help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
help

What's goin on I'm new to this I'm looking for some help performance wise hooker headers long tube with Slp loudmouth stage 2?? That a good way to start off
04Mstng.GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
You need a shorty mid pipe to mate up with your long tubes and a tuner would maximize your HP and torque gains from these mods.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Where would be a good place to find that as of right now its bone stock what else do u recommend or wat route should i go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Mstng.GT
Where would be a good place to find that as of right now its bone stock what else do u recommend or wat route should i go
Online at Americanmuscle.com. You can create an account and set up build list. a good list of mods in my opinion should start with a tuner cold air intake and gears. These 3 mods will provide the most noticeable increase in performance for the least amount of $$$ and if you order the tuner and gears package on american muscle they will give you free tunes for life. So as you keep modding your car they can keep sending new tunes maximizing the power you gain from each mod. Keep in mind that they can't tune for cams or turbo/superchargers but do offer a tune for nitrous. Next should come full exhaust: long tube headers, shorty mid pipe and catback. The brands and styles vary with these as well as wether or not you want catalytic converters all together a good full exhaust will cost you around $800-$1000 and unless you know your way around a car I would definitely have a shop install the headers and mid pipe because they are a PITA to install. Next (and many people would say you should do this first) is some suspension upgrades to help you plant the tires better. And then after all that the only things left would be cams heads and/or forced induction/ nitrous which will require that you put your car up on a dyno to get a proper tune all in all though I wouldnt plan on making more than 400 rwhp on the stock motor. So if you plan to exceed that mark I would look into getting a stronger block with forged internals.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

And then of course cosmetic upgrades are a matter of taste and therefore completely up to you so good luck and enjoy!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'm lookin at am muscle an is the bama tuner the same as a chip?
stangdude512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Yes except a tuner has files while a chip is burned with files
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

How is the ford cars super chip?
Old 05-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangdude512
I'm lookin at am muscle an is the bama tuner the same as a chip?
I would go with the tuner it's much easier to use and update plus you get the added benefit of being able read and clear DTC's
Old 05-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Also im still thinkin about gears how will the 4.10 gears hold up on a 1 an half drive. Like twice a week.
stangdude512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron's racecar

Online at Americanmuscle.com. You can create an account and set up build list. a good list of mods in my opinion should start with a tuner cold air intake and gears. These 3 mods will provide the most noticeable increase in performance for the least amount of $$$ and if you order the tuner and gears package on american muscle they will give you free tunes for life. So as you keep modding your car they can keep sending new tunes maximizing the power you gain from each mod. Keep in mind that they can't tune for cams or turbo/superchargers but do offer a tune for nitrous. Next should come full exhaust: long tube headers, shorty mid pipe and catback. The brands and styles vary with these as well as wether or not you want catalytic converters all together a good full exhaust will cost you around $800-$1000 and unless you know your way around a car I would definitely have a shop install the headers and mid pipe because they are a PITA to install. Next (and many people would say you should do this first) is some suspension upgrades to help you plant the tires better. And then after all that the only things left would be cams heads and/or forced induction/ nitrous which will require that you put your car up on a dyno to get a proper tune all in all though I wouldnt plan on making more than 400 rwhp on the stock motor. So if you plan to exceed that mark I would look into getting a stronger block with forged internals.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

And then of course cosmetic upgrades are a matter of taste and therefore completely up to you so good luck and enjoy!
X1000 great info great way to start!!! Suspension mod should come right after what he said as well as a big break kit!

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangdude512
Also im still thinkin about gears how will the 4.10 gears hold up on a 1 an half drive. Like twice a week.
4.10 gears are A LOT of fun but from stock gears you will see a decrease in mpg by about 3mpg when driving hwy...they will hold up fine but like I said you will see a decreased mpg and higher rpms. I'm the city though you will see a little better mpg..

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT

X1000 great info great way to start!!! Suspension mod should come right after what he said as well as a big break kit!

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

4.10 gears are A LOT of fun but from stock gears you will see a decrease in mpg by about 3mpg when driving hwy...they will hold up fine but like I said you will see a decreased mpg and higher rpms. I'm the city though you will see a little better mpg..
Thanks vert. Indeed I did forget to mention brakes. As for gears it's all a matter of preference 4.10s get a little less gas mileage but offer a little more "seat of your pants" feel than 3.73. Both have been used on many mustangs and both are loved. But if your not sure... there is a happy median in the 3.90 gears!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron's racecar

Thanks vert. Indeed I did forget to mention brakes. As for gears it's all a matter of preference 4.10s get a little less gas mileage but offer a little more "seat of your pants" feel than 3.73. Both have been used on many mustangs and both are loved. But if your not sure... there is a happy median in the 3.90 gears!
X1000 again!

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT