Bigger throttle body and spacer - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Bigger throttle body and spacer

I'm havin a little confusion over what spacer and what size throttle body is best for my mustang. I have a 98 gt with UPR cia, Steeda ud pulleys, and UPR O-R x-pipe.
Dpsychostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

What are your plans for the car? Do you wanna supercharge it or what do you wanna do with it? Just build for your future. If your not going to then the 70mm's are plenty
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
If your not going with FI the 70mm throttle body will be fine I wouldn't do the spacer as there are no improvement or gains from it, just a waste of money, I would also upgrade the plenum, accufab is a great product well worth the money
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Unless your going FI then a 70mm TB will work just fine!.. Also I agree with upgrading the upper plenum!.. As far as a spacer is concerned!.. I've got one from Steeda and it really didn't make much of a difference!.. But then again what do you expect when they claim only 2-4hp gain on a NA bolt on motor!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0t4lbl4ck0ut
What are your plans for the car? Do you wanna supercharge it or what do you wanna do with it? Just build for your future. If your not going to then the 70mm's are plenty
I'm not sure how in depth I wanna go right now, I'm just trying to find a couple inexpensive bolt on's to up the HP and Torque. Just wanna give it a little more gitty up.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Ah. Yea just go with the 70mm. Get gears if you don't have them. That will change your car more then any bolt on ever will
t0t4lbl4ck0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpsychostang

I'm not sure how in depth I wanna go right now, I'm just trying to find a couple inexpensive bolt on's to up the HP and Torque. Just wanna give it a little more gitty up.
Have you considered doing a PI swap?... That will give you some really good gains in HP and Torque!..
Old 05-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I'm still kinda new to the short hand what's FI? I've also heard a TB spacer will improve gas mileage is this true or also bs? I am thinkin of changing out the upper plenum. I wanna do a pi swap my concern is that I wanna fix the valve tap I have will that take care of it? My other concern is if I kept the stock piping when I did the exhaust will that effect HP?
Old 05-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
I'm still kinda new to the short hand what's FI? I've also heard a TB spacer will improve gas mileage is this true or also bs? I am thinkin of changing out the upper plenum. I wanna do a pi swap my concern is that I wanna fix the valve tap I have will that take care of it? My other concern is if I kept the stock piping when I did the exhaust will that effect HP?
FI = Forced induction , do the PI swap and cai, throttle body , plenum , and as was stated get a new set of gears the gears will really wake the car up, the stock piping is crap when u have the cash invest in a set of LT's and full exhaust
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360

FI = Forced induction , do the PI swap and cai, throttle body , plenum , and as was stated get a new set of gears the gears will really wake the car up, the stock piping is crap when u have the cash invest in a set of LT's and full exhaust
+11

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Quote:
FI is Forced Induction, such as Turbos and SuperChargers!.. And anything that frees up HP, such as your basic Bolt Ons like a CAI and pullies, will help to maintain if not improve gas mileage!.. As far as spacers are concerned, the only one I have personal experience with the one from Steeda that goes between the Upper Plenum and Intake Manifold!.. The ones that go between your TB and Upper Plenum, I personally wouldn't bother with!.. Because they are usually smaller I diameter then your TB especially if you have a aftermarket TB!..
Old 05-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I plan on putting a configural supercharger on mine so I went with the bbk 78mm tb/plenum combo and I'll tell ya what...it improves throttle response greatly and pulls like a raped date after 3000 rpm

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT