AM chin spoiler looks terrible - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
AM chin spoiler looks terrible

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with American Muscle's Mach 1 chin spoiler? I have had mine on for maybe 2 months and it is already wavy and sagging between the bolts (I'm seeing gaps between it and the bumper). Maybe someone has done advise for getting this thing back to bueno?
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,176
Mine is swaying a little between the bolts too.
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
jwhayne0001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange
Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with American Muscle's Mach 1 chin spoiler? I have had mine on for maybe 2 months and it is already wavy and sagging between the bolts (I'm seeing gaps between it and the bumper). Maybe someone has done advise for getting this thing back to bueno?
Haven't used one but perhaps drill holes in between the existing bolts and add more?
jwhayne0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhayne0001

Haven't used one but perhaps drill holes in between the existing bolts and add more?
I ran extra bolts already. If theres a 3-4 inch gap between bolts I get a little sag. Pretty poor product, the material is just too soft.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
jwhayne0001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange

I ran extra bolts already. If theres a 3-4 inch gap between bolts I get a little sag. Pretty poor product, the material is just too soft.
Wonder of you could run a thin strip of metal along the edge where your holes are and run the bolts thru the metal strip maybe give it a little more support
jwhayne0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt1075's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Capitola
Region: California
Posts: 1,634
Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
Sorry to hear that, but thanks for pointing this out. I was considering one but I think I'll hold off.
__________________
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 598
That's why is spent the extra money and went with the factory Ford one. The OEM one is textured and fits perfectly. The AM
Looks like shinny cheap plastic. No offense..
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
StackeStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 259
Maybe try an adhesive on the whole strip that touches the bumper?
StackeStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
jjsg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,224
I've had no problems with mine. They advise to lay it out for 24h and let it settle from being wrapped up from shipping.
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsg09
I've had no problems with mine. They advise to lay it out for 24h and let it settle from being wrapped up from shipping.
Agree no problems with mine...yet...hope I don't have any...but then again I'm. Switching someone bumpers for a roush bumper
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
I ordered mine from eBay and no problems at all looks great
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
Mine was a little warped on one side when i put it on, it doesn't look too bad, but still a little disappointed.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
I've got a buddy with an 04 Sentra Se-r and I think im going to sell him this one since he has to modify it anyways and either buy an OEM or get a little creative..
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #14
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Re: AM chin spoiler looks terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with American Muscle's Mach 1 chin spoiler? I have had mine on for maybe 2 months and it is already wavy and sagging between the bolts (I'm seeing gaps between it and the bumper). Maybe someone has done advise for getting this thing back to bueno?
AgentOrange,

I'm sorry you're having issues with our Mach 1 chin spoiler. If you want to, PM me your order number or email address and I'll get you taken care of if you want to return it. We're Mustang enthusiasts ourselves, and if something isn't perfect, it would bother us too!

For everyone that's installing one, make sure you take the chin spoiler out of the box about 24 hrs before you install it. When you're installing, make sure you start from the center and work your way out to ensure the least amount of slack. I've even seen other customers put some 3M tape across the whole spoiler before bolting it up for extra strength. This should eliminate most of the issues!

I've contacted my New Products team and made them aware of the problem. They're going to try and work with the manufacturer to come up with a solution. We don't want customers to have this problem in the future, so thanks for bringing this to my attention!

We'll get you squared away in no time! Sorry about the inconvenience.

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vegas97gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 190
3m sells rolls of double sided tape you can pull it off double sided tape it then bolt or clip it
Vegas97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky

AgentOrange,

I'm sorry you're having issues with our Mach 1 chin spoiler. If you want to, PM me your order number or email address and I'll get you taken care of if you want to return it. We're Mustang enthusiasts ourselves, and if something isn't perfect, it would bother us too!

For everyone that's installing one, make sure you take the chin spoiler out of the box about 24 hrs before you install it. When you're installing, make sure you start from the center and work your way out to ensure the least amount of slack. I've even seen other customers put some 3M tape across the whole spoiler before bolting it up for extra strength. This should eliminate most of the issues!

I've contacted my New Products team and made them aware of the problem. They're going to try and work with the manufacturer to come up with a solution. We don't want customers to have this problem in the future, so thanks for bringing this to my attention!

We'll get you squared away in no time! Sorry about the inconvenience.

Shane
A+ to AM's customer service!
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #17
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Re: AM chin spoiler looks terrible

Reccon that's from the sun? My (assumed) original spoiler is doing this too but I can clearly see marks as well where the prior owner might have boogered it up on a curb.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas97gt View Post
3m sells rolls of double sided tape you can pull it off double sided tape it then bolt or clip it
I would use bolts. The clips don't last very long with road jolts and vibrations. Look under you car and take a peek at some of the factory clips thingys holding the wheel well inner shields. Mine are all loose.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT View Post
A+ to AM's customer service!
Indeed!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
Shane, I'll contact you if I need to make a return. I did lay my spoiler out for over 24 hours and was very careful in my installation, just so it is known. You are in no way losing a customer, as I have made a few purchases through AM and was always satisfied and have always made recommendations. I deal in restoration parts and understand that these problems arise. I'll take a second look at everything and try to make it work.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jord05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky

AgentOrange,

I'm sorry you're having issues with our Mach 1 chin spoiler. If you want to, PM me your order number or email address and I'll get you taken care of if you want to return it. We're Mustang enthusiasts ourselves, and if something isn't perfect, it would bother us too!

For everyone that's installing one, make sure you take the chin spoiler out of the box about 24 hrs before you install it. When you're installing, make sure you start from the center and work your way out to ensure the least amount of slack. I've even seen other customers put some 3M tape across the whole spoiler before bolting it up for extra strength. This should eliminate most of the issues!

I've contacted my New Products team and made them aware of the problem. They're going to try and work with the manufacturer to come up with a solution. We don't want customers to have this problem in the future, so thanks for bringing this to my attention!

We'll get you squared away in no time! Sorry about the inconvenience.

Shane
Hey Shane mines starting to get really wavy and not looking good would you be able to help me out to?
Jord05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt1075's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Capitola
Region: California
Posts: 1,634
Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
Exactly why I have bought all but a couple parts from American Muscle. Great service. I would have boughten MGW shifter from them also if only they carried it.
__________________
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #21
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1075
Exactly why I have bought all but a couple parts from American Muscle. Great service. I would have boughten MGW shifter from them also if only they carried it.
I 2nd that, great service fast shipping!
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:59 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.