Sea foam! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Exclamation Sea foam!

Why did my thread get closed! So far I don't like this site... To many stupid rules and not enough help or advise really... I ask a question and my thread gets closed! Sea Foam! Can anyone tell me if I should try it or not!
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: Sea foam!

have you tried the search tab? the reason why it might have been closed is because its pointless to have the multiple thousand of users we have post the same questions over and over again. so instead, use the search tab and read up.

not trying to be a dick but yes plenty of people have used seafoam. not myself personally though.

GLWS

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Your thread is still there it appears it's just had all the b.s edited out

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

Yes I've used it . I've used it in gas, oil, and in vacuum lines . If you put it in your oil just make sure within a hundred miles or so change your oil and filter

Old 03-24-2012, 03:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
This is a good site don't down trot it because of a few incidences. If you have any problems just ask and I can help you get it solved.

On the other hand sea foam is the best additive I would recommend I use it in everything. Lucas is in a plastic bottle so it's not as aggressive as sea foam which is in a aluminum can for the strength because it would eat the plastic.

It's not expensive just use it every once and awhile.
1995boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:53 AM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
^Word... It's a great site.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
It's a great site and I love it here. But lately it seems that all we see are the same 3 or 4 questions all day long and 90% of the time those posts end up with a bunch of BS and **** talking. It's getting a but ridiculous IMO
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson
It's a great site and I love it here. But lately it seems that all we see are the same 3 or 4 questions all day long and 90% of the time those posts end up with a bunch of BS and **** talking. It's getting a but ridiculous IMO
+1
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson
Have to agree you see the same question posted ALOT! So guarantee that if you have a question it's been asked before so just search and read up before starting a thread! It's a great site with great people!
Timm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Red face Re: Sea foam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995boss View Post
This is a good site don't down trot it because of a few incidences. If you have any problems just ask and I can help you get it solved.

On the other hand sea foam is the best additive I would recommend I use it in everything. Lucas is in a plastic bottle so it's not as aggressive as sea foam which is in a aluminum can for the strength because it would eat the plastic.

It's not expensive just use it every once and awhile.
Sorry to bad talk the site man it's just whenever I ask a question I get replies, then other people will jump I'm and do personal attacks on their replies... I just get tired of seeing that that's all... I'm here for help not to see subject get off hand, and I also searched sea foam front to back, side to side, blind folded, and youtubed, lmao I'm just a lil nervous about it still. But hey I'm gonna try it I think it will be ok, seeing how I've heard nothin but good about it, thanks guys...
Old 03-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska

seafoam for the win! and if you do use it in your vaccum line for the sake of all of us plz record it lol i love all the smoke it puts out
Nashgizam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashgizam
seafoam for the win! and if you do use it in your vaccum line for the sake of all of us plz record it lol i love all the smoke it puts out
Ya sorry man if I woulda read this reply earlier I would have recorded it... So ya I did use it, and it put out the smoke, and my neighbors looked at me like I just screwed my car lol... But I didn't it actually did clean out a lot of black stuff, because I wiped a lot out my tail tips... I'm not worried about the cats because it says it's safe so I trust it, plus I'm taking the cats off soon anyways. Soo it's all good I think it turned out as I didn't plan so ya there ya go I've experienced it know how it works now, and yes I do recommend it...
Old 03-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew r Wright

Ya sorry man if I woulda read this reply earlier I would have recorded it... So ya I did use it, and it put out the smoke, and my neighbors looked at me like I just screwed my car lol... But I didn't it actually did clean out a lot of black stuff, because I wiped a lot out my tail tips... I'm not worried about the cats because it says it's safe so I trust it, plus I'm taking the cats off soon anyways. Soo it's all good I think it turned out as I didn't plan so ya there ya go I've experienced it know how it works now, and yes I do recommend it...
I might have to try this my stang has 80K miles lol soo which vaccum line should it be put in?
Old 03-25-2012, 12:09 AM   #13
Road Trip!

Region: North Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson View Post
I have an idea I'm thinking about starting which will post a challenging question each week and members of the forum will be able to figure out the answer as it pertains to their individual car.. a way of getting people involved and also allowing them to learn something about their own cars and also giving them a way to to help each other figure out answers instead of constantly asking the same questions over and over... Whew.... just being a problem solver..
K Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by K Twisted

I have an idea I'm thinking about starting which will post a challenging question each week and members of the forum will be able to figure out the answer as it pertains to their individual car.. a way of getting people involved and also allowing them to learn something about their own cars and also giving them a way to to help each other figure out answers instead of constantly asking the same questions over and over... Whew.... just being a problem solver..
@ K Twisted now that is a very good idea I would love to see a thread like this there is no better way to learn about our cars than hands on experience . This would definitely be a benefit to all who would participate. I'll b keeping a eye out !
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227 View Post
I might have to try this my stang has 80K miles lol soo which vaccum line should it be put in?
In the one below the primary one... You know the big one on the iac, then the smaller one below it... That's the one...
Old 03-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Ok thanks yeah I know which one your talking about
Old 03-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Yes seafoam is a great additive that removes sludge and carbon deposits that build up in your engine. The more black sh*t you see in your tailpipes the better, that WAS in your engine

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Twisted View Post
Im curious to see what you come up with. At this point I'll take anything that doesnt involve "which exhaust?" or "Ricer this, ricer that"
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
I'm seafoaming today and I'm not quite sure where our vaccuum line is any help?
Nashgizam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:43 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Wink Re: Sea foam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashgizam View Post
I'm seafoaming today and I'm not quite sure where our vaccuum line is any help?
Yah no, it's actually on the plenum my bad... The one that leads to the valve cover on ur passenger side sorry...
Old 03-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Can any one give a step by step for sea foaming my car. Like what line to use where and how much to apply?
Old 03-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron's racecar
Can any one give a step by step for sea foaming my car. Like what line to use where and how much to apply?
Yah bro ya just start ur car, let it run at idle for five min... Then u open the can pop, pop ur hood, and pull that vacuum line to ur plenum... Hold the can to it, and it will automatically suck it in, the car will idle high when you do this so expect that. When you suc half through vacuum line, stop, then put vacuum line back together. Take other half of the can and put it in the gas tank. When you do all this you should start to see a lil white smoke come out ur tail pipes... Just go up front and pull ur idle cable and rev it up a few times u know... The white smoke will really come then... Ok so when you do that for a min or two, the smoke should dissipate... That's when u wanna jump in it and fly down the street, heck do a burn out lmao no just kidding, but you do wanna take it for a ten min drive, a lil high rev to get the rest of the smoke out, and to just clean the pipes out... Do worry people will look at u like u just efed up ur car to just never mind that lol... Bring her home, then take a paper towel and while out tail pipes, that's where you'll see the results... And yes I do highly recommend sea foam it does work, and it's safe for the cats... So there ya go..

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Quote:

Yah bro ya just start ur car, let it run at idle for five min... Then u open the can pop, pop ur hood, and pull that vacuum line to ur plenum... Hold the can to it, and it will automatically suck it in, the car will idle high when you do this so expect that. When you suc half through vacuum line, stop, then put vacuum line back together. Take other half of the can and put it in the gas tank. When you do all this you should start to see a lil white smoke come out ur tail pipes... Just go up front and pull ur idle cable and rev it up a few times u know... The white smoke will really come then... Ok so when you do that for a min or two, the smoke should dissipate... That's when u wanna jump in it and fly down the street, heck do a burn out lmao no just kidding, but you do wanna take it for a ten min drive, a lil high rev to get the rest of the smoke out, and to just clean the pipes out... Dont worry people will look at u like u just efed up ur car to just never mind that lol... Bring her home, then take a paper towel and while out tail pipes, that's where you'll see the results... And yes I do highly recommend sea foam it does work, and it's safe for the cats... So there ya go..

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote:

Yah bro ya just start ur car, let it run at idle for five min... Then u open the can pop, pop ur hood, and pull that vacuum line to ur plenum... Hold the can to it, and it will automatically suck it in, the car will idle high when you do this so expect that. When you suc half through vacuum line, stop, then put vacuum line back together. Take other half of the can and put it in the gas tank. When you do all this you should start to see a lil white smoke come out ur tail pipes... Just go up front and pull ur idle cable and rev it up a few times u know... The white smoke will really come then... Ok so when you do that for a min or two, the smoke should dissipate... That's when u wanna jump in it and fly down the street, heck do a burn out lmao no just kidding, but you do wanna take it for a ten min drive, a lil high rev to get the rest of the smoke out, and to just clean the pipes out... Do worry people will look at u like u just efed up ur car to just never mind that lol... Bring her home, then take a paper towel and while out tail pipes, that's where you'll see the results... And yes I do highly recommend sea foam it does work, and it's safe for the cats... So there ya go..
Sorry man I was in a hurry to type that so sorry for spelling... Don't worry about people looking at you like you just efed up your car... And wipe your tail pipes out lol...
Old 03-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Ok thanks much
Old 03-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I'm gonna give this stuff a try too!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT