Fuel pumps and return line??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Fuel pumps and return line???

I took my car for a Dyno tune and they told me my car is running out of fuel so I ask them what I need to do to fix that issue
The answer was that I need new fuel pumps return line and a fuel pressure regulator!!!!
I already have dual walboro 255 fuel pumps
10x8 fuel lines
Fuel rails
And 60# injectors
I did a research and found out that with the 255 I can push 700 hp without any issue so I'm kind a confuse now :0
Can someone help me on this please
480 rwhp 450 # of torque
Mmustang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
The GTs have a factory returnless style fuel system, basically the fuel gets pushed to the engine and the excess just sits there waiting to be used. A return style allows the excess fuel to return back to the fuel tank.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Fuel pumps and return line???

seems like you have other problems...what fuel pumps are you acutally running? are you running the walbros acutally made for a returnless setup? since your running twin pumps are you running dual fpdm's or a modified one?im assuming your running a cobra hat?
slow02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow02gt
seems like you have other problems...what fuel pumps are you acutally running? are you running the walbros acutally made for a returnless setup? since your running twin pumps are you running dual fpdm's or a modified one?im assuming your running a cobra hat?
Ok they told me that I need to install a return fuel line a fuel pressure regulator and walboros 400 dual fuel pumps
I'm not sure what hat they installed on my car since they did all the fuel system on my car they install (2) 255 walboros fuel pumps
10x8 fuel lines
Aeromotive fuel rails
60# injectors
also I have a KENNE BELL BOOST A PUMP
So that's why I don't understand why I'm running out of fuel

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF
The GTs have a factory returnless style fuel system, basically the fuel gets pushed to the engine and the excess just sits there waiting to be used. A return style allows the excess fuel to return back to the fuel tank.
That's what they told me so I need to install a return fuel line
480 rwhp 450 # of torque
Old 05-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Fuel pumps and return line???

that makes no sense for your power and just having a d1 you dont need dual 405 lbs...dual 405s are good to 1200rwhp...you need to figure out what all they did with the fuel system..what hat did they use on the pumps if they just did a modded cobra hat and see if they did dual fpdm or a modded one..and shoot me a pm or you can give me a call or text and i can help figure out this problem..seems like they are just trying to making money off of you man..because a return setup really isnt needed under 700...
slow02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow02gt
that makes no sense for your power and just having a d1 you dont need dual 405 lbs...dual 405s are good to 1200rwhp...you need to figure out what all they did with the fuel system..what hat did they use on the pumps if they just did a modded cobra hat and see if they did dual fpdm or a modded one..and shoot me a pm or you can give me a call or text and i can help figure out this problem..seems like they are just trying to making money off of you man..because a return setup really isnt needed under 700...
Thanks man I'll found out today what kind of hat they use on my car
I'll let u know to see if u can help me on this issue
Again thanks
480 rwhp 450 # of torque

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT