Green monster list - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:26 AM   #1

Region: Tennessee
Green monster list

This is my list I have a 99 gt 2v auto take a look at my list and see do I need any thing els and trying to get ever thing for more Hp wit out getting a SUPERCHAGER that's gone be my last thing to get so don't say add supercharger or turbo plz

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-126954386.png
Views:	224
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	45103
Green monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 05:04 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
If you are gonna stick to you're list I would add a set of trick flow heads with those cams u picked out and a tuner. IMO for the cost of all that I would wait a bit more and just get the supercharger price wise you're not to far off and you will get way more hp
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:28 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Also you can get a generic CAI for half that price with same yield as big name CAIs. Also you will most likely need new beehive springs to accommodate the higher lift of that stage 2 cam. That adds on another $200. New set of retainers for those springs is like $65.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Re: Green monster list

There are a few issues with your list:
1) To run that T-Lock, you will need to upgrade to 31 spline axles
2) To use the Edlebrock intake , you will need new fuel rails and a custom plenum
3) If your going to do the cams, you will need new springs and retainers are recommended
4) Those BBK pullies arent very good, if you want pullies go with steeda. They ARE WORTH THE MONEY and wont screw up your motor
5) You will need either a Diablo Mafia, or a new MAF to run the 30lb injectors
6) You dont have a tuner listed
7) Your cart says $2200 as is. Then add in all the stuff I said above so that everything will actually work and work correctly and your looking at well over $3300-$3500. THEN you add in labor if you need to have someone do the work for you since cams and gears and a little more in depth to install and your looking at over $4500 easily.

So you spend $4500, end up with a car that puts down MAYBE 310rwhp and with those mods your MPG will suffer.

I know you said "NO CHARGERS" but with the $4500 your looking at spending, I spent less and got long tubes, my whole charger setup, and got it all dyno tuned and have 370 rwhp (will be over 400 as soon as my new pulley gets here) and since i can stay out of the boost when i want i still got 26 mpg on the interstate driving home from the dyno. If I were you, i would SERIOUSLY reconsider your parts list.

But if you decide you want to stay with the list you have, then the things i listed above are all very important. Good luck
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
CodyNelson is the man.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
CodyNelson is the man.
Lol thank you sir! Just hate to see someone spend all that money and not know what they are getting into
Old 03-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Just out of curiosity can you run a supercharger with stock internals and if so. To what boost? 9psi. 10psi.?
Crunch9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch9876
Just out of curiosity can you run a supercharger with stock internals and if so. To what boost? 9psi. 10psi.?
Yes you can! I'm running 10 lbs. of boost with my Kenne Bell on a stock bottom end .
Old 03-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Im currently running 8 psi on my Vortech with stock internals and will bumping it up to 10psi very soon
Old 03-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson
Im currently running 8 psi on my Vortech with stock internals and will bumping it up to 10psi very soon
With the pulley change and you're set up what are you looking at like 390 rwhp ?
Old 03-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360

With the pulley change and you're set up what are you looking at like 390 rwhp ?
No. More boost and a retune will put me over 400. The tune now is super conservative and is actually a little too rich. I need to have it leaned just a shade
Old 03-28-2012, 01:50 AM   #12

Region: Tennessee
[QUOTE="CodyNelson"]

Dear Mr Codynelson can u plz put me a good list together so I can follow to be a 400mph my dad own his own shop so I don't have any problem wit da labor part just tryin to put together a good camaro trans am eater lol

Name:	image-2283746282.png
Views:	135
Size:	425.5 KB
ID:	45197
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3997264009.png
Views:	102
Size:	864.9 KB
ID:	45196  
Green monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:15 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No. More boost and a retune will put me over 400. The tune now is super conservative and is actually a little too rich. I need to have it leaned just a shade
Are you going to get more aggressive with the tune this time ? The reason I stated 390 rwhp is because I always thought the stock internals could only handle 450 fwhp , 390 already puts u in the " red zone" I'd b a little nervous about pushing over 400 rwhp.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:18 AM   #14
Road Trip!

green monster. I will personaly for that much you are goin to spend rather get a Procharger you get more hp plus it already includes injectors,fuel pump, and tuner for around 4500-5000, that's my opinion that's what I would put on my bullitt whit stock heads, that should give you from 260's to maybe 390? whit a good dynotune
robertoortiz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertoortiz85
green monster. I will personaly for that much you are goin to spend rather get a Procharger you get more hp plus it already includes injectors,fuel pump, and tuner for around 4500-5000, that's my opinion that's what I would put on my bullitt whit stock heads, that should give you from 260's to maybe 390? whit a good dynotune
Can you please speak clear English?? Every post you put up I have to read 100 times just to get an idea of what you are trying to say.

But anyways, the tune will be a little more aggressive. The tune now is actually so conservative I'm worried about fouling my plugs. Platinum plugs don't like SUPER rich conditions. But with just a shade over 400 I'm not too concerned.

And green monster I got your PM and will send you a list when I get to a computer.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
There are a few issues with your list:
1) To run that T-Lock, you will need to upgrade to 31 spline axles
2) To use the Edlebrock intake , you will need new fuel rails and a custom plenum
3) If your going to do the cams, you will need new springs and retainers are recommended
4) Those BBK pullies arent very good, if you want pullies go with steeda. They ARE WORTH THE MONEY and wont screw up your motor
5) You will need either a Diablo Mafia, or a new MAF to run the 30lb injectors
6) You dont have a tuner listed
7) Your cart says $2200 as is. Then add in all the stuff I said above so that everything will actually work and work correctly and your looking at well over $3300-$3500. THEN you add in labor if you need to have someone do the work for you since cams and gears and a little more in depth to install and your looking at over $4500 easily.

So you spend $4500, end up with a car that puts down MAYBE 310rwhp and with those mods your MPG will suffer.

I know you said "NO CHARGERS" but with the $4500 your looking at spending, I spent less and got long tubes, my whole charger setup, and got it all dyno tuned and have 370 rwhp (will be over 400 as soon as my new pulley gets here) and since i can stay out of the boost when i want i still got 26 mpg on the interstate driving home from the dyno. If I were you, i would SERIOUSLY reconsider your parts list.

But if you decide you want to stay with the list you have, then the things i listed above are all very important. Good luck
Are the BBK UDPs really bad ? I use them on my car and I wouldn't want my motor to get screwed up! Has it been proven that they are bad?
Old 03-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #17
Road Trip!

codynelson, ,pero me entendiste? do I detected a little racism codynelson get off my nuts vato every time you see a user name that shows latin on it you cant help it and get your anger against latino, what is your neighbor in your block has a better house,car or wife and he is latino sow you get pist and start to speak up your hateful mine,,,,,me ases reir vato, ,,,
Old 03-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertoortiz85
codynelson, ,pero me entendiste? do I detected a little racism codynelson get off my nuts vato every time you see a user name that shows latin on it you cant help it and get your anger against latino, what is your neighbor in your block has a better house,car or wife and he is latino sow you get pist and start to speak up your hateful mine,,,,,me ases reir vato, ,,,
No one here is trying to be racist but when you type out stuff that is so heller skeeter that no one understands it's a problem
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #19
Road Trip!

and what part you don't understand you want me to write it in big o letters or wat
Old 03-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron's racecar View Post
Are the BBK UDPs really bad ? I use them on my car and I wouldn't want my motor to get screwed up! Has it been proven that they are bad?
They arent terrible, some people run them with no issues. Other people have reported problems. Its just kinda hit and miss

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertoortiz85 View Post
Im done with this crap. This is now the second thread you have accused me of being racist in for the same ****. I AM NOT RACIST. I just DISPISE your incorrect use of the English language. Is there an Admin reading this that can take care of this crap. I came here to talk about cars, not disipher gibberish and be called a racist
Old 03-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Can you please speak clear English?? Every post you put up I have to read 100 times just to get an idea of what you are trying to say.

But anyways, the tune will be a little more aggressive. The tune now is actually so conservative I'm worried about fouling my plugs. Platinum plugs don't like SUPER rich conditions. But with just a shade over 400 I'm not too concerned.

And green monster I got your PM and will send you a list when I get to a computer.
The one thing that is confusing me is that if you're air/ fuel ratio is dialed in how could u be running rich? And if u are wouldn't the pully upgrade balance you out ? If you swap the pully and get aggressive with the tune aren't u afraid u will run rich again?
Old 03-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360 View Post
The one thing that is confusing me is that if you're air/ fuel ratio is dialed in how could u be running rich? And if u are wouldn't the pully upgrade balance you out ? If you swap the pully and get aggressive with the tune aren't u afraid u will run rich again?
The air fuel is tuned too rich at this point, it isn't completely dialed in as I told my tuner to throw more fuel at it just to be safe. At WOT at 6000 rpms my AFR is 10.4. Once i do the pulley swap, he is going to have me datalog everything and then send me a new tune (if necessary) and with the new tune the AFR will more around 11.0-11.2. The pulley swap may lean it out enough to where a new tune isnt necessary but we wont know untill I do it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT