Who would win? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-21-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Who would win?

My 04 gt vs 03 Hyundai Tiburon my gt has slp loudmouth 1. The tiburon has cold air intake under drive pulleys who would win?
RUNNWLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 12:14 AM   #2

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNNWLD
My 04 gt vs 03 Hyundai Tiburon my gt has slp loudmouth 1. The tiburon has cold air intake under drive pulleys who would win?
Honestly who ever can drive better. The tiburons can do 15.5. But you should beat him. It's a freaking tiburon
2000Blackgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
No contest, the GT.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 01:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Ight thanks
RUNNWLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Who would win?

Yes on a 1/4 mile track you should have him...those tiburons are quick compared to the v6 mustangs, but with a rough 1/4 in the 15's, you should be fine...stock 99-04 manual GT's are 13 second cars.

If he won, I'd have a new respect for them

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Those tiburons aren't so great. I tested one my girlfriend wanted, and it blew. It was a GT, but they are slow, and everything about them is a few steps below a Ford/GM/Honda/Toyota in quality. Korean junk.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Borii

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
No contest, the GT.
Which one haha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Yes on a 1/4 mile track you should have him...those tiburons are quick compared to the v6 mustangs, but with a rough 1/4 in the 15's, you should be fine...stock 99-04 manual GT's are 13 second cars.

If he won, I'd have a new respect for them
The 99-04 Manual is a high 13 second car which results in most people running 14s. Irrelevant though because the Tiburon can't touch the guy anyway haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
Those tiburons aren't so great. I tested one my girlfriend wanted, and it blew. It was a GT, but they are slow, and everything about them is a few steps below a Ford/GM/Honda/Toyota in quality. Korean junk.
I found their interior to be very nice and solid. Much higher quality than my Mustang.

Otherwise, they're slow.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I don't want this to become a flame war, but the paint on the 07 I drove was already flaking around spots where it had little chips, and the interior trim is made of a material similar to what Lincoln was using in the early 90's, it basically breaks down and gets a sticky surface, catches dirt, hair, etc. My Mustang may rattle and creak, but none of the materials are so cheap they have become a burden.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

Which one haha?

The 99-04 Manual is a high 13 second car which results in most people running 14s. Irrelevant though because the Tiburon can't touch the guy anyway haha

I found their interior to be very nice and solid. Much higher quality than my Mustang.

Otherwise, they're slow.
Whoops meant to say the Mustang, I forgot that the Tiburon was a GT too.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't want this to become a flame war, but the paint on the 07 I drove was already flaking around spots where it had little chips, and the interior trim is made of a material similar to what Lincoln was using in the early 90's, it basically breaks down and gets a sticky surface, catches dirt, hair, etc. My Mustang may rattle and creak, but none of the materials are so cheap they have become a burden.
The materials in your year Mustang are not great by a long shot, now i do agree that my car is also cheap. Coming from foreign cars, American interiors are cheap poor quality. The leather on my door came off on both doors in the first few weeks of owning.

Now, I also find my paint odd. My car hasn't had an accident but you can see one side is duller than the other haha.

I love it to death for it's power but it lacks in term of being a 'care free' car.

My dash is leather, my mid dash is aluminum. The rest is plastic but the cheapest kind of plastic on Earth I swear. No flame war here. I do not take criticism poorly. It is all good. We are all here to discuss right?

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 05-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

What year is your mustang, I just can't agree that a Hyundai even compares, and I'm judging an 07 Tiburon against my 04, badically 90's Mustang interior. Neither are wonderful, but the Mustang isn't falling apart and having quality issues like the Hyundai was. I have broken the clip on my driver's door escutcheon, but I have on my Honda as well. My Mustang's.leather door panels are 100%. I love a japanese car, but i'm not sold on Korean quality yet.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What year is your mustang, I just can't agree that a Hyundai even compares, and I'm judging an 07 Tiburon against my 04, badically 90's Mustang interior. Neither are wonderful, but the Mustang isn't falling apart and having quality issues like the Hyundai was. I have broken the clip on my driver's door escutcheon, but I have on my Honda as well. My Mustang's.leather door panels are 100%. I love a japanese car, but i'm not sold on Korean quality yet.
Mine is an 06.

Let me address my 'quality' interior comment on the Hyundai. I should not have said 'quality'. I should have said looks. I think the Tiburon interior feels solid and looks much nicer. In reality, I would have no way of knowing how they hold up over time.

Also, Hyundai has earned a lot of rep lately. As long as they keep it up, I'm sold. The Genesis 3.6 and 3.6R are both awesome.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 05-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Oh, well yeah that caused a complete miscommunication. The interior on that tiburon looked nice and didn't creak or anything, but the raw materials were breaking down and getting nasty. Plus the paint was pretty thin. Anyways we can agree on one thing, and that's that the Mustang would win this hypothetical race with ease.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT