how much is my car worth? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-06-2012, 01:42 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
how much is my car worth?

today a guy offered me $10,000 for my car. I feel like I could bump it up a little but just curious as too how mch y'all would pay for my car
it has 63,4xx miles on it
y'all can see I have some mods on it. well taken care off. just got new ball joints. got all my fluids serviced (transmission and rear end. )
new brakes. just bought new wheels and tires for front of car. my back tires prolly have less than 10,000 miles on em with the deepdish wheels. new head lights/ fogs. HIDs. pioneer screen bazooka tube. redone leather interior. lowering kit. a few more things.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

oh yeah and fatback Flomaster exhaust.
beccabau2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 01:47 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012
today a guy offered me $10,000 for my car. I feel like I could bump it up a little but just curious as too how mch y'all would pay for my car
it has 63,4xx miles on it
y'all can see I have some mods on it. well taken care off. just got new ball joints. got all my fluids serviced (transmission and rear end. )
new brakes. just bought new wheels and tires for front of car. my back tires prolly have less than 10,000 miles on em with the deepdish wheels. new head lights/ fogs. HIDs. pioneer screen bazooka tube. redone leather interior. lowering kit. a few more things.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

oh yeah and fatback Flomaster exhaust.
I had more stuff done to my 03 GT and 80k miles and I got 8k trade-in. I think that 10k is a great offer myself, but if you can sucker him for another thousand do it!
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:49 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

well his idea is he wants 11,2 for his car and he would give me 10 and I would pay the 11,2. imma see what I can do. I feel like its a fair deal. but it's just sucks since I've put so much money into it. I'll never get back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 01:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
well his idea is he wants 11,2 for his car and he would give me 10 and I would pay the 11,2. imma see what I can do. I feel like its a fair deal. but it's just sucks since I've put so much money into it. I'll never get back
What does he have?
Old 05-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

07 civic si with 60k miles. it's completely stock. with brand new tires. 11,2 is a realy good deal on his car. he said it had clear title and no major accidents

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

and by no major accidents he did have his grandpa back into his bumper and his door had a dent but all got repaired.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:57 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
07 civic si with 60k miles. it's completely stock. with brand new tires. 11,2 is a realy good deal on his car. he said it had clear title and no major accidents
Yeah... but.... really? I mean I know they get good gas mileage... but I think you would be unhappy if you like your GT at all for its performance. I had a girlfriend with an 08 civic si and it was a dog compared to my 03. Why you want to trade him?
Old 05-06-2012, 02:00 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going off to college. would like good gas mileage and a lil bigger car. as well as I'm
worried about busting my transmission Pan bc my car is low and the Louisiana roads are terrible( you can see I've scraped it before). I will b living four hours from home and the roads arent the best.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:06 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm going off to college. would like good gas mileage and a lil bigger car. as well as I'm
worried about busting my transmission Pan bc my car is low and the Louisiana roads are terrible( you can see I've scraped it before). I will b living four hours from home and the roads arent the best.
How often are you going to go home? I, personally, would nvr do the trade... but 10k is a great offer. The dealership offered me 6500 as a first offer. When I heard that I picked up my keys and threw the grabber's keys on the desk and said, " you have my number if you some how grow some brains and get me in this new car." And I walked out I started the 03 and they came running outside... lol i was shooting for 9000 but we settled on 8k
Old 05-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

yeah I feel like 10 is a good deal and I prolly wouldn't get that anywhere else. idk. my dad is completely against four cylinder imports. so prolly won't let me do the deal even tho I think it's fair
Old 05-06-2012, 03:59 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
You will miss the power!!!! my mustang is down and I'm driving an 01 escape I miss my stang so much it's crazy I miss the power, the acceleration just best advice thing real hard on your decision.
Vegas97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
yeah I feel like 10 is a good deal and I prolly wouldn't get that anywhere else. idk. my dad is completely against four cylinder imports. so prolly won't let me do the deal even tho I think it's fair
You will likely regret getting rid of your car for the reasons you listed, if you were facing some kind of hardship, like Mustang payment V. Feeding your family I'd say sell sell sell, I believe must of the other posters would agree. I had an 87 5.0 and a 95 GT I sold at the same time(financial hardship) and regret not finding another way to make it work. Ended up buying the 87 back and this past Aug I bought another 95 GT. somes you have to do what you HAVE to do, but be sure it's what you really want if you don't HAVE to do it. The Civic is probably not much if any higher the your GT I'd wager.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:35 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Your dad sounds like a smart man.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
If you need gas mileage, just go buy a 90's 4 door civic. If you're putting 1200 on TOP of your Mustang you should just use that money to buy a beater. I have a 95 civic sedan as my little turd car and it won't die, I put minimum coverage on it, and it gets good gas mileage. The 4 doors aren't worth crap because ricer kids aren't artificially inflating their value.If you're worried about embarrassment then drive the stang once a week so people know you have something nice!
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #14
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
+1 on the old beater.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: how much is my car worth?

I think trading a stang for a honda is a good way to get the car gods very upset.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

you can look on a lot of placer such as auto trader and see what they are going for, thinking 10k is good deal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereKEV View Post
I think trading a stang for a honda is a good way to get the car gods very upset.
haha

work in progress...
2002 v6, Dual Flowmasters, SCT SF3/X3 Tuner, AM CAI....
next up lowering, gears...
shaqfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange
If you need gas mileage, just go buy a 90's 4 door civic. If you're putting 1200 on TOP of your Mustang you should just use that money to buy a beater. I have a 95 civic sedan as my little turd car and it won't die, I put minimum coverage on it, and it gets good gas mileage. The 4 doors aren't worth crap because ricer kids aren't artificially inflating their value.If you're worried about embarrassment then drive the stang once a week so people know you have something nice!
+1

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

1200 would buy an older bike...
Old 05-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09

+1

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

1200 would buy an older bike...
I bucket of rice with 2 wheels
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

I bucket of rice with 2 wheels
Its still better than the civic that they are trying to buy... and they get to keep the Stang.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09

Its still better than the civic that they are trying to buy... and they get to keep the Stang.
can't have two cars. bc I'm gonna be living in a dorm going to college.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Leave the Stang at home? I dunno man but that trade is gonna come back to bite you
Old 05-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You can't leave the Stang at mom and dad's?
Old 05-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

can't leave the stang home. it's either one or the other.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I'm just saying... I STILL miss my 2003 and I have a newer, faster, more powerful mustang! I would personally just get a part time job in the evenings so I could pay for gas for the Stang, but in the end you gotta do what is best for you. I'm just trying to give you other options!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Looks like your mind is already set on the... Civic.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Honestly, do what makes the most sense to you. Buy the civic, go to college, drive the civic, slam the jager bombs, keep that pimp hand strong, ace that sh*t, get the diploma then you can go buy whatever mustang you want

Hell you never know if 4 years down the road that guy still has your GT and you can buy it back from him. I have friends that have done that multiple times.

Normally I'd say try and sell whatever cosmetic mods you can and return the car to near stock to get some of your money back, but it sounds like most of the things you've recently done was maintenance so it's hard to sell that lol. You could sell the wheels if you have the stockers, unless the guy really wants them on the car.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
Honestly, do what makes the most sense to you. Buy the civic, go to college, drive the civic, slam the jager bombs, keep that pimp hand strong, ace that sh*t, get the diploma then you can go buy whatever mustang you want

Hell you never know if 4 years down the road that guy still has your GT and you can buy it back from him. I have friends that have done that multiple times.

Normally I'd say try and sell whatever cosmetic mods you can and return the car to near stock to get some of your money back, but it sounds like most of the things you've recently done was maintenance so it's hard to sell that lol. You could sell the wheels if you have the stockers, unless the guy really wants them on the car.
haha you crack me up. I'm a mustang girl no doubt, buy it may be time to go without and I've always planned on getting a mustang for a weekend car once I'm an adult
Old 05-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03

Keep that pimp hand strong

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I will say this, those SIs are very decent cars for the price you pay. I think it's a very decent trade considering the reasons you listed above. I'm a lube tech at Honda dealer and I have yet to see any of those Civics come in with any serious problems at all. I vote get the Civic, and do as the other guys said, when you graduate look at getting into a Mustang again. Those cars have a decent get up and go for being a Honda. They aren't a Mustang but they should suite your needs very well.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF
I will say this, those SIs are very decent cars for the price you pay. I think it's a very decent trade considering the reasons you listed above. I'm a lube tech at Honda dealer and I have yet to see any of those Civics come in with any serious problems at all. I vote get the Civic, and do as the other guys said, when you graduate look at getting into a Mustang again. Those cars have a decent get up and go for being a Honda. They aren't a Mustang but they should suite your needs very well.
thanks. appreciate it.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

thanks. appreciate it.
No problem. Heck, if you really need more power, Honda installs Jackson Racing superchargers if I remember correctly and they warranty them. I work with a guy that has one pushing 6psi and he will kick my *** freakin day
Old 05-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

lol nah I can't stand people who put loads of money into four cylinders (motor wise). just isn't me
Old 05-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
lol nah I can't stand people who put loads of money into four cylinders (motor wise). just isn't me
Haha I was the same way until I started working at Honda. However I've learned to appreciate a clean one when I see it
Old 05-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
That car just won't be as sexy without you

But you have to do what's best for you

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT
That car just won't be as sexy without you

But you have to do what's best for you
lol I can make anything sexy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT