New mods coming soon - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
SwatKatz901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 215
New mods coming soon

I say by June 15th im gonna try and add a Steeda CAI, Steeda Pulleys, 3.73 gears and a tune.... Long tubes may or may not fit in my budget.. What do you guys think of that? Added to a nearly stock 98 gt
SwatKatz901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
SwatKatz901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwatKatz901
I say by June 15th im gonna try and add a Steeda CAI, Steeda Pulleys, 3.73 gears and a tune.... Long tubes may or may not fit in my budget.. What do you guys think of that? Added to a nearly stock 98 gt
As for cosmetics 18 inch staggered Konig Black Laces

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3065558631.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	46686

And maybe fog light
SwatKatz901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwatKatz901
I say by June 15th im gonna try and add a Steeda CAI, Steeda Pulleys, 3.73 gears and a tune.... Long tubes may or may not fit in my budget.. What do you guys think of that? Added to a nearly stock 98 gt
Sounds good...I would say hold off on the LT for now and get the pi swap if you don't have it already. As well as a new tb/plenum
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT

Sounds good...I would say hold off on the LT for now and get the pi swap if you don't have it already. As well as a new tb/plenum
+11
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyNelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,204
Re: New mods coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT View Post
Sounds good...I would say hold off on the LT for now and get the pi swap if you don't have it already. As well as a new tb/plenum
+1000 first performance mod to any NPI motor should be a PI swap
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
SwatKatz901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 215
How much do PI swaps usually cost? And what is exactly?

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Wait is PI ported internals or something?
SwatKatz901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwatKatz901
How much do PI swaps usually cost? And what is exactly?

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Wait is PI ported internals or something?
It's the heads and intake manifold from a 99-04 4.6 the P.i stands for performance improvement
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
SwatKatz901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360

It's the heads and intake manifold from a 99-04 4.6 the P.i stands for performance improvement
So all I do is find 99-04 heads and intake manifold? They would fit my engine with no problems?
SwatKatz901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwatKatz901

So all I do is find 99-04 heads and intake manifold? They would fit my engine with no problems?
Yes ! The swap is cheap also you can get the intake and heads at A.M.
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
SwatKatz901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360

Yes ! The swap is cheap also you can get the intake and heads at A.M.


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4042197726.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	46824



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3026050201.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	46825

Which Intake manifold should I go with?

And when you say heads.. Are you talking about cylinder heads? If so I wanted to go with the twisted trick n flow 44cc if I'm not mistaking
SwatKatz901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwatKatz901

Which Intake manifold should I go with?

And when you say heads.. Are you talking about cylinder heads? If so I wanted to go with the twisted trick n flow 44cc if I'm not mistaking
If you are gonna go with the trick flow cylinder heads u will need the top end kit also and if you go that route I would get the trick flow track heat manifold plus all the other components to go along with it
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
SwatKatz901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 215
Alright well I'm gonna have to adjust my super huge list that I had made
SwatKatz901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwatKatz901
Alright well I'm gonna have to adjust my super huge list that I had made
When building you're car try to pick a specific area to start with IMO I would start with the suspension , what good is building a engine if you can't hook and go! Lol !
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
SwatKatz901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360

When building you're car try to pick a specific area to start with IMO I would start with the suspension , what good is building a engine if you can't hook and go! Lol !
Yea I have a bunch of suspension parts on my list... New struts, shocks, axels,and all that good stuff.. I want the little launch bar as well And there are some other things to
SwatKatz901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:28 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.