Aurora's heart died. - Page 13 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #421
Registered Member
Regular
 
ForsakenProto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson

Awesome! I still have to piece the rest of my engine together.. It's gonna be a few months.
What're you missing to complete it?
ForsakenProto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-02-2012, 02:26 AM   #422
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenProto

What're you missing to complete it?
Rods, C heads, all the gaskets, head bolts, pistons, intake, throttle body, fuel injectors, misc wiring, a new clutch.. A couple other little things.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #423
Registered Member
Regular
 
Constantine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 129
Re: Aurora's heart died.

This is so awesome..I've been following. Inspiration much?
Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #424
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine
This is so awesome..I've been following. Inspiration much?
It's definitely gonna be worth the trouble. Especially when people ask about my Fobra cross-breed. Haha
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #425
Registered Member
Regular
 
ForsakenProto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson

It's definitely gonna be worth the trouble. Especially when people ask about my Fobra cross-breed. Haha
Just don't go throwing cobra badges on it lol
ForsakenProto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #426
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenProto

Just don't go throwing cobra badges on it lol
+10
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #427
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Finished washing. It's cloudy so you can't see the pearl pop but it's coming together! Can't wait to get an engine in place so it'll drop the front down to where it was. Ad I might throw some V6 badges on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4266045160.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	495.4 KB
ID:	61942   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3548944002.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	599.4 KB
ID:	61943  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1033320274.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	516.1 KB
ID:	61944   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3472285576.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	502.0 KB
ID:	61945  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-795993333.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	482.9 KB
ID:	61946   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1694289160.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	502.8 KB
ID:	61947  

__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #428
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson
Finished washing. It's cloudy so you can't see the pearl pop but it's coming together! Can't wait to get an engine in place so it'll drop the front down to where it was. Ad I might throw some V6 badges on it.
Looks beautiful man! I hope you can get moving on the engine soon.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #429
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Looks beautiful man! I hope you can get moving on the engine soon.
It's gonna be at least 6 months until the engine can even get close to going. Leaving for the military soon. :/
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #430
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson

It's gonna be at least 6 months until the engine can even get close to going. Leaving for the military soon. :/
That's cool, she can wait. Good luck and hopefully you can stay in touch with your friends on ME.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #431
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
Looks bad ***. The car

You're suppose to conceal your identity show off. Lol or that pic you're sending to all your girls...

I see you have the same hood as me. Think about putting a 95 r hood on?
__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #432
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander
Looks bad ***. The car

You're suppose to conceal your identity show off. Lol or that pic you're sending to all your girls...

I see you have the same hood as me. Think about putting a 95 r hood on?
I was trying to show how awesome the reflection in the paint is. Haha. And it's nice to see my SEALS and personal workouts benefitting me. :p

As for a hood I eventually want to go with a 3" vented cowl hood. I just have to find it and buy it. Lol
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #433
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
Have your girlfriend show off the reflection...or just a friend that is a girl..lol...SEAL esque of course...seriously bro...you should do Mt. Madori....

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

On. Side note it looks straight up black in the pics...cool.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

New official folor...Blackchrome...

Dude you have to get the black and maroon cobra seats.
__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #434
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander
Have your girlfriend show off the reflection...or just a friend that is a girl..lol...SEAL esque of course...seriously bro...you should do Mt. Madori....

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

On. Side note it looks straight up black in the pics...cool.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

New official folor...Blackchrome...
It looks straight up black until white light hits it. I'll take pics in the sun tomorrow. these pics aren't great shots because the color pops way better than this in the sun but here it is. The car is dirty in the pics but you can still see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1565194348.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	470.7 KB
ID:	61965   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2773921958.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	535.6 KB
ID:	61966  

__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #435
Registered Member
Regular
 
ForsakenProto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson

It looks straight up black until white light hits it. I'll take pics in the sun tomorrow. these pics aren't great shots because the color pops way better than this in the sun but here it is.
Thats beautiful TT_TT
ForsakenProto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #436
Registered Member
Regular
 
ForsakenProto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,143
Nomad, as far as exhaust is concerned for the mark swap, will any 99-01 exhaust work?
ForsakenProto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:53 AM   #437
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Re: Aurora's heart died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenProto View Post
Nomad, as far as exhaust is concerned for the mark swap, will any 99-01 exhaust work?
Nomad told me that if you take your car to any decent exhaust shop they will be able to fab up pipes to make your current exhaust work no problem.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #438
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsakenProto
Nomad, as far as exhaust is concerned for the mark swap, will any 99-01 exhaust work?
Is the only difference between the 99-01 cobra and the gt exhaust the piping location due to the IRS?? Or is everything reworked?
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:36 AM   #439
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Re: Aurora's heart died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict View Post
Is the only difference between the 99-01 cobra and the gt exhaust the piping location due to the IRS?? Or is everything reworked?
That would be one of the only problems if you're looking at it from mid-pipe back. However I think our problem is headers to mid-pipe since the headers come out at a slightly different location with the teksid block/cobra setup than our GT setup. This is the point where a good exhaust shop can fab up a pipe just to connect the headers to the midpipe we already use. I'll talk to my exhaust shop whenever I get my engine in and let ya'll know... just be ready to wait for a few months for that to happen. Haha.

I'm sure Nomad will log on shortly and let us know the finer details of the matter.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:30 AM   #440
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Fun comparison pic. Haha.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1486908944.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	630.9 KB
ID:	62126  
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #441
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Re: Aurora's heart died.

Just rolled the car out because we're about to paint and finish the spoiler to put back on and finally got good sunshine! This paint is sick. I'm so excited! None of these are edited at all. Just shot by my iPhone 4. I'm a bit upset that the camera doesn't pick up the pearl at all, really.. And we still have to do a final buff and polish!! I'm really happy with how the fog light bezels and the little rear bumper lip turned out, btw! We decided to paint them body-color and they look like they should've always been like that.

Edit: Got the pics uploaded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4572.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	62178   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4570.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	62179  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4569.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	62180   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4566.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	62181  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4563.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	62182   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4558.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	62183  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4553.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	62184   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4555.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	62185  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4552.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	62186   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4554.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	62187  

__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #442
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Re: Aurora's heart died.

Went out with a paint marker and marked all the problem areas.. Little imperfections. Not terrible. But far from perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4585.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	62198   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4586.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	62199  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4587.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	62200   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4588.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	62201  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4589.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	62202  
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #443
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Looks really good bro! Hard to believe you have that many imperfections.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:40 AM   #444
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
Looks really good bro! Hard to believe you have that many imperfections.
They're all extremely minor. You have to know what to look for to even see them. Haha
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #445
Registered Member
Regular
 
32vNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 655
Re: Aurora's heart died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict View Post
Is the only difference between the 99-01 cobra and the gt exhaust the piping location due to the IRS?? Or is everything reworked?
Well What I did was use Bassani Mid Header. And we bolted a bassani X pipe for a gt to it (it was a 5 piece). We had to cut an inch off the middle pipes so that the x section would be in the proper place. Now what I would do is buy an x pipe or h pipe for a Mach 1 since the mach 1 is a GT with a performance package. I believe the stock manifolds have the same funky flange on it as the GT. if that is the case then the gt exhaust will bolt up. Not not sure what the difference is but there is one between autos and manuals. I have stock 03 cobra manifolds I'll check them out and let you guys know.


UPDATE: Looks like indeed the stock 03/04 (at least) has the same mid pipe mounting as the GT. driverside has a ball flange while the passenger side has a rounded square flange. So it would seem that you could fit a GT/Mach exhaust with no problems. But like I suggested I source parts from a Mach.



32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #446
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Re: Aurora's heart died.

I have a guy that has C heads off his Cobra that he will give me for $600. Combustion chamber 7 just needs a little work and I'm gonna rebuild them anyway. Sound good?
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #447
Registered Member
Regular
 
32vNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 655
Re: Aurora's heart died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
I have a guy that has C heads off his Cobra that he will give me for $600. Combustion chamber 7 just needs a little work and I'm gonna rebuild them anyway. Sound good?
Short answer no. Maybe 400 since you have to fix a plug hole.

Check this place out there head prices are good, you can get a set of heads for 95 each without cams 115 with. Its not far from Baton Rouge. Its a self service place. look for 00-02 continental DOHC they have C heads

LKQ Budget Auto Parts
4007 I-10 Frontage Rd
Port Allen, LA 70767

32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #448
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Re: Aurora's heart died.

Sounds good, Nomad! I'm gonna take it slow with the parts search; I'm in no rush. I really appreciate all your input.

And also; paint is such a weird thing. We finished the last piece, my spoiler, and then sanded it down(first pic) and simply buffed it(second pic). It's amazing the transformations paint goes through. Also included another pic I took of my car today. I love it's new look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4591.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	62418   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4592.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	62419  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4593.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	62420  
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #449
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson
Sounds good, Nomad! I'm gonna take it slow with the parts search; I'm in no rush. I really appreciate all your input.

And also; paint is such a weird thing. We finished the last piece, my spoiler, and then sanded it down(first pic) and simply buffed it(second pic). It's amazing the transformations paint goes through. Also included another pic I took of my car today. I love it's new look.
Man, that is amazing? Glad you got some time to work on her.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #450
Registered Member
Regular
 
ForsakenProto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,143
Are you still looking for mark 8 heads? Guy near me is selling some, but theyre in NC. He said just make an offer
ForsakenProto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #451
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Re: Aurora's heart died.

I need C heads. I already have B heads. I need 03/04 C heads.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #452
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
You probably already know this...

03/04 Cobra Head Information (Which do I have?)
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:50 AM   #453
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Well.. While we finish the rest of the paint job I went to work at removing that stupid anodized paint stuff the previous owner carelessly put on. It looked terrible so I had previously plasti-dipped it.. And after many many months of wear and tear the dip is finally coming off(it held up remarkebly well, by the way).

First about the paintjob:
We started getting into it and sanding the little imperfections and we got a bit carried away.. And even went as far as tiny pieces of orange peel we found under the good texture we sanded. Needless to say we spent about 7 hours today sanding on a paintjob worth about $8k-$9k in the pursuit of transforming it in to a $12k+ job! We finished the whole rear and the quarters today; gonna do the rest tomorrow.

The rims:
First I peeled the plasti dip off which was easy enough. All came up as planned in one piece. Then came the hard part; actually figuring out how to get whatever it was the previous owner put on the chrome off. It was hell and we tried everything but finally had to rely on the good 'ole fashion way. A freakin' razorblade and hours of scraping all the curves of the rims... I'm still working on it but just taking a break as I type.

I'll post pics soon!
Pics are up! First two before. Middle three during. Last three are pretty much finished! Just a little left to finish them up completely and then a good washing.

This is a pain in the ***. Got three wheels finished finally after a long time of straight work. One left!

And they look way better in person than they do in these pics. Haha.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2497737574.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	516.4 KB
ID:	63313   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3154303998.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	495.6 KB
ID:	63314  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1341956250.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	500.2 KB
ID:	63315   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-535384608.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	507.6 KB
ID:	63316  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3985854331.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	473.9 KB
ID:	63317   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4268902916.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	562.4 KB
ID:	63318  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3639848801.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	536.5 KB
ID:	63319   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3417788750.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	576.5 KB
ID:	63320  

__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #454
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson
Well.. While we finish the rest of the paint job I went to work at removing that stupid anodized paint stuff the previous owner carelessly put on. It looked terrible so I had previously plasti-dipped it.. And after many many months of wear and tear the dip is finally coming off(it held up remarkebly well, by the way).

First about the paintjob:
We started getting into it and sanding the little imperfections and we got a bit carried away.. And even went as far as tiny pieces of orange peel we found under the good texture we sanded. Needless to say we spent about 7 hours today sanding on a paintjob worth about $8k-$9k in the pursuit of transforming it in to a $12k+ job! We finished the whole rear and the quarters today; gonna do the rest tomorrow.

The rims:
First I peeled the plasti dip off which was easy enough. All came up as planned in one piece. Then came the hard part; actually figuring out how to get whatever it was the previous owner put on the chrome off. It was hell and we tried everything but finally had to rely on the good 'ole fashion way. A freakin' razorblade and hours of scraping all the curves of the rims... I'm still working on it but just taking a break as I type.

I'll post pics soon!
Pics are up! First two before. Middle three during. Last three are pretty much finished! Just a little left to finish them up completely and then a good washing.

This is a pain in the ***. Got three wheels finished finally after a long time of straight work. One left!

And they look way better in person than they do in these pics. Haha.
IMO, I think chrome wheels are the way to go. It will pop your eyeballs out with that paint you have!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #455
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

IMO, I think chrome wheels are the way to go. It will pop your eyeballs out with that paint you have!
I'm really excited! It's looking great so far.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:15 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.