Help....before i lose my mind please!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #1

Region: Arkansas
Help....before i lose my mind please!!

I purchased a 2000 mustang in November 2011.....replaced spark plugs...yada yada....spark plug flew out of my head so I needed to add a heli plug....some more crap happened so I fixed that....bought brand new tires....four hours after I bought them one blew because the tire people left a tool in the tire....their company shut down so i was out 152$$.....two weeks later clutch went out....I got screwed on the help I had replacing it....so I took it to a shop that ended up charging me 1700.00$$.....a week later I drive around a turn and my oil gauge dropped all the way....(way before it was time for another change).....i pull over add more oil...(it was not bone dry but low).....around 2000 Tom's I hear a ticking/knocking......I am ready to take a bat to this car.....however I paid 5000.00$$ because it was clean and under 100,000 miles...the previous owner had a list of most of what he had done to the car!!! What could possibly be causing this noise....I'm out of money and as a single mother I can't keep doing this or afford a major fix. V8..five speed....4.6....please any advice??
sarhwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: Help....before i lose my mind please!!

That's a terrible string of events. Where are you located?

And that ticking/knocking might be the helicoil you added. They have a 10-15% chance of failing again.

Have you checked the oil since you put more in? What was previously done to the car?

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #3

sorry I left out a little piece....yes I went and had the oil changed because I wanted to know if there were any bearings in the oil pan.......I'm in central Arkansas.....I have thought about wrist pin and the lifters but this is the first ford I have owned and i don't understand hydrolic lifters or anything to do with American cars....I don't know who to trust to take a look. So i wanted to try and narrow down possible issues. it has aftermarkey exhaust and header....intake and short shifter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Does it have a tune for those mods? Intake and headers could be leaning the AF mix out and can cause knocking and serious problems over time.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #5

way over my head

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

oh and underdrive pulley....and I think a mafterburner computer...I think....that's also what was added
Old 04-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Basically running lean means there's too much air and not enough fuel in the Air/Fuel mixture. With aftermarket intakes/ full exhausts it changes the required mix because most aftermarket intakes intake more air but the computer doesn't really recognize it so it doesn't change things enough. Running with too lean can cause premature wear on cylinders, pistons, rods, etc... and can cause knocking/ticking.

Not saying that's your problem.. But it could be.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone else have any ideas or anything to say? My information may be off or something.. Feel free to chime in guys.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington

I just don't understand the whole tire situation. THEY left the tool in the tire so THEY should fix it. simple as that. no ifs ands or buts. I would go back there and Demand they replace it and if they don't, tell them you will Never go there or tell anyone to go there again. thats So stupid that they won't replace something that They screwed up

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

The ticking/knocking could simply be your oil issue. i had that too and i think i still do. it only started when i was Really low on oil. i would check Everything under the car to see if you can see a leak or Anything because it should just Jump like that unless something came off and dumped it all right away... hope it helps
Old 04-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Madness
I just don't understand the whole tire situation. THEY left the tool in the tire so THEY should fix it. simple as that. no ifs ands or buts. I would go back there and Demand they replace it and if they don't, tell them you will Never go there or tell anyone to go there again. thats So stupid that they won't replace something that They screwed up

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

The ticking/knocking could simply be your oil issue. i had that too and i think i still do. it only started when i was Really low on oil. i would check Everything under the car to see if you can see a leak or Anything because it should just Jump like that unless something came off and dumped it all right away... hope it helps
They SHOULD fix it, but unfortunately she said they went out of business. At least thats how i took it. (which in itself is entirely ridiculous people shouldn't have to be out money like that.) But that is very unfortunate to hear you've been having so many problems. I'm no mechanic, i have my dad help me with all my mechanical needs, but i will tell you this, i had quite a few problems with my mustang when i first got it, had a terrible miss on it, and sputtered like no other, had a rough time repairing alot of the things the previous owner has left me. But when all is said and done, i stuck with it and now my car is ultra reliable. Moral of the story is, dont get too frustrated with it, because truly they are awesome cars when they're running right, you may just need to tinker with it a bit.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I don't understand how a company can go out of business in 4 hours...

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT View Post
I don't understand how a company can go out of business in 4 hours...
Exactly..And if they went out of business, Its the person who sold it to you who needs to take care of it. It was Their fault they left a tool in it. not the company who manufactures it or Whoever else!
Old 04-09-2012, 01:41 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
... Sounds like a ****ty series of events... When your oils gauge drops rusts pressure not level... My guess is the oil pump. And if you have ticking or knocking you may be out an engine.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
You know what I think you can file a law suit if they left a tool in your tire that's some dangerous stuff you and your kids could have been hurt. I do tires at my work idk what tool they left in your tire or how they left it in there cuz they have to balance it and unless your deaf you would hear it what a dumba$$ no wonder that business went under. My mustang ticks too and it burns oil but I can never find a drip and it does not smoke at all and she has been totally reliable I hope that might Help out a little with your worries. If you find anything else out keep us posted!
Vegas97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #14

the tire blew after hours and it looked like some type of pliers...the handles were inside of the tire and the sharp part of the tool shoved through and broke off.....y'all guess is as good as mine however I know the entire tool was not shoved in from the outside in because after I examined it it did not look possible.....anyway I went up there bright & early the next morning to find that no one was there during hours....I sat in their parking lot for two hours...I called...looked up the owner and called....left messages just asking someone to call me....never accused cause I wanted to be face to face when I ask if they know how that happened. They were open forever and i have no idea how they shut down basically over the weekend but it happened. Thank you guys so much on the help.....I am going to try and find someone to take a look and give me their opinion....I just really don't want to waste money on their ridiculous ways....me being a lady and all. Know at least I can let them know of a few things that I feel could be the problem. I will let you guys know how my luck pans out with Eva....that's my cars name. Do y'all name your cars??
Old 04-10-2012, 06:08 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Damn! That's the craziest flat tire story I ever heard! Thank god nobody was hurt!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

the stock oil pressure gauge is basically on/off and generally by the time it goes down its already to late at least thats what ive always heard. Ive heard its on/off at 6psi of oil pressure~
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #17

so....I think I am leaning towards either a wrist pin or a lifter?....if we have hydrolic lifters and the oil runs low does air get in and could this cause the knocking?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
My guess is major engine damage.

Stop running the engine and have it towed to a shop.

If money is an issue try a local high school auto shop or Vocational Technical Education Center.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #19

Region: California
Throw out bearing.....$10 part.......need to pull trans to fix it
Curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #20

I just replaced the throw out bearing and the clutch and everything around that. I never thought about the school idea. That would make me nervous though....has anyone had their cars worked on at a school or something similar and did everything work out well in the long run?

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Also that throw out bearing was a pain....this after market header that the previous owner put on my car made it very hard to work with....it ended up costing me stupid amounts of money.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarhwalk
I just replaced the throw out bearing and the clutch and everything around that. I never thought about the school idea. That would make me nervous though....has anyone had their cars worked on at a school or something similar and did everything work out well in the long run?

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Also that throw out bearing was a pain....this after market header that the previous owner put on my car made it very hard to work with....it ended up costing me stupid amounts of money.
Well figure this...98% of people in the school classes are mechanically inclined already and are just going to school to get that piece of paper...and like any paper/quiz/test they have a ASE certified teacher there watching and helping...

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
+1^

They will probably take better care of your car than a paid mechanic that isn't great at his profession, which most people are not great at what they do for a living.

A tech center or hs probably will have a lot of pride in their work.

And they're not "gonna sell you something u don't need"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT