaturnMan8227

ok cool, I ran the K&N system for years on my V6. it performs very well for a short ram style system. I honestly prefer a fender well Cold air. Any brand will work. Just keep in mind that for emission reasons I would keep the K&N, or get a BBK / Mac cold air as they are 50 state legal and have a "C.A.R.B. EO #" sticker
Old 03-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
The '01 Bullitt is just a special edition rebadged GT!.. Performance wise there is no difference!.. So anything to improve it's performance is worth it to me!.. The gears and tuner combo will be a great wake-up-call for your ride!.. A tuner is a first mod must in my book!.. Getting to about 300hp at the wheels with just bolt-ons is possible, but you won't get much more with out touching the motor itself, or with out going FI!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Your wrong on some parts of the bullitt is comes with upper lower intake mani a twin 56mm throttle body that's went tb's for a gt dnt fit along with intakes they make about 15 to 2o more hp and about 30 more tq my friend diffrent rear end gears cobra clutch mach 1 suspension and diffrent tune along with factory tuned exhuast witch is diffrent from a gt
Old 03-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

As seen here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120321_180531.png
Views:	206
Size:	387.1 KB
ID:	44541  
Old 03-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
As seen here
That actually looks like the TrickFlow intake minus the placement of the the alternator!.. So are you sure that's factory?..

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

I knew a guy once before that had one of the older Bullitts like that that!.. His intake was identical to that of the GT!..
Old 03-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Trickflow makes a replica bullitt intake mani that is.factory tb upper lower intake the tb is a oval like the cobra the stock set up flows about 125o
Old 03-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Trickflow makes a replica bullitt intake mani that is.factory tb upper lower intake the tb is a oval like the cobra the stock set up flows about 125o
Ok cool!.. Just weird that I've never seen that intake before!.. Know of anywhere I can pick one up for cheap?.. If it's got similar performance gains as the TrickFlow but without have to shell out $800+ for it!...
Old 03-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

No clue bro srry maybe talk someone that has a bullitt that upgraded have the stock I've just chillin around lol
Old 03-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
I wouldn't touch it. The bullitt is a really rare car. There's only about 8500 of them made
89white GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89white GT View Post
I wouldn't touch it. The bullitt is a really rare car. There's only about 8500 of them made
Agreed! If it is truly a Bullitt, leave it as is or you'll regret it trust me!
Eibach pro kit,Tokico shocks/struts,BBK CAI,75mm TB/ Plenum,4.10 FRPP gears,BBK o/r X pipe,Magnaflow Catback,SCT Tuner running 91 Tune,Bama Tunes for Life Member,RAM HD Clutch,BM shifter with MGW "GT" knob,AM smoked Headlights/Sylvania zXe bulbs,VHT smoked tails/3rd brake,Redtop Optima,Mach 1 grille delete,Mach 1 chin spoiler,BULLITT Pedals,20% tint all round,4.6 High Performance Badges
MiGT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Only 25oo made im keeping all stock parts
Old 03-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Ok cool!.. Just weird that I've never seen that intake before!.. Know of anywhere I can pick one up for cheap?.. If it's got similar performance gains as the TrickFlow but without have to shell out $800+ for it!...
You can get em for like 600 for everything you need
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson

You can get em for like 600 for everything you need
Are you talking about the Bullitt or the TrickFlow?...
Old 03-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Only 25oo made im keeping all stock parts
Maybe only 2500 in that color. But there were 5582 made in black, green, and blue

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89white GT

Maybe only 2500 in that color. But there were 5582 made in black, green, and blue
True Blue 723, Black 1818, DHG 3041
Old 03-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I stand corrected haha iv never seen true blue one and I'm jelious of the DHG
Old 03-22-2012, 07:15 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

You may have seen rebadged GT's to look like bulitts! Lol

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 AM ----------

The stock bulitt intake is a good performance adder for a stock GT, but something to look into is the alternator. I believe (could be wrong) that they have a different alternator then the GT's. That's why the trickflow has you turn the alternator around on the GT's. The intakes are really good for FI and there's room for porting if you desire.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

where you sit now vs 300rwhp is a long road and I dont see you getting there without building the motor or going into it at least.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
where you sit now vs 300rwhp is a long road and I dont see you getting there without building the motor or going into it at least.
You can get there with bolt-ons!.. I'm at about 275hp at the wheels and all I've got is 75mm TB, CAI, Pullies, O/R X-pipe and cat back, and a tune!.. Another 20 can be had with LT Headers, which should put me at or just under 300hp!..

To hit it you'll just have to basically throw every Bolt-on onto it!..
Old 03-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
You can get there with bolt-ons!.. I'm at about 275hp at the wheels and all I've got is 75mm TB, CAI, Pullies, O/R X-pipe and cat back, and a tune!.. Another 20 can be had with LT Headers, which should put me at or just under 300hp!..

To hit it you'll just have to basically throw every Bolt-on onto it!..
Do you happen to have a dyno that shows you at 275?? Because I was dynoed with 70mm TB/plenum, CAI, Long Tubes, O/R prochamber, cat back and a tune and i put down 268rwhp. That means I had your mod list minus pullies which are MAYBE 5hp and i had LTs which added at least 20hp. I believe you are confused...

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Are you talking about the Bullitt or the TrickFlow?...
Thats for the bullitt
Old 03-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Do you happen to have a dyno that shows you at 275?? Because I was dynoed with 70mm TB/plenum, CAI, Long Tubes, O/R prochamber, cat back and a tune and i put down 268rwhp. That means I had your mod list minus pullies which are MAYBE 5hp and i had LTs which added at least 20hp. I believe you are confused...

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Thats for the bullitt
There is a formula (I forget it off the top of my head) that you can use by taking your trap times, your trap speed, and weight of your vehicle, to give you a HP average!.. NHRA used it for a number of years because there really isn't a Dyno that can truly measure the amount of power they are putting down with the Top Fuelers and such!... My 275hp is an average from all last season runs between two different tracks!..

I've also got the matching 75mm Upper plenum, Intake Spacer, and MotoBlue coils!.. Didn't mention them before because I'm not totally convinced they are all doing that much for me!...

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

And as far as that Bullitt intake I think I'll just wait and get the TrickFlow instead!.. It at least uses your stock GT parts and gets the same goals!..
Old 03-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Bullitts have a cobra alternator....my goal is 4oohp I have a wet kit right more but not installed I want get close to 3oo then just add what shot I need to get 4oo want to be able have lil fun worth cobras
Old 03-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There is a formula (I forget it off the top of my head) that you can use by taking your trap times, your trap speed, and weight of your vehicle, to give you a HP average!.. NHRA used it for a number of years because there really isn't a Dyno that can truly measure the amount of power they are putting down with the Top Fuelers and such!... My 275hp is an average from all last season runs between two different tracks!..

I've also got the matching 75mm Upper plenum, Intake Spacer, and MotoBlue coils!.. Didn't mention them before because I'm not totally convinced they are all doing that much for me!...

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

And as far as that Bullitt intake I think I'll just wait and get the TrickFlow instead!.. It at least uses your stock GT parts and gets the same goals!..
Well most people on here go by real dyno numbers. You can take a stock gt, do a ton of suspension mods, and get a way faster time but that doesnt mean you ever gained the first extra pony. Coils add no horsepower, intake spacer may add 1hp if your lucky, and on a bolt on gt the extra 5mm on your TB/plenum combo wont help you any at all. Not trying to bash you or anything i just dont want anyone to read this then go to the dyno for real numbers and wonder why their numbers are so low
Old 03-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I've read multiple articles that dyno the 01 bullitts and they hold the 275 to the wheels like ford says. So picking up 25 ponys should relatively easy without tearing the motor completely apart.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Im hoping im out In north carolina camp lejeune we have 93 pump and right next to cost so we have good elevation and gas hoping good.numbers fairly easy

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Etuner what was your trap speeds?
Old 03-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well most people on here go by real dyno numbers. You can take a stock gt, do a ton of suspension mods, and get a way faster time but that doesnt mean you ever gained the first extra pony. Coils add no horsepower, intake spacer may add 1hp if your lucky, and on a bolt on gt the extra 5mm on your TB/plenum combo wont help you any at all. Not trying to bash you or anything i just dont want anyone to read this then go to the dyno for real numbers and wonder why their numbers are so low
That's just it!.. Dynos don't show real world numbers!.. Dynos are mostly only good for showing improvements over what you had before!.. My numbers come from running at two completely different tracks, on hot days and cold days, and everyday in-between!.. Most people that base numbers off of Dynos only go to one a couple of times!.. If that many!.. Lol.

And I know some one is going to want to say, "Well this dyno this, or That dyno that!.." Don't!.. Dynos are tools and nothing more!..
Old 03-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01bullitt View Post
Your wrong on some parts of the bullitt is comes with upper lower intake mani a twin 56mm throttle body that's went tb's for a gt dnt fit along with intakes they make about 15 to 2o more hp and about 30 more tq my friend diffrent rear end gears cobra clutch mach 1 suspension and diffrent tune along with factory tuned exhuast witch is diffrent from a gt
+ 1
its the 05 -up Bullits that have only the cai difference ,but the new edge 's have a lot of different parts
Old 03-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

That's just it!.. Dynos don't show real world numbers!.. Dynos are mostly only good for showing improvements over what you had before!.. My numbers come from running at two completely different tracks, on hot days and cold days, and everyday in-between!.. Most people that base numbers off of Dynos only go to one a couple of times!.. If that many!.. Lol.

And I know some one is going to want to say, "Well this dyno this, or That dyno that!.." Don't!.. Dynos are tools and nothing more!..
It's a trade off really. Real world at the drag strip will show you how much your mods picked up the car by trap speed and time. However a good example of how the two can misrepresent is gears. Go from stock 3.27 or whatever to 4.10 and of course you're gonna improve your ET especially with sticky tires but the trade off is on the dyno if you were to do back to back runs with just a gear swap..... The 4.10's will actually show a HP drop usually 10-20 HP.

It's all relative. Dynos are great for dialing in you A/F especially on FI or nitrous cars.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Im hoping im out In north carolina camp lejeune we have 93 pump and right next to cost so we have good elevation and gas hoping good.numbers fairly easy

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Etuner what was your trap speeds?
You should be able to get 300rwhp or very close with full bolt ons. I know those who have put the trickflow upper motor package on theirs have shown significant gains in the 360+ rwhp numbers. But I think that's more work then you are after.
Dion11197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Are the underdrive pulleys worth the

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Cash?
Old 03-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #33
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Semper FI!!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are the underdrive pulleys worth the

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Cash?
No they arn't to be honest. They are a waste of money unless you want your pulleys to look fancy. Other then that, save your money
Old 03-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

I dnt really pop hood much so I'm gonna pass on that thanks for info

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT