Kaenen Saleen S281 wing on 98 cobra - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Kaenen Saleen S281 wing on 98 cobra

Just got the 98 cobra back with the Kaenen Saleen S281 wing on...thought I would share photos of it in case someone was wanting to get one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00076.jpg
Views:	1140
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	50682   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00077.JPG
Views:	918
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	50685  

southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Kaenen Saleen S281 wing on 98 cobra

looks good, always liked the S281 wing on 94-98's
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00
Just got the 98 cobra back with the Kaenen Saleen S281 wing on...thought I would share photos of it in case someone was wanting to get one.
I've been wanting one on my cobra. How much did u pay for paint? Also does it bolt on or does it have the crappy double sided tape? This is the one on American muscle right?
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
looks good, always liked the S281 wing on 94-98's
thanks, I like it better then the factory wing. I did have my dad place the factory cobra wing on my 00 gt and it looks better on there lol. So im going to have it install on the GT and painted when I get it ready for the paint shop. Of coarse thats after I get my supercharger and hood on though.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt View Post
I've been wanting one on my cobra. How much did u pay for paint? Also does it bolt on or does it have the crappy double sided tape? This is the one on American muscle right?
This is the same one off of American muscle but I didnt get it from them because they were out at the time and I had a time frame of when I had to put it in the shop, so I ordered it off of Mrbodykit.com. The sad thing is that it doesnt bolt on, it uses double sided tape but the guy that did work heated it up and some more stuff to make it strong then just tape alone. I think I paid 945 to have it painted, installed, the scratch on the bumper fixed and painted, the rock pecks on the hood and front bumper fix and painted, and two sun visors installed.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

thanks, I like it better then the factory wing. I did have my dad place the factory cobra wing on my 00 gt and it looks better on there lol. So im going to have it install on the GT and painted when I get it ready for the paint shop. Of coarse thats after I get my supercharger and hood on though.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

This is the same one off of American muscle but I didnt get it from them because they were out at the time and I had a time frame of when I had to put it in the shop, so I ordered it off of Mrbodykit.com. The sad thing is that it doesnt bolt on, it uses double sided tape but the guy that did work heated it up and some more stuff to make it strong then just tape alone. I think I paid 945 to have it painted, installed, the scratch on the bumper fixed and painted, the rock pecks on the hood and front bumper fix and painted, and two sun visors installed.
Ohh ok. That's a pretty good deal. I just saw on american muscle that the ones there do bolt on. How much did u pay for that one?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ohh ok. That's a pretty good deal. I just saw on american muscle that the ones there do bolt on. How much did u pay for that one?
Yeah, and the guy did good work too but I wasnt sure if theres was bolt on or not. I really wanted the bolt on but they were out at the time. I gave 198 but shipping was like 65....but it was only a few dollars off from AM but they didnt have them.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah, and the guy did good work too but I wasnt sure if theres was bolt on or not. I really wanted the bolt on but they were out at the time. I gave 198 but shipping was like 65....but it was only a few dollars off from AM but they didnt have them.
That kind of sucks that they were out. Hopefully they get some soon
Old 05-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That kind of sucks that they were out. Hopefully they get some soon
yeah it sucked but I had to get it somewhere else but they have them in stock now lol go figure lol....oh well im about to order some stuff from them soon anyways.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

They bolt on in same spot as stock. I got a pic of mine in my photos ill post it. they give so much cleaner look. always got em on ebay. I replaced mine cuz a 300 pound hillbilly got pissed at me. he was saying his rusty truck was better. I called him out lol he ripped off my spoiler

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

mhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

mhobbs your picture didnt show up, but that sux that it got ripped off by a hillbilly lol...I thought that all bolted on but I learned that leason but the guy that did the work got it to work so im happy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT