Sea foam! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mathew r Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 470
Exclamation Sea foam!

Why did my thread get closed! So far I don't like this site... To many stupid rules and not enough help or advise really... I ask a question and my thread gets closed! Sea Foam! Can anyone tell me if I should try it or not!
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-24-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Topless04GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Ohio
Posts: 903
Re: Sea foam!

have you tried the search tab? the reason why it might have been closed is because its pointless to have the multiple thousand of users we have post the same questions over and over again. so instead, use the search tab and read up.

not trying to be a dick but yes plenty of people have used seafoam. not myself personally though.

GLWS
__________________

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
02PONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 886
Your thread is still there it appears it's just had all the b.s edited out

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

Yes I've used it . I've used it in gas, oil, and in vacuum lines . If you put it in your oil just make sure within a hundred miles or so change your oil and filter
__________________
02PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-24-2012, 03:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
1995boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Kansas
Posts: 333
This is a good site don't down trot it because of a few incidences. If you have any problems just ask and I can help you get it solved.

On the other hand sea foam is the best additive I would recommend I use it in everything. Lucas is in a plastic bottle so it's not as aggressive as sea foam which is in a aluminum can for the strength because it would eat the plastic.

It's not expensive just use it every once and awhile.
1995boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:53 AM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
^Word... It's a great site.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
It's a great site and I love it here. But lately it seems that all we see are the same 3 or 4 questions all day long and 90% of the time those posts end up with a bunch of BS and **** talking. It's getting a but ridiculous IMO
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson
It's a great site and I love it here. But lately it seems that all we see are the same 3 or 4 questions all day long and 90% of the time those posts end up with a bunch of BS and **** talking. It's getting a but ridiculous IMO
+1
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Timm04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson
It's a great site and I love it here. But lately it seems that all we see are the same 3 or 4 questions all day long and 90% of the time those posts end up with a bunch of BS and **** talking. It's getting a but ridiculous IMO
Have to agree you see the same question posted ALOT! So guarantee that if you have a question it's been asked before so just search and read up before starting a thread! It's a great site with great people!
Timm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mathew r Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 470
Red face Re: Sea foam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995boss View Post
This is a good site don't down trot it because of a few incidences. If you have any problems just ask and I can help you get it solved.

On the other hand sea foam is the best additive I would recommend I use it in everything. Lucas is in a plastic bottle so it's not as aggressive as sea foam which is in a aluminum can for the strength because it would eat the plastic.

It's not expensive just use it every once and awhile.
Sorry to bad talk the site man it's just whenever I ask a question I get replies, then other people will jump I'm and do personal attacks on their replies... I just get tired of seeing that that's all... I'm here for help not to see subject get off hand, and I also searched sea foam front to back, side to side, blind folded, and youtubed, lmao I'm just a lil nervous about it still. But hey I'm gonna try it I think it will be ok, seeing how I've heard nothin but good about it, thanks guys...
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nashgizam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 85
Re: Sea foam!

seafoam for the win! and if you do use it in your vaccum line for the sake of all of us plz record it lol i love all the smoke it puts out
Nashgizam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mathew r Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashgizam
seafoam for the win! and if you do use it in your vaccum line for the sake of all of us plz record it lol i love all the smoke it puts out
Ya sorry man if I woulda read this reply earlier I would have recorded it... So ya I did use it, and it put out the smoke, and my neighbors looked at me like I just screwed my car lol... But I didn't it actually did clean out a lot of black stuff, because I wiped a lot out my tail tips... I'm not worried about the cats because it says it's safe so I trust it, plus I'm taking the cats off soon anyways. Soo it's all good I think it turned out as I didn't plan so ya there ya go I've experienced it know how it works now, and yes I do recommend it...
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew r Wright

Ya sorry man if I woulda read this reply earlier I would have recorded it... So ya I did use it, and it put out the smoke, and my neighbors looked at me like I just screwed my car lol... But I didn't it actually did clean out a lot of black stuff, because I wiped a lot out my tail tips... I'm not worried about the cats because it says it's safe so I trust it, plus I'm taking the cats off soon anyways. Soo it's all good I think it turned out as I didn't plan so ya there ya go I've experienced it know how it works now, and yes I do recommend it...
I might have to try this my stang has 80K miles lol soo which vaccum line should it be put in?
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:09 AM   #13
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: North Dakota
Posts: 303
Re: Sea foam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson View Post
It's a great site and I love it here. But lately it seems that all we see are the same 3 or 4 questions all day long and 90% of the time those posts end up with a bunch of BS and **** talking. It's getting a but ridiculous IMO
I have an idea I'm thinking about starting which will post a challenging question each week and members of the forum will be able to figure out the answer as it pertains to their individual car.. a way of getting people involved and also allowing them to learn something about their own cars and also giving them a way to to help each other figure out answers instead of constantly asking the same questions over and over... Whew.... just being a problem solver..
K Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by K Twisted

I have an idea I'm thinking about starting which will post a challenging question each week and members of the forum will be able to figure out the answer as it pertains to their individual car.. a way of getting people involved and also allowing them to learn something about their own cars and also giving them a way to to help each other figure out answers instead of constantly asking the same questions over and over... Whew.... just being a problem solver..
@ K Twisted now that is a very good idea I would love to see a thread like this there is no better way to learn about our cars than hands on experience . This would definitely be a benefit to all who would participate. I'll b keeping a eye out !
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mathew r Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 470
Re: Sea foam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227 View Post
I might have to try this my stang has 80K miles lol soo which vaccum line should it be put in?
In the one below the primary one... You know the big one on the iac, then the smaller one below it... That's the one...
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Ok thanks yeah I know which one your talking about
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Sea foam!

Yes seafoam is a great additive that removes sludge and carbon deposits that build up in your engine. The more black sh*t you see in your tailpipes the better, that WAS in your engine
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Re: Sea foam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Twisted View Post
I have an idea I'm thinking about starting which will post a challenging question each week and members of the forum will be able to figure out the answer as it pertains to their individual car.. a way of getting people involved and also allowing them to learn something about their own cars and also giving them a way to to help each other figure out answers instead of constantly asking the same questions over and over... Whew.... just being a problem solver..
Im curious to see what you come up with. At this point I'll take anything that doesnt involve "which exhaust?" or "Ricer this, ricer that"
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nashgizam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 85
I'm seafoaming today and I'm not quite sure where our vaccuum line is any help?
Nashgizam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:43 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mathew r Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 470
Wink Re: Sea foam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashgizam View Post
I'm seafoaming today and I'm not quite sure where our vaccuum line is any help?
Yah no, it's actually on the plenum my bad... The one that leads to the valve cover on ur passenger side sorry...
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Arron's racecar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Nevada
Posts: 341
Can any one give a step by step for sea foaming my car. Like what line to use where and how much to apply?
__________________
2004 GT current mods : CAI, BBK Short throw shifter TB and UDPs, SCT x3/SF3 with BAMA Perfomance tunes Roush body kit, roush side skirt exhaust and paint.
Arron's racecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mathew r Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron's racecar
Can any one give a step by step for sea foaming my car. Like what line to use where and how much to apply?
Yah bro ya just start ur car, let it run at idle for five min... Then u open the can pop, pop ur hood, and pull that vacuum line to ur plenum... Hold the can to it, and it will automatically suck it in, the car will idle high when you do this so expect that. When you suc half through vacuum line, stop, then put vacuum line back together. Take other half of the can and put it in the gas tank. When you do all this you should start to see a lil white smoke come out ur tail pipes... Just go up front and pull ur idle cable and rev it up a few times u know... The white smoke will really come then... Ok so when you do that for a min or two, the smoke should dissipate... That's when u wanna jump in it and fly down the street, heck do a burn out lmao no just kidding, but you do wanna take it for a ten min drive, a lil high rev to get the rest of the smoke out, and to just clean the pipes out... Do worry people will look at u like u just efed up ur car to just never mind that lol... Bring her home, then take a paper towel and while out tail pipes, that's where you'll see the results... And yes I do highly recommend sea foam it does work, and it's safe for the cats... So there ya go..

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew r Wright

Yah bro ya just start ur car, let it run at idle for five min... Then u open the can pop, pop ur hood, and pull that vacuum line to ur plenum... Hold the can to it, and it will automatically suck it in, the car will idle high when you do this so expect that. When you suc half through vacuum line, stop, then put vacuum line back together. Take other half of the can and put it in the gas tank. When you do all this you should start to see a lil white smoke come out ur tail pipes... Just go up front and pull ur idle cable and rev it up a few times u know... The white smoke will really come then... Ok so when you do that for a min or two, the smoke should dissipate... That's when u wanna jump in it and fly down the street, heck do a burn out lmao no just kidding, but you do wanna take it for a ten min drive, a lil high rev to get the rest of the smoke out, and to just clean the pipes out... Dont worry people will look at u like u just efed up ur car to just never mind that lol... Bring her home, then take a paper towel and while out tail pipes, that's where you'll see the results... And yes I do highly recommend sea foam it does work, and it's safe for the cats... So there ya go..


---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew r Wright

Yah bro ya just start ur car, let it run at idle for five min... Then u open the can pop, pop ur hood, and pull that vacuum line to ur plenum... Hold the can to it, and it will automatically suck it in, the car will idle high when you do this so expect that. When you suc half through vacuum line, stop, then put vacuum line back together. Take other half of the can and put it in the gas tank. When you do all this you should start to see a lil white smoke come out ur tail pipes... Just go up front and pull ur idle cable and rev it up a few times u know... The white smoke will really come then... Ok so when you do that for a min or two, the smoke should dissipate... That's when u wanna jump in it and fly down the street, heck do a burn out lmao no just kidding, but you do wanna take it for a ten min drive, a lil high rev to get the rest of the smoke out, and to just clean the pipes out... Do worry people will look at u like u just efed up ur car to just never mind that lol... Bring her home, then take a paper towel and while out tail pipes, that's where you'll see the results... And yes I do highly recommend sea foam it does work, and it's safe for the cats... So there ya go..
Sorry man I was in a hurry to type that so sorry for spelling... Don't worry about people looking at you like you just efed up your car... And wipe your tail pipes out lol...
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Arron's racecar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Nevada
Posts: 341
Ok thanks much
__________________
2004 GT current mods : CAI, BBK Short throw shifter TB and UDPs, SCT x3/SF3 with BAMA Perfomance tunes Roush body kit, roush side skirt exhaust and paint.
Arron's racecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
I'm gonna give this stuff a try too!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sea Foam... Mathew r Wright 1996-2004 Mustang GT 7 03-23-2012 10:36 PM
Sea foam ? shsfresh87 General Mustang Discussion 4 01-28-2012 12:46 PM
Sea Foam in vacuum line? afree05 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 1 12-12-2011 01:23 AM
Deep Sea Fishing Trip June Brent The Bar 14 11-30-2010 04:36 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:08 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.