TMI Products New Bullitt Seat Foam/Upholstery - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
TMI Products New Bullitt Seat Foam/Upholstery

So This company seems pretty legit especially since my V6 leather seats are torn to shreds. Basically they offer a number of different seat options including bullit,mach 1, and cobras. I think the Bullitt seats would look better with my interior. Best part about the bullitt seats is that they are available in more than just black (parchment, oxford white, and graphite). Anyway my question is how hard is it to re-upholster seats SN-95 Seat? From TMI's website/CJ pony parts you need the different foam, however you do utilize the stock metal/frames from your seats. So once I have the new foam how hard is it to put it on the upholstery? Has anyone used this company? Trying to get some reviews. $650 for some new matching bullitt colored seats is not that bad ($950 for leather), but want to make sure I'm not getting over my head with the install. What you guys think?
Thanks.

Foam: 43-7651 Mustang TMI Seat Foam Front Bucket Bullitt V6/GT 1999-2004 | CJ Pony Parts

Upholstery Kit: Mustang TMI Upholstery 2001 Bullitt Seats V6/GT 1999-2004 | CJ Pony Parts

2002 True Blue V6 to GT Vert
16.1@86 as an auto 3.8
2.15 60', 9.3@77, 14.4@96 as a 5spd SOHC 4.6
runvsofthisbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to RaysV6
call me at 614-949-6934.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

i do do upholstery, im at work lunchbis at three, so give me a call and i can actually walk u through the steps if ur not in ohio if in ohio, and close to columbus, i can hook u up
RaysV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: TMI Products New Bullitt Seat Foam/Upholstery

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaysV6 View Post
call me at 614-949-6934.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

i do do upholstery, im at work lunchbis at three, so give me a call and i can actually walk u through the steps if ur not in ohio if in ohio, and close to columbus, i can hook u up
Ok. I'm def not in Ohio, but thank you. I know I can take the old seats out, old foam out, just a little worried about screwing up the new upholstery. Any Tips on here you can tell me? I'm so busy at work now that I won't have a chance to call you. I don't even have the seats yet, but was just trying to get some input. I emailed TMIProducts and am awaiting to hear back what they have to say on the install. I do not think that you have to stitch/sew anything as it looks pretty straight forward. Any Special tool?

16.1@86 as an auto 3.8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by runvsofthisbull

Ok. I'm def not in Ohio, but thank you. I know I can take the old seats out, old foam out, just a little worried about screwing up the new upholstery. Any Tips on here you can tell me? I'm so busy at work now that I won't have a chance to call you. I don't even have the seats yet, but was just trying to get some input. I emailed TMIProducts and am awaiting to hear back what they have to say on the install. I do not think that you have to stitch/sew anything as it looks pretty straight forward. Any Special tool?
Where is this upholstery ur buying from I need some too...

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew r Wright

Ok sorry I need to get my eyes checked...

---------- Post added 05-03-2012 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-02-2012 at 11:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew r Wright

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Ok sorry I need to get my eyes checked...
Now is that figure for the foam, and upholster? Did read that right...
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Ray will help you out man, I actually text him and told him to get on and answer your question..just pm or text him...he's a good guy!!!

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:11 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

the way ur seats are designed compared to the bullitt or mach one on the tni site,, when u turn ur seat upside down, here u ware gunna have to use ur basic hand tools sockets screwdriver phillips, ect..... ur gunna take the seat apart just remember how u took it apart to put it back together again. the material is not sewn on the foam, there is however foam under the material, and foam on the metal parts of the frame. once u have seat taken apart thete are metal hooks holding the material down get a pair of needle nose pliers twist and pull once u have all the hog rings out start on one side pushing down to relueve some of te stress the material is under from being a tight fit. u can either do one side or alternate between the two sides wiich is what i recommend u do. these seats ur getting is already sewn together, the foam they are talking about is that same yellow foam just formed different to match the seat covers
Old 05-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaysV6
the way ur seats are designed compared to the bullitt or mach one on the tni site,, when u turn ur seat upside down, here u ware gunna have to use ur basic hand tools sockets screwdriver phillips, ect..... ur gunna take the seat apart just remember how u took it apart to put it back together again. the material is not sewn on the foam, there is however foam under the material, and foam on the metal parts of the frame. once u have seat taken apart thete are metal hooks holding the material down get a pair of needle nose pliers twist and pull once u have all the hog rings out start on one side pushing down to relueve some of te stress the material is under from being a tight fit. u can either do one side or alternate between the two sides wiich is what i recommend u do. these seats ur getting is already sewn together, the foam they are talking about is that same yellow foam just formed different to match the seat covers
If I buy the material and have some one do it for me how much do the usually charge around?..
Old 05-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

well not sure in flo rida, but usually will cost u around $40 an hr for labor, and to do all ur seats. and thats cheap, cuz it will take atleast 4-5 daysdepending, but ur looking at around a couple grand
Old 05-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
well not sure in flo rida, but usually will cost u around $40 an hr for labor, and to do all ur seats. and thats cheap, cuz it will take atleast 4-5 daysdepending, but ur looking at around a couple grand
Just to have it done wtf!???
Old 05-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are you sure ray? Just to have the already made panels hooked to the seat??? I could see if they had to cut and sew all the panels then disassemble and the reassemble. But hell it only took me 3 days to completely rip apart the motor to my truck and put it back together...

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
Old 05-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

no he asked if he bought the material how much it would cost. to just replace the seat covers tem selves a good couple hours. i can make a write up with pics or even a video and post to show how to do it!! hell i can do mine and still go through the motions as if i was starting mine. buying premade seat covers is cheaper but no satisfaction can come from knowing u redid ur seats from scratch. well atleast to me give me this weekend and i will get a video together for u guys. a step by step instructions so it makes it easier for u to be able to do them ur self.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

they also (same company as above) have 03/04 cobra seat covers (foam required)
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I would say around 4-5 hours to re upholster both front seats if you have never done it before
kelidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

thats only amd ONLY IF the covers come pre sewn, if u want to sew ur own there is more to it then u think i do, i went to school for it!!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thats only amd ONLY IF the covers come pre sewn, if u want to sew ur own there is more to it then u think i do, i went to school for it!!
The covers he is looking at come in two pieces...seat bottom and seat back...maybe headrest too...

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
Old 05-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

yeah i know, but members keep thinking about starting from scratch, i already mention that it will take only a few short hours IF THE PEICES ARE ALREADY SEWN TOGETHER.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I never said I was going to start from scratch. Yea I saw the cobra ones also which may be what I go with. The bullitts caught my eye first so it will be a toss up between the two. Just FYI Corbeau quoted me at 800 to have any of their seats put in parchment color, which I think is ridiculous sine the pair cost just that so I would be Looking at $1600 to get just two bucket corbeaus in parchment. I'm def going to do it Myself and I'll also throw a write up in here as its going to be a hell of a fun project. Thanks for the Information Ray. I'll post pics later of my current V8 swap that's well underway.

16.1@86 as an auto 3.8
Old 05-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

i know what u was trying to say it was other members who was asking about scratch amd everything!! if u buy pre sewn covers like ur wanting to do, once u get ur seat apart u will see how easy it is, my number is on here, so if u need help text with pics or give me a call amd i can help u with it, im wanting to do a v8 swap from my v6 if thats what ur doing i would love to know what all u did, parts pics stuff like that
Old 05-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Roger that yea I'm at no way of the skill level of cutting/sewing on interior, however I know that I can tear down the seats, but was just more info on the install. I'll def let ya know when I get them.

16.1@86 as an auto 3.8
Old 05-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds good man, yeah i went to wyotech in pennsylvania for it. was a good time, hell i even started my own business. but still in the baby steps of the whole thing.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I should of specified
Old 05-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

its cool kelidd, either way both ways will work, just base on personal preference, some want different colors or designs that dont come on pre made covers
Old 05-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Very true I guess it hours back to the old saying you have to pay to play lol
Old 05-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Very true!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT