I need door help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I need door help

Need a new door for my 2003 mustang gt. I have all the trim but my door shell itself is tearing apart literally. If anyone can help I would be very thank full. And if the door is just new to me that's cool too. Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-145422576.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	545.5 KB
ID:	47963  
tim_mcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I cant tell from the pic it just looks like your paint is peeling but if it looks like your door literally your car could have had a door skin put on it, poorly a way to check is with all your door trim panel off and your window up look at the inside of your door and if it is a satin black called e coat then you probably have had a door skin done if not it will be like a green is color and your factory paint sprayed in parts on the inside. But it can fixed if you know a body guy( welding the hole or tear, grinding the weld, putting filler over the repair area, primer and paint just the jamb though which is nice) I don't think it needs to be replaced it most likely can be fixed if you can put some closer up pics then I can let you know but I really think it could be fixed.
Vegas97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

No it's all original. Some one hit the door three years ago when I bought it and its been tearing the door shell ever Sense. It's just know getting to the point my window on the outside won't seal. The pics of me trying to bang it all back into place and apoxy it back together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

It should be welded that's the best way and painted and stuff I'd help if it was closer I work at a body shop I think I can see where you are talking about but you can only see so much from the screen of a phone lol and don't bang on it too much you don't wanna cause more damage you'd have to pay for later
Old 04-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I was just trying to push the dent out of the door that's pulling on the door cover and putting the shell back into shape. Where's the shop at I'm in simi valley California. I think this thing says I'm somewhere else. Lol
Old 04-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Re: I need door help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas97gt View Post
It should be welded that's the best way and painted and stuff I'd help if it was closer I work at a body shop I think I can see where you are talking about but you can only see so much from the screen of a phone lol and don't bang on it too much you don't wanna cause more damage you'd have to pay for later
its amazing what you can do with a formed sheet of metal, a mig welder/ tig welder (preffered tig), and a side grinder with a 40, 60 or 80 grit flapper disc!

I know man, im a union sheet metal worker
6stringz803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
What about my door fixable??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-919997142.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	579.7 KB
ID:	48111  
Jord05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Is it separated the skin from the shell? It's still fixable really the only thing that would make it indictable is if the skin completely falls off then just buy a new skin, if it has a huge hole ion it or if the intrusion beam gets damaged that makes it unsafe to be repaired

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT