Yay new gt!!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Yay new gt!!!!

Just got my gt now driving her home!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3321073921.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	383.6 KB
ID:	47426
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Just got my gt now driving her home!!
Looks sweet bro! Congrats !
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
dlove03mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 164
Hell yeah man
dlove03mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 184
Re: Yay new gt!!!!

Slickkkkk Brother!
GrabberBlue305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Thanks for all the compliments people. Looking forward to modding her
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Congrats man, looks good!
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sonicblue11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Williamstown
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 542
She looks good man! Looks clean too!!
Sonicblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
MiGT01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Michigan
Posts: 406
Re: Yay new gt!!!!

Congrats!!! 01?
__________________
01 Black Beauty GT
Eibach pro kit,Tokico shocks/struts,BBK CAI,75mm TB/ Plenum,4.10 FRPP gears,BBK o/r X pipe,Magnaflow Catback,SCT Tuner running 91 Tune,Bama Tunes for Life Member,RAM HD Clutch,BM shifter with MGW "GT" knob,AM smoked Headlights/Sylvania zXe bulbs,VHT smoked tails/3rd brake,Redtop Optima,Mach 1 grille delete,Mach 1 chin spoiler,BULLITT Pedals,20% tint all round,4.6 High Performance Badges
MiGT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #9
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Yay new gt!!!!

Well you got the right color,congrats!!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quick question I'm going to order new smoked headlights n hids for them and the fogs. Which ones are the ones tht have the high beams? I ordered some last time but they only came with lows
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Yay new gt!!!!

Very nice! You can have any color as long as it's black

Did you sell your v6?
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
Very nice! You can have any color as long as it's black

Did you sell your v6?
Haha. Yea I did I got 4500 for it and bought this one for 4000!
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Las0mbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Haha. Yea I did I got 4500 for it and bought this one for 4000!
Nice, miles? Manual or auto?
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Nice! Loving the v8?
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
It's has just 101k miles and it's manual. Came with bbk cai motorsports cc plates recaro racing seats n thts it. Hell yea loving the sound of it and how it picks up quick well quicker than my v6
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
MiGT01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Michigan
Posts: 406
Re: Yay new gt!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
It's has just 101k miles and it's manual. Came with bbk cai motorsports cc plates recaro racing seats n thts it. Hell yea loving the sound of it and how it picks up quick well quicker than my v6
Throw some gears in that Black Beauty and a Tune, you'll see some amazing ish! LoL
__________________
01 Black Beauty GT
Eibach pro kit,Tokico shocks/struts,BBK CAI,75mm TB/ Plenum,4.10 FRPP gears,BBK o/r X pipe,Magnaflow Catback,SCT Tuner running 91 Tune,Bama Tunes for Life Member,RAM HD Clutch,BM shifter with MGW "GT" knob,AM smoked Headlights/Sylvania zXe bulbs,VHT smoked tails/3rd brake,Redtop Optima,Mach 1 grille delete,Mach 1 chin spoiler,BULLITT Pedals,20% tint all round,4.6 High Performance Badges
MiGT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Yay new gt!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Haha. Yea I did I got 4500 for it and bought this one for 4000!
Nice...that's a sweet deal!

I'd say get lowering springs (couldn't tell in the pic, looked like it might be), tint, and a chin spoiler and call her done exterior wise...real sleek, sexy black stang
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
fresh2death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,676
Congrats man! Looks good!
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:11 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03

Nice...that's a sweet deal!

I'd say get lowering springs (couldn't tell in the pic, looked like it might be), tint, and a chin spoiler and call her done exterior wise...real sleek, sexy black stang
Yea the imperfections on her are these. Headlights are like dull, one of the fogs are out, need new exhaust tips, tint is wack, n antenna is wack lol. Right now I'm ordering headlights with hids n fogs hid's, shorty antenna, tinted tailights, white license plate lights, n gonna get her tinted Friday

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death
Congrats man! Looks good!
Thanks looking forward to knw getting help from the gt section
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Quick question I'm going to order new smoked headlights n hids for them and the fogs. Which ones are the ones tht have the high beams? I ordered some last time but they only came with lows
Bi-xenon beams.. You need a dual-filament HID bulb to get hi and lo. Do research before you buy. Mine only have lo. And welcome to the world of GT! If you have any questions I'll do my best to help you out!

Enjoy the v8!!
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson

Bi-xenon beams.. You need a dual-filament HID bulb to get hi and lo. Do research before you buy. Mine only have lo. And welcome to the world of GT! If you have any questions I'll do my best to help you out!

Enjoy the v8!!
Thanks yea I'm on eBay right now looking for high n low beams. Will do thanks for the support
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #22
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
You had a nice V6. Looking forward to seeing what else you do the GT. Bi-Xenon, 4300K, slim Ballast, 55watt HID's is what I used to have they had a mechanical high beam. They worked great but the high beam didn't increase intensity it just pivots upward. I lost interest in HID's and went back to halogen bulbs.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
You had a nice V6. Looking forward to seeing what else you do the GT. Bi-Xenon, 4300K, slim Ballast, 55watt HID's is what I used to have they had a mechanical high beam. They worked great but the high beam didn't increase intensity it just pivots upward. I lost interest in HID's and went back to halogen bulbs.
Thanks yea I loved tht 6 but I new tht putting money into it to make it faster was going to be a money pit. I love this gt roars and runs strong. Hmm are halogen bulbs better? I didn't have problems with my hid's except they didn't shoot high beams
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Thanks yea I loved tht 6 but I new tht putting money into it to make it faster was going to be a money pit. I love this gt roars and runs strong. Hmm are halogen bulbs better? I didn't have problems with my hid's except they didn't shoot high beams
HIDs vs Halogens is all a matter of taste. HIDs allow for a color choice and lumen intensity change. Halogens are all relatively the same brightness and give similar hues and are extremely simple to use and buy.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #25
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Halogens are the factory style bulbs. HID's are great but they need to be in a capsuled housing or else they blind the F*** outa on coming traffic. I got sick of people flashing me. I'd flash back and they'd get butt hurt. So I put my factory bulbs back in.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
Halogens are the factory style bulbs. HID's are great but they need to be in a capsuled housing or else they blind the F*** outa on coming traffic. I got sick of people flashing me. I'd flash back and they'd get butt hurt. So I put my factory bulbs back in.
So their cheaper and easier to install? What k or watts do u reccomend. I don't want yellow but don't want bright blue just in the middle. Oh and I want them for the fogs and headlights tht will be able to use highs n lows
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

So their cheaper and easier to install? What k or watts do u reccomend. I don't want yellow but don't want bright blue just in the middle. Oh and I want them for the fogs and headlights tht will be able to use highs n lows
Halogens are regular color, like white-ish-amber. And they just plug in. Lol.

This graph helped me in picking my HID wattage:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-231424525.jpg
Views:	10783
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	47443  
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:07 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson

Halogens are regular color, like white-ish-amber. And they just plug in. Lol.

This graph helped me in picking my HID wattage:
Haha yea I had 5k on my other stang
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #29
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson

Halogens are regular color, like white-ish-amber. And they just plug in. Lol.

This graph helped me in picking my HID wattage:
Lol. I posted that guide too a while back.

Op, if you stick with HID's, get 4300k's they have no color and are pure white. I have them on my F150 headlights and fogs.
If you wanna go with factory bulbs, check out SilverStar (I think that's what their called) I think their by Osram Sylvania.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:16 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

Lol. I posted that guide too a while back.

Op, if you stick with HID's, get 4300k's they have no color and are pure white. I have them on my F150 headlights and fogs.
If you wanna go with factory bulbs, check out SilverStar (I think that's what their called) I think their by Osram Sylvania.
I don't want factory lol. Hmm gonna look for hids then with highs
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:51 AM   #31
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Check these out. This is the guy I bought mine from. Kinda pricy but he stands by his warranty. I had gotten water damage on one of my fog light ballast. He replaced it, no questions asked. Btw, if you get some be sure to wrap all your connections with electric tape. Lol
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=280712374853
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
Check these out. This is the guy I bought mine from. Kinda pricy but he stands by his warranty. I had gotten water damage on one of my fog light ballast. He replaced it, no questions asked. Btw, if you get some be sure to wrap all your connections with electric tape. Lol
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=280712374853
Dam thts expensive just for headlights lol. I'll keep looking I just spend 200 bucks on some stuff so can't spend tht much on hids
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:06 AM   #33
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Their are cheaper sets. I do believe I saw some for around $80. I'll see if I can find them.

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

Here ya go. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=170797984792
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:17 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
Their are cheaper sets. I do believe I saw some for around $80. I'll see if I can find them.

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

Here ya go. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=170797984792
Sweet how do you find em so fast. Would u find me some for my fogs too?
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:48 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Timm04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 540
Hey that's Awesome I'm kinda looking at doing the same sell the 6 and get an 8 I think you inspired me to start looking
Timm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:41 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.