Best "budget" supercharger kit?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Best "budget" supercharger kit??

I have an 02 gt I've never messed with superchargers and I would like to know what yall think the best supercharger kit is for somebody on a budget.
02gtsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Re: Best "budget" supercharger kit??

I've looked a little and all i can find is at least 2K
StackeStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Well depends on what kind of budget ur working with but even then its going to cost u, forced induction is not cheap from what I've seen. I mysellf am interested in this I got a stock 04, the best option from what iv seen is just going with a vortech kit cuz it comes with everything u need even the tune so u would really have to mess with any of that but like I said I havent done this, its only from what I have seen and what I might end up doing in the next year or two. Good luck with ur project though
Ruben3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I have 4 grand to play with so I'll be alright. One more quick question whats the best cat back exhaust?

---------- Post added 04-24-2012 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-23-2012 at 11:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackeStang
I've looked a little and all i can find is at least 2K
Your stang looks alot like mine lol
Old 04-24-2012, 03:43 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Well it all depends on what kind of sound you want out of it, loud or not. I personally have bassani and I love it but some ppl say its too loud, other than that I really like borla, but it all depends on what ur looking for and what you want to spend, you should look at the AM exhaust videos or youtube see what you like.
Ruben3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:13 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben3
Well it all depends on what kind of sound you want out of it, loud or not. I personally have bassani and I love it but some ppl say its too loud, other than that I really like borla, but it all depends on what ur looking for and what you want to spend, you should look at the AM exhaust videos or youtube see what you like.
I have flow master but if you're looking to get some hp out of the exhaust I read bassani is the only exhaust that produces hp with long tubes and a tune I Belive it was a 15 hp gain!
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
No get a stock o3 o4 cobra eaton blower and the adaptor kit cost you less than a grand
01bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01bullitt
No get a stock o3 o4 cobra eaton blower and the adaptor kit cost you less than a grand
Does am have that?
Old 04-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01bullitt View Post
Please dont do this... The stock 03/04 cobra eaton setup is extremely ineffecient and suffers from "heat soak". For the 3000 or so you will spend on this you can get some awesome vortech/procharger kits.
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

I've noticed mot ppl on here go with the vortec tuner kit. My question is does the new kit require tapping the oil pan? Also what is better procharger p1sc or vortec v3? Does the vortec kit have an intercooler like the procharger kits? I would think the lower temps = better numbers?

2002 True Blue V6 to GT Vert
16.1@86 as an auto 3.8
2.15 60', 9.3@77, 14.4@96 as a 5spd SOHC 4.6
runvsofthisbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #11

Region: Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by runvsofthisbull View Post
I've noticed mot ppl on here go with the vortec tuner kit. My question is does the new kit require tapping the oil pan? Also what is better procharger p1sc or vortec v3? Does the vortec kit have an intercooler like the procharger kits? I would think the lower temps = better numbers?
if you go with the v-3 kit then no it doesnt require a oil line to the oil pan. This is the one im going with but its a tuner kit and im looking for more boast since my motor has been built for it.
Vortech 4FL218-128L - Vortech Centrifugal Supercharger Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Far as brand, im going with vortec because that have the v-3 which is self contain like the procharger and at a lower cost. Dont, get me wrong procharger is great but I didnt want to spend that much when I have other ideas for the car. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for thou, I asked the same questions on another forum before I found this one and the answers of what I was looking for was towards vortec, my personal opinion though. I sent you a PM for the link to the forum...
southernstang98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02gtsilver View Post
I have 4 grand to play with so I'll be alright. One more quick question whats the best cat back exhaust?

---------- Post added 04-24-2012 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-23-2012 at 11:59 PM ----------

Your stang looks alot like mine lol
yeah it does. is yours the 40th anniversary edition? plus now i have FR500s and took the spoiler off
StackeStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02gtsilver
I have an 02 gt I've never messed with superchargers and I would like to know what yall think the best supercharger kit is for somebody on a budget.
Hey bud just wanted to let you know I was wanting to supercharger kit but on a budget... So here is what I did! I looked up "how to build an affordable supercharger kit". Googled it you know, and found this guy posting it on "modded mustang" and it gives anyone who is looking to go that route a good idea of what they should expect,cost,etc... He also has another thread just for people wanting to know more specifics. And guess what he gives all the links for everything to find to build your own kit... Now guess the price he built his kit for, and that's not counting for shipping, $1500.00!!! That's amazing! I'm really looking forward to that now. Screw all my other ideas lol...
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I went with a vortech v2 satin... No after cooler and went with snow performance meth kit. I spent 3400 on vortech... 800 install plus Dyno tune. And 400 ish for meth. But dude all worth it. Here's a pic b4 adding the meth kit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-543213161.jpg
Views:	1285
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	48153  
Aaronv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Is the meth kit hard to do? I've been told alot of mixed reviews. Some people praise it and some people tell me it's a pain to get tuned in and set up right
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT