Aurora's heart died. - Page 21 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #701
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I just almost got so excited! But it sounds healthy!!!
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #702
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson View Post
I just almost got so excited! But it sounds healthy!!!
Haha. The part you're thinking of isn't happening until maybe next week. Gotta do engine break in for a little bit. Soon though Cody! Soon.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #703
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
Haha. The part you're thinking of isn't happening until maybe next week. Gotta do engine break in for a little bit. Soon though Cody! Soon.
Fair enough. Smart to do it that way! The anticipation is killing me to see this thing completed
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #704
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson View Post
Fair enough. Smart to do it that way! The anticipation is killing me to see this thing completed
Exhaust gets welded in Wednesday. Then just hooking the drivetrain back up and getting it off the jack stands for some easy miles. Then going big! And then dyno.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #705
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I remember when this thread started. Blew up your motor, or something like that right? Man, it's good to see someone on here not just say they're going to build up a motor, but actually follow through with it. that is refreshing, and the amount of work you put into it. that's just amazing. Glad it's all worked out for you bud. Hopefully it turns into an absolute monster. 2V power!
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #706
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
I remember when this thread started. Blew up your motor, or something like that right? Man, it's good to see someone on here not just say they're going to build up a motor, but actually follow through with it. that is refreshing, and the amount of work you put into it. that's just amazing. Glad it's all worked out for you bud. Hopefully it turns into an absolute monster. 2V power!
Yeah man! Once upon a time I blew my motor. And now my shattered car life is getting back on track! It's been a hell of a long road. I sanded off my fingertips more times than I can count during my full custom color swap. Busted more knuckles than I care to admit when dropping the drivetrain and pulling the engine. Spent countless hours sourcing parts and surfing the web looking for parts. Met a ton of people and listened to a lot of advice leading me down a winding road of good and bad ideas. And while all this was going on I joined the Coast Guard and got shipped to Alaska and after all this time.. My car breathes again for the first time on Veterans Day. It's a really cool thing when things start to come together and work out sorta. I have a long long way to go yet but today has been a huge day.

I appreciate all the help everyone on ME has given me and all the support I've got along the way.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #707
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
That thing sounded amazing. I really can't wait until you can drive her around again.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #708
Road Trip!

Haven't gone through the whole thread but quick q. What cams you got?

Sounds good in the video. You inspire me
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #709
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
That thing sounded amazing. I really can't wait until you can drive her around again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
Haven't gone through the whole thread but quick q. What cams you got? Sounds good in the video. You inspire me
Just wait until I get the exhaust on and it'll sound crazy awesome, Soccerluvr4!

And Bee20e, they are the comp cam stage 2s. I think the number is 270s. Thanks for the kind words!

Old 11-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #710
Road Trip!

Did you get your heads ported when u threw the cams in there?
Old 11-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #711
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did you get your heads ported when u threw the cams in there?
Mhm. I don't think it was anything too detailed. Just a basic job.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #712
Road Trip!

Quote:
Mhm. I don't think it was anything too detailed. Just a basic job.
nice! Sorry I'm sure you've been asked like a million times already but there's like 50 pages in thread :-0 lol

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Also did you have any piston to valve clearance problems?
Old 11-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #713
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
nice! Sorry I'm sure you've been asked like a million times already but there's like 50 pages in thread :-0 lol ---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ---------- Also did you have any piston to valve clearance problems?
Haha. It's alright! I recently read through the entire thread again. I was amazed at how much I've actually got done. It's a whole new car honestly.

And I'm happy to report we have zero issues right now. But we still have some miles to put on it and other things to add. Stay tuned.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:39 AM   #714
Road Trip!

Quote:
Haha. It's alright! I recently read through the entire thread again. I was amazed at how much I've actually got done. It's a whole new car honestly. And I'm happy to report we have zero issues right now. But we still have some miles to put on it and other things to add. Stay tuned.
will do
Old 11-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #715
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Wow, just read the whole thing (Took 3 HOURS). I'm 22 and just got a 2003 Mustang GT with basically everything stock as a DD. I love the car but now reading this makes me want to do something but I have to wait til these school loans are done and I have a different vehicle to mess with ha. Keep up the good work!
Thenervemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #716
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenervemann View Post
Wow, just read the whole thing (Took 3 HOURS). I'm 22 and just got a 2003 Mustang GT with basically everything stock as a DD. I love the car but now reading this makes me want to do something but I have to wait til these school loans are done and I have a different vehicle to mess with ha. Keep up the good work!
Well my car was almost completely stock when I bought it right before I turned 21! And by now, when I'm almost 23, it's what it is!! And in paying student loans and living a pretty comfortable life. You can do it man. Anyone can. Just plan it out well and actively work towards your goals but don't get caught up in it. Enjoy your life and the time between milestones in your builds.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #717
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
This is the part I'm excited about too!! And why didn't you go long tubes? Or do you have emissions down in Louisiana?
taylor98gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #718
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor98gt View Post
This is the part I'm excited about too!! And why didn't you go long tubes? Or do you have emissions down in Louisiana?
Well we do have emissions but there are so many shops that'll pass you without checking so that doesn't matter.

I didn't go long tubes because the gains weren't worth the trouble. Not even close to worth it.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #719
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well we do have emissions but there are so many shops that'll pass you without checking so that doesn't matter. I didn't go long tubes because the gains weren't worth the trouble. Not even close to worth it.
Yeah my friend has a 99 gt very with long tubes and a tune and my cars still faster with 355s cold air and off road x. And mines a non pi engine.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

I need a tune bad I have all msd ignition too my car is lean I think lol
Old 11-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #720
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah my friend has a 99 gt very with long tubes and a tune and my cars still faster with 355s cold air and off road x. And mines a non pi engine. ---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ---------- I need a tune bad I have all msd ignition too my car is lean I think lol
Haha. Yeah. Long tubes are overrated for most NA cars. I couldn't handle that terribly low clearance either. And the equal length tuned shorties I have show pretty great results for them just being shorties. Plus I wasn't excited about changing my k member.

And be careful being lean. I was lean for a long time and ran it hard and that's what did my motor in. And I was barely lean.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #721
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha. Yeah. Long tubes are overrated for most NA cars. I couldn't handle that terribly low clearance either. And the equal length tuned shorties I have show pretty great results for them just being shorties. Plus I wasn't excited about changing my k member. And be careful being lean. I was lean for a long time and ran it hard and that's what did my motor in. And I was barely lean.
Yeah I think I got my blow by figured out I think it was mostly that I overfilled my oil cause apparently my local orileys had 6 qt jugs instead if 5 lol Now I just gotta try an fight with exedy to get my clutch replaced
Old 11-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #722
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I think I got my blow by figured out I think it was mostly that I overfilled my oil cause apparently my local orileys had 6 qt jugs instead if 5 lol Now I just gotta try an fight with exedy to get my clutch replaced
That'll do it. Haha.

And dude.. I put in a Ram Dual Disk stage 3. It's unreal.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #723
Registered Member
Regular

Still street able? My exedy just has 7000 miles on it and is about to go out. I'm trying to get American muscle or exedy to do something at least help me out with a new one. Because I had a 75 dollar orileys clutch that lasted well over 40k miles in it am I learned to drive a standard with it and went to the strip quite a few times. I've never been once with this clutch.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:37 AM   #724
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Still street able? My exedy just has 7000 miles on it and is about to go out. I'm trying to get American muscle or exedy to do something at least help me out with a new one. Because I had a 75 dollar orileys clutch that lasted well over 40k miles in it am I learned to drive a standard with it and went to the strip quite a few times. I've never been once with this clutch.
We haven't drove with the clutch yet really. Just worked the clutch pedal and was amazed by how quick and easy it engaged and disengaged.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:02 AM   #725
Registered Member
Regular

Alright! So already making plans for my next mod. I'm looking at a T56 6 speed. I see they are 10 spline so my clutch should be able to be used with a t56 right? Also is an upgrade in trans gonna be necessary? I will be pushing 430-500rwhp soon. Not sure how much torque, somewhere between 400-500rwtq. Also would I need a different driveshaft and bell housing? I'm assuming so.

Also what is the difference between a 2.66 and 2.97 transmission ratio? I think those are the two ratios the t56 is available in.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #726
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Alright! So already making plans for my next mod. I'm looking at a T56 6 speed. I see they are 10 spline so my clutch should be able to be used with a t56 right? Also is an upgrade in trans gonna be necessary? I will be pushing 430-500rwhp soon. Not sure how much torque, somewhere between 400-500rwtq. Also would I need a different driveshaft and bell housing? I'm assuming so.

Also what is the difference between a 2.66 and 2.97 transmission ratio? I think those are the two ratios the t56 is available in.
You used a stock block right? will that be able to hold up to 500 rwhp safely?
Old 11-13-2013, 06:24 AM   #727
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You used a stock block right? will that be able to hold up to 500 rwhp safely?
No. I swapped to a teksid block. It will handle more power than I'll ever make.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:42 AM   #728
Registered Member
Regular

duh "-Machining a Teksid aluminum block and using that instead of my old iron block..." you said that earlier . um it was a used one right? I assume machining means that you had the cylinders resurfaced?
Old 11-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #729
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
duh "-Machining a Teksid aluminum block and using that instead of my old iron block..." you said that earlier . um it was a used one right? I assume machining means that you had the cylinders resurfaced?
Deck line hone. The block was from a car that had around 20k miles then the engine was pulled because the car got hit in the rear. Engine block sat for over a decade and I got it from a friend who owns a shop. Lucky find. Block was in phenomenal shape! Basic work and boom! Basically brand new. And my forged rods and pistons. rawr. This build has me all excited. And it's mine!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1657714437.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	136274   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-314179259.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	284.5 KB
ID:	136275  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1864181135.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	307.4 KB
ID:	136276  

Old 11-13-2013, 07:22 AM   #730
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Deck line hone. The block was from a car that had around 20k miles then the engine was pulled because the car got hit in the rear. Engine block sat for over a decade and I got it from a friend who owns a shop. Lucky find. Block was in phenomenal shape! Basic work and boom! Basically brand new. And my forged rods and pistons. rawr. This build has me all excited. And it's mine!
CRAP your are getting me inspired. Now I'm thinking, just build an engine and get it all ready and drop it into my mustang when i have it built. Gonna be a little while til I have the money (i want to do the gears and some other little things first and waiting for good deals to show up). Im liking everything i see so far on this thread for sure.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #731
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
CRAP your are getting me inspired. Now I'm thinking, just build an engine and get it all ready and drop it into my mustang when i have it built. Gonna be a little while til I have the money (i want to do the gears and some other little things first and waiting for good deals to show up). Im liking everything i see so far on this thread for sure.
Well this build definitely didn't happen over night. Thankfully I already had gears, tuner, exhaust, shifter, sound system, tires, wheels, and suspension done before I started this build.

But stand by. I have bigger things than just this engine happening in a week or so.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #732
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well this build definitely didn't happen over night. Thankfully I already had gears, tuner, exhaust, shifter, sound system, tires, wheels, and suspension done before I started this build.

But stand by. I have bigger things than just this engine happening in a week or so.
Ill just be sitting back and waiting for the updates ha.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #733
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Alright! So already making plans for my next mod. I'm looking at a T56 6 speed. I see they are 10 spline so my clutch should be able to be used with a t56 right? Also is an upgrade in trans gonna be necessary? I will be pushing 430-500rwhp soon. Not sure how much torque, somewhere between 400-500rwtq. Also would I need a different driveshaft and bell housing? I'm assuming so. Also what is the difference between a 2.66 and 2.97 transmission ratio? I think those are the two ratios the t56 is available in.
. Bell housing should fit....new driveshaft required

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Well this build definitely didn't happen over night. Thankfully I already had gears, tuner, exhaust, shifter, sound system, tires, wheels, and suspension done before I started this build. But stand by. I have bigger things than just this engine happening in a week or so.
I KNOW I KNOW!!!!! 😑

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #734
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT View Post
. Bell housing should fit....new driveshaft required ---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ---------- I KNOW I KNOW!!!!! dde11
Don't spoil the surprise!!

Old 11-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #735
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Don't spoil the surprise!!
i should!!!! But I won't....as long as you promise to have your dad hook me up with a paint job!

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT