Aurora's heart died. - Page 12 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #386
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Re: Aurora's heart died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Cole was wanting FI, right? Iron block with forged internals. Couldn't you get forged internals for the aluminum block? Plus, I think he said it was a block. That is better than the Mach1 alum block for supercharging, right?

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Ah, I see the list here with some forged parts.

So he should be able to get the job done with this Cobra engine he has now.
Since the teskid block is rated for 1500hp (plus the aluminum block can be re-sleeved) Cast block is not needed. Also why go with the heaten eaton anyway? Most Terminators upgrade to KB's anyway. I myself once money is avalible will be going procharger route. self contained no messing with air to water intercoolers and no tapping the oil pan. Any internals can be put into a block. But its up to him on what he wants. With my block I built it for boost but keep my CR close to stock GT to keep me at a decent NA power. Its all personal choice.
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #387
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vNomad

Since the teskid block is rated for 1500hp (plus the aluminum block can be re-sleeved) Cast block is not needed. Also why go with the heaten eaton anyway? Most Terminators upgrade to KB's anyway. I myself once money is avalible will be going procharger route. self contained no messing with air to water intercoolers and no tapping the oil pan. Any internals can be put into a block. But its up to him on what he wants. With my block I built it for boost but keep my CR close to stock GT to keep me at a decent NA power. Its all personal choice.
Hopefully he can use this Cobra block for what he wants. I think it would be pretty dang sweet.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #388
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I'm thoroughly confused now. We ran the numbers on the heads and it came back as a 2003 Cobra; c series. And that's the numbers of the head itself ran through two different machine shops and two different computers.

Then we looked it up online and cross checked the numbers and descriptions of the block I have and it came back as a 2001 cobra teskid. Forged crank(which it is), and cast rods and pistons. Which makes perfect sense. Because that's what it is and that's what I was told it was.

We have more people running this through and checking it out today.

All I know for sure is that it's an Aluminum block. Eh.. What the heck.

Also we see where the engine was centri s/ced at one point. Thankfully I have my GT's oil pan. Haha

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #389
Registered Member
Regular

List the Numbers

These are C heads

intake ports

Bottom of cylinder

These are B heads

intake ports

Bottom of Cylinder

Mark 6 bolt crank
Old 07-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #390
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone need Ford information just give a shout out.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #391
Registered Member
Regular

Block is RF - F2LE and 6015AG HD

Head is RF F2LE 6C064C6. Also said 2 S73 on it.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #392
Registered Member
Regular

Also one way to tell the difference of cranks is simply this. If the crank has counter weights all the way across then its forged if it doesn't in the center then its a GT crank. All forged cranks come with 8 bolt mounting flanges, All cast cranks are 6 bolt (with the exception of Windsor built 4.6's)
Old 07-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #393
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Also one way to tell the difference of cranks is simply this. If the crank has counter weights all the way across then its forged if it doesn't in the center then its a GT crank. All forged cranks come with 8 bolt mounting flanges, All cast cranks are 6 bolt (with the exception of Windsor built 4.6's)
Are the counter weights extra pieces or different size holes drilled into parts of it?

Old 07-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #394
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
Are the counter weights extra pieces or different size holes drilled into parts of it?
Picture of a forged crank
Old 07-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #395
Registered Member
Regular

The Block Cast Number is Mark
94 -95 casting number. Makes it Teksid
My Casting is RF-F2LE 6015-AG-HC

Head 03 Cobra
RF 2C5E 6C064 DA
99-01 Cobra/Lincoln
RFYR3E6C064AB

B heads
RF-F6ZE-6C064-AD 97-98 Casting Cobra

RF-F2LE-6C064C6 93-98 Casting Mark (to be sure I need to see the springs)
reason is later marks came with beehives like the cobra 93-95 did not.
Your head casting id is the same as mine

If the Crank has F2LEAG then it is a cast piece. If it has F6TECE then it is forged.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:10 AM   #396
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
So what does Cole have? I'm lost lol
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:57 AM   #397
Registered Member
Regular

Turns out the crank is forged then.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:20 AM   #398
Registered Member
Regular

The crank you show in the pick is 6 bolt. All forged are 8 bolt.do you have another crank?
Old 07-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #399
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The crank you show in the pick is 6 bolt. All forged are 8 bolt.do you have another crank?
It looks the exact same as the pic you provided. It is 6 bolt but does have the counter weights all over it.

And there really isn't a way to fit the Eaton s/c on this block? I thought all 4.6s could pretty much swap accessory parts?

Old 07-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #400
Registered Member
Regular

Interesting well from every cobra I've seen and workbook there wernt any 6 bolt forged cranks. Even it the Mach autos had 6 bolt CAST cranks while the manual. Had an 8 bolt forged unit. My crank has counter weights in the middle as well but they are smaller than the ends. I have read that supposedly there were 5k built in 93 that had 6 bolt forged cranks. But there is no physical proof to prove said claim. Either or Cole what you have is good for what you are aiming for. Get me a good picture of the springs and ill let you know.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #401
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vNomad View Post
Interesting well from every cobra I've seen and workbook there wernt any 6 bolt forged cranks. Even it the Mach autos had 6 bolt CAST cranks while the manual. Had an 8 bolt forged unit. My crank has counter weights in the middle as well but they are smaller than the ends. I have read that supposedly there were 5k built in 93 that had 6 bolt forged cranks. But there is no physical proof to prove said claim. Either or Cole what you have is good for what you are aiming for. Get me a good picture of the springs and ill let you know.

It has beehive springs. I'll get a pic when I go back to covington next week.

And like I asked earlier... Can I retrofit the eaton s/c setup to this block? Because I can pick up a complete stock 2003-2004 Eaton s/c system for $400.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #402
Registered Member
Regular

To the block yes. To the heads no. You need the c heads. You can find the earlier versions on the 99-01 cobra, 99-02 continental or you can get 03/04 Mach/Cobra heads. Remeber that you will need the timing cover as well. And not hundred percent but some accessories are different.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #403
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vNomad View Post
To the block yes. To the heads no. You need the c heads. You can find the earlier versions on the 99-01 cobra, 99-02 continental or you can get 03/04 Mach/Cobra heads. Remeber that you will need the timing cover as well. And not hundred percent but some accessories are different.
And then I'll need respective COPs for the C heads, correct? Hmph.. This might get messy.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #404
Registered Member
Regular

the c heads take the same cops as the 97-98 mark, Mach\Cobra

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

I can say 400 hundred is a good price but there is a lot that should come with it. Plus you'll need the throttle cable for that as well. See what all comes with it and let us know.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #405
Registered Member
Regular

New Edge 2v to 4v swap
Old 07-27-2012, 05:33 AM   #406
Registered Member
Regular

I read up on it! It seems I have some work ahead of me. I think I'll just attempt to find some C heads.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #407
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Just something to keep in mind, not sure whether it will ultimately apply to you, but something to keep in mind, ran across this:

"Cooling The Snake
As most Terminator Cobra owners know, the driver-side cylinder head on the 4.6-liter DOHC engine doesn't have the same coolant drain back arrangement as the cylinder head on the righthand side of the engine. On the righthand side, coolant can escape the rear of the head on its way back to the radiator while on the left cylinder head, the coolant must exit at the front of the engine. Therefore the coolant can pool around the rear cylinders on the left side until it's forced by accumulation to exit at the front of the cylinder head. While not a problem on normally aspirated engines, the extra heat created by the supercharger can create problems during hard use, such as overheating the rear of the left cylinder head and back pistons on the lefthand side of the engine. To counteract this condition, Josh installed an LDC Chicago cooling mod sold through D'agostino Racing (Performance Parts - Ford Mustang - Cobra - Dodge Viper - Chevy Corvette - C6 - LS1). The upgrade uses a fitting installed in the rear freeze plug location on the driver-side cylinder head. The coolant can then flow from the rear of the driver-side head where it then merges with the passenger-side coolant flow and routed back to the water pump."

I know you'll be on the throttle whatever you end up with.
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #408
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
I read up on it! It seems I have some work ahead of me. I think I'll just attempt to find some C heads.
Hang in there Cole, nothing worth having comes easy.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #409
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander
I know you'll be on the throttle whatever you end up with.
You know me so well! Thanks for the "heads" up! Hana

Old 07-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #410
Registered Member
Regular

Gen 2 Cooling mod. This has only been an issue with 03/04. This was a mod to help stop the "Tick" that some terminators devloped. Now for those that don't know the 4.6/5.4 does on its own develop the tick. Usually the adjusters tend to fail. Mainly because of pour maintence, ford at one time used small shims to correct this issue. In any case I would go turbo and or Procharger. And not go with the Eaton aka Heaton Eaton.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

2v to 4v for the New Edge
Old 07-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #411
Registered Member
Regular

Whats a good price to pay for a teskid block? Theres one in my area minus the crank for about 350, and i wouldnt mind having a project to build around over a few years
ForsakenProto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #412
Registered Member
Regular

Funny thing about that. It is a going price for that a little low actually. You can actually find a Mark engine for a bit more and have a lot of usable parts for down the road. I know a lot of folks will get them and list the blocks as cobra blocks to get more money. But the Cobra block is the same. So if you don't mind me asking, what's your plans for down the road?
Old 07-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #413
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Funny thing about that. It is a going price for that a little low actually. You can actually find a Mark engine for a bit more and have a lot of usable parts for down the road. I know a lot of folks will get them and list the blocks as cobra blocks to get more money. But the Cobra block is the same. So if you don't mind me asking, what's your plans for down the road?
Well the guy just lists it as a teskid block, then has manley rods for 350 and a cobra crank for the same price. Id love to have a 4v with a kenne bell on it, ans wouldn't mind working on it over a few years.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:33 AM   #414
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenProto View Post
Well the guy just lists it as a teskid block, then has manley rods for 350 and a cobra crank for the same price. Id love to have a 4v with a kenne bell on it, ans wouldn't mind working on it over a few years.
Well if your looking for years out then Get the block, dont worry about the other stuff. Get a rotating assembly down the road. I will never use used rods just my thing. ModMax racing has some good deals for rotating assembles along with 5.0 stroker kits.

Eagle 4.6 2V/3V/4V Street & Strip Stroker Kit to 5.0L
Old 07-29-2012, 01:39 AM   #415
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well if your looking for years out then Get the block, dont worry about the other stuff. Get a rotating assembly down the road. I will never use used rods just my thing. ModMax racing has some good deals for rotating assembles along with 5.0 stroker kits.

Eagle 4.6 2V/3V/4V Street & Strip Stroker Kit to 5.0L
So its a good price? Looks fairly clean, and the rods are new. Thanks for your help! Ive been following this thread so ive read alot of your posts
Old 08-01-2012, 10:49 PM   #416
Registered Member
Regular

Funds have been low and I've been pretty consumed with my Navy SEALS workouts coupled with all my USCG running around I've been doing... I hope to get this build back on track soon. Tomorrow will be spent washing the car(Got everything completely back together and all weatherstripping back in place), then I'll take some pics in the sun! But I'll have to put that aside perhaps because I already found very minimal imperfections in the paint that we're going to have to sand down/fill in then re-buff it all. Gonna be a long day. Haha

Old 08-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #417
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson
Funds have been low and I've been pretty consumed with my Navy SEALS workouts coupled with all my USCG running around I've been doing... I hope to get this build back on track soon. Tomorrow will be spent washing the car(Got everything completely back together and all weatherstripping back in place), then I'll take some pics in the sun! But I'll have to put that aside perhaps because I already found very minimal imperfections in the paint that we're going to have to sand down/fill in then re-buff it all. Gonna be a long day. Haha
Gonna be well worth it! I wish i had the funds to completely redo her paint :/ however, i should be picking up my mark engine this weekend so your threads been a big help for all that!
Old 08-02-2012, 12:44 AM   #418
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenProto

Gonna be well worth it! I wish i had the funds to completely redo her paint :/ however, i should be picking up my mark engine this weekend so your threads been a big help for all that!
Good luck! It's gonna be a crazy ride. Haha

Old 08-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #419
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson

Good luck! It's gonna be a crazy ride. Haha
The same to you! When i talked to the guy, he said the engine will start and everything, so i hope to have videos of it saturday! Gahhh im like a kid in a candy store
Old 08-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #420
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenProto

The same to you! When i talked to the guy, he said the engine will start and everything, so i hope to have videos of it saturday! Gahhh im like a kid in a candy store
Awesome! I still have to piece the rest of my engine together.. It's gonna be a few months.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT