Loud clanking noise - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-15-2012, 03:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Nevada
Loud clanking noise

So I started a thread about this already I few days ago I got on the freeway and my gt started making a loud clanking noise it sounded like it was coming from the tranny and I know when I changed my clutch we didn't change the pilot bearing so I figured it was that so today we dropped the tranny swapped the TO and pilot bearings and topped off the tranny fluid. Started it up it's still making the noise now it sounds like its coming from the intake manifold or the top end. Does an injector make a noise if it goes out or a spark plug? My check engine light isn't on my car runs fine shifts and goes into gear fine the noise almost stops at idle and speeds up as the car does but it is not consistent. I'm lost if any one has ran into a problem like this or has any info please let me know! Thanks for reading

Vegas97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:22 AM   #2
Registered Member
It's really hard to tell without actually being able to hear it in person. I'd suggest pulling the valve covers and checking it all out. Making sure its all there and nothing looks broke or missing. It also might be a spin bearing which I hope not but always a possibility.
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT