Long tube install questions..... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Long tube install questions.....

Hey whats up.....got a good buddy of mine who has an 04 GT 60-some-odd-k miles and all OE stock. He's very interested in throwing a bolts ons to it, including long tubes, but, he's unsure whether or not he's gonna have to drop the k member.

Both, he and I are looking forward to hearing what you guys have to share to shead some light on this issue.

also, what bolts what you guys recommend to gain the most power for the dollar and what gear what you suggest to go to gain the most accel for the buck?

Thank you guys, I'm eager to hear what you've got.
rinfield2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinfield2004
Hey whats up.....got a good buddy of mine who has an 04 GT 60-some-odd-k miles and all OE stock. He's very interested in throwing a bolts ons to it, including long tubes, but, he's unsure whether or not he's gonna have to drop the k member.

Both, he and I are looking forward to hearing what you guys have to share to shead some light on this issue.

also, what bolts what you guys recommend to gain the most power for the dollar and what gear what you suggest to go to gain the most accel for the buck?

Thank you guys, I'm eager to hear what you've got.
You don't HAVE to drop the k member, but you will be happy you did....4.10 gears will give you the most accel for the $ all gears on AM are about the same $. U really don't wanna go any higher (or lower rather) than 4.10 if you drive it on the street. As for mods...TUNER! Full exhaust and cai, bigger tb/plenum...to get ya started.. Don't forget to do some suspension to get the ponies on the floor.

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:19 AM   #3

Region: Mississippi
Talking Re: Long tube install questions.....

I agree with " 2002VertGT" you dont have to drop the kmember but its a pain if you don't. I have a link I can send you on the easiest way to drop it if you dont have a lift and such. If I were do to it again I would drop, which is what im going to do on my cobra. Also, I agree with the stuff listed by 02 but I would also add underdrive pulleys by steeda. No, they dont effect your temp of your car or charging cuz I have them on my car now and they are fine. Turner is the best thing you can get but far as gears, 4:10's are great like said by 2002VertGT but if you plan on driving it daily or putting other mods on it later on esp a supercharger, cams or Stall converter for automatics I would say 373. I had to change mind from 4:10's to 3:73's cuz I was running out of RPMs and such before I hit the end of the 1/4 mile. I also have stage 2 cams too so has alot to do with it too....hope this helps, over look the brand but this is one of many ways you can install long tubes,
http://www.americanmuscle.com/bbk-lo...4-install.html
southernstang98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT