GT engine harness diagram? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Texas
GT engine harness diagram?

After getting an engine swap I discovered my engine harness was not an original or so I was told by my mechanic, it seems one was taken out from a crown Vic or something and was spliced to "run". The engine I had before my swap was non PI so I'm thinking the engine was a crown Vic as well. Now I have a PI engine from an 01 Gt and was told I needed a new harness so everything functioned properly. On craigslist I was able to find one off an 03 gt for $30 so I quickly jumped on it. I noticed it's missing 5 connector pins they were spliced off. I've been looking online for an engine harness diagram with no luck. Does any body have one? I'd like to know what connectors I'm missing so can try to find em online or at a junkyard. I'm taking my car back in a couple of days because it's been giving me some trouble while driving. My guess is because of the harness but I'll find out soon. I've noticed when I roll my windows down my headlights dim, and sometimes when I'm slowing to a stop my car dies. I'm embarrassed to say that when I'm coming to a stop I have to drop the car to neutral so it won't die then slide it to drive when Im taking off and when doing so it takes a while. Kinda like a person not letting go of the clutch fast enough when taking off on a stick shift car the rpms sometimes hit 4k range. Can all this be because of the harness? Hope someone is able to help with that diagram.

Just glad I have my car back with an actual GT engine on my mustang gt not a non PI crown vic 4.6. No offense to anyone who owns one.
01 GT Vert triple black Bolt Ons
02 GT Bolt Ons performance red- (wrecked)
94 Z28 Bolt Ons blue- (Sold)
02 F150 FX4 silver- (Sold)
98 F150 4x4 white- (Sold)
02 GT mineral gray 1st car stock - (Sold)
mikehailey02gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT