Biggest power gain - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
01StangGt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 177
Biggest power gain

Ok so I want to know what would be the best power gain for around 250 or less. Mods now are bbk cai, short shifter, lowering springs, and hacked off mufflers (the guy that owned it before me did it, not me) that's pretty much all for performance wise. Was thinking like h pipe no cats, ud pulleys, tb combo, possible tuner if I can talk my wife into it ( I know it's more then 250). Any ideas please let me know, comments are appreciated! Thanks guys and gals

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Also I'm not looking to do any gearing not my thing just yet. Also the aluminum drive shaft??? I heard good things and heard bad things.
01StangGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01StangGt
Ok so I want to know what would be the best power gain for around 250 or less. Mods now are bbk cai, short shifter, lowering springs, and hacked off mufflers (the guy that owned it before me did it, not me) that's pretty much all for performance wise. Was thinking like h pipe no cats, ud pulleys, tb combo, possible tuner if I can talk my wife into it ( I know it's more then 250). Any ideas please let me know, comments are appreciated! Thanks guys and gals

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Also I'm not looking to do any gearing not my thing just yet. Also the aluminum drive shaft??? I heard good things and heard bad things.
Driveshaft and pulleys will not give you more hp, just free up a little... I would say a x or h pipe with your current setup. Help that baby breath...then a tb/plen combo and tuner! Gears are wonderful though . get u in that power and faster!
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
01StangGt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 177
I was thinking the h pipe as well, I just want to see what others think and see what kind of setup they have and how they like it, what the should have done different like one mod before the other but I am interested to see what you all think.
01StangGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01StangGt
I was thinking the h pipe as well, I just want to see what others think and see what kind of setup they have and how they like it, what the should have done different like one mod before the other but I am interested to see what you all think.
Well the tb is a nice one, but I'd get her exhaling before you give her more inhalation...like I said, with your current setup I'd do the h (pro chamber is my choice) and then tb/plenum with a tuner in there...

I just found a 78mm bbk tb/plenum combo for 150...that's a steal..I love it!
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gobabygo67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 292
I've heard that your could actually lose power if you have a big tb& plenum like a 78mm if you don't have enough power? So what would be a reasonable size for mine? I have a BBK CAI off road x pipe(Bassani) flow master super 44s
Gobabygo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobabygo67
I've heard that your could actually lose power if you have a big tb& plenum like a 78mm if you don't have enough power? So what would be a reasonable size for mine? I have a BBK CAI off road x pipe(Bassani) flow master super 44s
I'll let ya know...I'll be installing it soon...but even if it doesn't work for now I need it for later. But I've seen quite a few on here with it and not complaining.
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gobabygo67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT

I'll let ya know...I'll be installing it soon...but even if it doesn't work for now I need it for later. But I've seen quite a few on here with it and not complaining.
Yeah I just heard about it being on the the ones that they put cams and LTs on their car
Gobabygo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobabygo67

Yeah I just heard about it being on the the ones that they put cams and LTs on their car
Cams, lt, trick flow top end...it's all coming...someday
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:11 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.