Aurora's heart died. - Page 28 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:49 PM   #946
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Well the black pivot ball cup is a dead giveaway with the shifter not to mention the way it looks in the shifter area of the trans itself.

No idea about the seal though, some jackass at the parts store might have them mixed up?

Nah. The seals look completely different and we made him pull the pictures of both of the seals up side by side and we pointed at the one that works. And he clicked it and it was for a T45.. The t45 seal had a seal and a boot. The 3650 was just a seal. So we tried the 3650 one and it was too small so we took it back and got the T45 one.. And it fit my trans. My trans has a Tri-ax for the 3650. I'm all kinds of confused.

And it looks like a 3650.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-16-2014, 12:05 AM   #947
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,609
Eh... weird... I say just roll with it if it works.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:06 AM   #948
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Eh... weird... I say just roll with it if it works.

I'm buying a new built 3650 either way so I'm not too worried. It was just weird.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-16-2014, 12:08 AM   #949
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,609
I just picked one up myself. Brand new rebuilt, dyno tested, all TSBs done, no core charge and a 60 day warranty. $1075 to my door and no core charge ftw.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:10 AM   #950
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Aurora's heart died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Did you pick up one of the ebay special ones for $1075 shipped too? Brand new rebuilt, dyno tested, all TSBs done, no core charge and a 60 day warranty. Doing the 3650 thang myself as soon as it arrives. I want to drop this t45 off the bridge into the bay but I can probably get $250-$300 for it so I'll sell it I guess...

Do you have a link to that? I need the trans to handle 500+rwtq.

I was about to order from ProMotion. With no core it's like $2200 shipped. Has everything done and gorilla 1-4 and 26 spline input.. And other stuff. The link is on the previous page.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:18 AM   #951
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
Do you have a link to that? I need the trans to handle 500+rwtq.

I was about to order from ProMotion. With no core it's like $2200 shipped. Has everything done and gorilla 1-4 and 26 spline input.. And other stuff. The link is on the previous page.
I have a link but they are sold out. They had 5 available for a tax season special and I got the 2nd to last one. Shop called Midwest Transmissions had them up on ebay and I got linked to them by a member on another forum who has one and knew I was in the market for a new trans.

Link

$180 shipping to residential via a freight carrier on top of that price. Wanted a T-56 but too hard to pass up that price when Spring is just around the corner and this is a 99.99999% direct swap. Just need a OSS sensor, already got a 3650 Tri-Ax coming and already have the right speedcal to make the OSS work with my VSS.

Edit: If you need your 3650 rebuilt, talk to Stan at Pro-Force Performance.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:29 AM   #952
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I have a link but they are sold out. They had 5 available for a tax season special and I got the 2nd to last one. Shop called Midwest Transmissions had them up on ebay and I got linked to them by a member on another forum who has one and knew I was in the market for a new trans.

Link

$180 shipping to residential via a freight carrier on top of that price. Wanted a T-56 but too hard to pass up that price when Spring is just around the corner and this is a 99.99999% direct swap. Just need a OSS sensor, already got a 3650 Tri-Ax coming and already have the right speedcal to make the OSS work with my VSS.

Edit: If you need your 3650 rebuilt, talk to Stan at Pro-Force Performance.

Roger. Looked at what he offers. He seems to have a rebuild that is a little weaker, replacing less parts with upgrades, and charges a couple hundred more.

I might just stick with ProMotion unless you seem something wrong with what they put into their transmissions?
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:55 AM   #953
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,609
Too many Pro-Motion horror stories but YMMV. I shouldn't talk going with a $1000 trans lol but I got good reviews from a few ppl who have them. I only need a stock power level trans till 500ft lbs anyway so I'm good for awhile. A good stock 3650 can take quite a bit of abuse.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:25 AM   #954
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Too many Pro-Motion horror stories but YMMV. I shouldn't talk going with a $1000 trans lol but I got good reviews from a few ppl who have them. I only need a stock power level trans till 500ft lbs anyway so I'm good for awhile. A good stock 3650 can take quite a bit of abuse.

What did you hear that was bad?
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:31 AM   #955
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,609
Just ppl on mutliple forums who had promotion trannies **** out, ppl like t45source having to rebuild them. I also have a problem with higher volume shops like them where I feel quality control suffers. Like I said YMMV, you can also call Zak at t45source/3650source and see what he can do for you.

You can take it with a grain of salt obviously since I don't own a Promotion product but I never even gave them a look because of the negative press I've seen which is what interwebs reviews are for IMO.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #956
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Just ppl on mutliple forums who had promotion trannies **** out, ppl like t45source having to rebuild them. I also have a problem with higher volume shops like them where I feel quality control suffers. Like I said YMMV, you can also call Zak at t45source/3650source and see what he can do for you.

You can take it with a grain of salt obviously since I don't own a Promotion product but I never even gave them a look because of the negative press I've seen which is what interwebs reviews are for IMO.

I appreciate the info! I'll probably contact Zak soon.

But the thing about Internet reviews that I am weary of is the fact that people who feel cheated will go to way greater lengths to get that word out than people who are satisfied. So that's the only reason I feel like a lot of bad reviews are half-hearted.


I typically buy a lot of products that get bad reviews and never have problems.


That being said! I will call Zak for sure.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:22 PM   #957
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Dyno fell through today.. For the fourth Monday in a row. Scheduled for next Monday now. But got a good pic from my friend of my car. And his. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1392679332.769755.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	711.1 KB
ID:	148068Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1392679360.749457.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	509.0 KB
ID:	148070
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:27 AM   #958
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
You're dad needs to paint that hood so you can get it on..
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:25 AM   #959
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
Dyno fell through today.. For the fourth Monday in a row. Scheduled for next Monday now. But got a good pic from my friend of my car. And his. Attachment 148068Attachment 148070
Love the SN95 and the CCW rims. Too much $$ for a rim though at least for me. One misstep and a curb mark and I'd want to jump off a bridge if I spent that kind of money on wheels.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:14 AM   #960
Registered Member
Regular
 
mystang50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,201
PINK HOUSE LOL
__________________
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #961
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,609
I'd say its more along the lines of chartreuse...
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #962
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I'd say its more along the lines of chartreuse...

....did he really just go there??....
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #963
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Either way it's my mechanic's house so say what you want. Haha
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:06 AM   #964
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,609
Hey I forget what size tires you have on the rear of that thing again... xxx/45/18 out back? Still running a 35 or 40 up front?
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:55 PM   #965
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Hey I forget what size tires you have on the rear of that thing again... xxx/45/18 out back? Still running a 35 or 40 up front?

305/45/18 out back. And front is 245/35/18. Yep.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:18 PM   #966
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,609
Nice, never understand why ppl stick with the stock roller skate size out back espeically unless they want to go as low as possible which, around here anyway, is not great with the roads the way they are. A slightly fatter sidewall is like 1 lb a wheel and really fills out the wheel wells and improves the ride. Yours is proabably a little more than that but still. I'm going to put 275/40/18s out back and 255/45/18s up front.

Also, ppl get all bent out of shape about acceleration issues, the t45/3650 have a ridiculsouly tall 1st gear ratio so just run 4.10s or go up to 4.30s if you like a bigger tire and are worried about acceleration. Or put a positive displacement supercharger on the car lol.

Anyways, back on topic, hear anything transmission wise? I'm going to get mine Friday and I am le-excited. I would not spend a ton of money on a 3650 though. Stock rebuild with a 26 spline input at most since you have a power adder. Getting into the $2k+ range is about time to get a Magnum IMO.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #967
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Hey I forget what size tires you have on the rear of that thing again... xxx/45/18 out back? Still running a 35 or 40 up front?

305/45/18 out back. And front is 245/35/18. Yep.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:17 PM   #968
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Aurora's heart died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Nice, never understand why ppl stick with the stock roller skate size out back espeically unless they want to go as low as possible which, around here anyway, is not great with the roads the way they are. A slightly fatter sidewall is like 1 lb a wheel and really fills out the wheel wells and improves the ride. Yours is proabably a little more than that but still. I'm going to put 275/40/18s out back and 255/45/18s up front.

Also, ppl get all bent out of shape about acceleration issues, the t45/3650 have a ridiculsouly tall 1st gear ratio so just run 4.10s or go up to 4.30s if you like a bigger tire and are worried about acceleration. Or put a positive displacement supercharger on the car lol.

Anyways, back on topic, hear anything transmission wise? I'm going to get mine Friday and I am le-excited. I would not spend a ton of money on a 3650 though. Stock rebuild with a 26 spline input at most since you have a power adder. Getting into the $2k+ range is about time to get a Magnum IMO.
I have 315/35/17 on the back of mine with stock gears and about 20hp over stock...NO acceleration issues
Except the spinning ones
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:59 PM   #969
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,609
315/35/17 is stock diameter of 25.7 inches. If you are spinning with the stock 3.27s you need some stickier tires and better control arms lol. When I get the 555Rs hot with 3.73s and the same rear tire size as you they hook right up with minimal spinning.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:36 PM   #970
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
315/35/17 is stock diameter of 25.7 inches. If you are spinning with the stock 3.27s you need some stickier tires and better control arms lol. When I get the 555Rs hot with 3.73s and the same rear tire size as you they hook right up with minimal spinning.

Yeah, I can spin them all day if I don't warm them up. I had 555r on them but I didn't have $ when they died and got a great deal on two almost new 555's
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:23 AM   #971
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Aurora's heart died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Nice, never understand why ppl stick with the stock roller skate size out back espeically unless they want to go as low as possible which, around here anyway, is not great with the roads the way they are. A slightly fatter sidewall is like 1 lb a wheel and really fills out the wheel wells and improves the ride. Yours is proabably a little more than that but still. I'm going to put 275/40/18s out back and 255/45/18s up front.

Also, ppl get all bent out of shape about acceleration issues, the t45/3650 have a ridiculsouly tall 1st gear ratio so just run 4.10s or go up to 4.30s if you like a bigger tire and are worried about acceleration. Or put a positive displacement supercharger on the car lol.

Anyways, back on topic, hear anything transmission wise? I'm going to get mine Friday and I am le-excited. I would not spend a ton of money on a 3650 though. Stock rebuild with a 26 spline input at most since you have a power adder. Getting into the $2k+ range is about time to get a Magnum IMO.

The way I understand it though.. The gears in a 3650 can't handle more than 450ish. I stand to be well above that. And I don't want a magnum just because I don't want to have to convert over and everything and end up spending almost $4k just for a transmission that handles just as much horsepower, has one extra gear, and the final gear drive is the same either way. I'd rather pop down my $2k and get a
built 3650, retain the stock five speed, and have fun. Haha

Also with my centri-style blower and 4.10 gears my car should be fun. I'm not worried about acceleration issues. Haha



.
The w
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:40 AM   #972
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
The way I understand it though.. The gears in a 3650 can't handle more than 450ish. I stand to be well above that. And I don't want a magnum just because I don't want to have to convert over and everything and end up spending almost $4k just for a transmission that handles just as much horsepower, has one extra gear, and the final gear drive is the same either way. I'd rather pop down my $2k and get a
built 3650, retain the stock five speed, and have fun. Haha

Also with my centri-style blower and 4.10 gears my car should be fun. I'm not worried about acceleration issues. Haha



.
The w
The gears in a 3650 can stand well above 450, its the 10 spline input shaft you have to start worrying about at 500hp if you are running DRs or slicks. Toss an alloy 26 spline input into a stock rebuilt 3650 with the TSBs done and its a VERY strong trans. Triple rail design also makes it stronger but shifts notchier. As I said before biggest 3650 failures was a fork in the early 01 units and the factory spec fluid fill being too much and causing issues. Your owners manual likely says 3.8qts, do not, I repeat DO NOT use that fill level. Correct is 3.2 and no higher than that. I recommend Pennzoil Synchromesh which you an get at any box store. I use that in every manual trans I have and its the only thing I will ever use in a manual trans.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:19 AM   #973
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jrh2592's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: West Chester
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 60
Took me a few days, but I finally managed to read through the whole thread. Cole you've really put the time, effort, and $$$ into rebuilding your car right! this thread is not only a great read, but its packed with useful info for us all to consider!
Jrh2592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:02 AM   #974
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrh2592 View Post
Took me a few days, but I finally managed to read through the whole thread. Cole you've really put the time, effort, and $$$ into rebuilding your car right! this thread is not only a great read, but its packed with useful info for us all to consider!

Thanks! I hope everyone can learn from my questions and mistakes along the way to this final product. And funny to think I've still got so far to go. Not done! Haha
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:44 AM   #975
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,609
You're never done. Even if you throw down 500 to the wheels in a few months and she runs like a top you'll enjoy it for a few months and then start poking around the internet for the next thing. Been there, done that, looking forward to a return visit haha.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:20 PM   #976
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
You're never done. Even if you throw down 500 to the wheels in a few months and she runs like a top you'll enjoy it for a few months and then start poking around the internet for the next thing. Been there, done that, looking forward to a return visit haha.

Haha! Sad to say but I've already been poking around for new things. :p
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #977
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,609
Just get it running and running well. Been there too...
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:26 PM   #978
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Just get it running and running well. Been there too...

It's already running and running well! ... Finally. It's been a hard battle with this car. Hah
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:12 PM   #979
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
Auroras heart died but this thread never will. Lol

Next post I see s should be dyno results.
__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:30 PM   #980
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
Jk... thought that was going to dyno already?
__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:11 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.