97 GT 32V Swap - Page 8 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #246
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Re: 97 GT 32V Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Sorry bro, hope they can get you setup soon. Did you have to give them the PCM's serial on the outside of it?
They have my strategy code for my ECM. Its strange the tune it self took but the rev limit is still at 6050. Not sure whats up with that. Just got an email from him, and now its "there could be something wrong with the car" im like ok, the car was fine stock so what could it be? I mean really your just tuning a GT. Man I wish I had a key for that advantage sct program so I can see for myself.
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #247
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Yup, it would really interesting to see what kinda options are available at hand. It would be great to be able to get it set just right. Maybe have a tune for certain outdoor conditions.

You mentioned dumping a small amount of E85 in there to boost the octane some. Have you tried that? I heard that burns really hot.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #248
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup, it would really interesting to see what kinda options are available at hand. It would be great to be able to get it set just right. Maybe have a tune for certain outdoor conditions.

You mentioned dumping a small amount of E85 in there to boost the octane some. Have you tried that? I heard that burns really hot.
I used to run 5gal at a fill up all the time in my 2v stang, your not going to hurt it with that. Give it a try and as a matter of fact a tune and larger injectors and you can run e85 all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #249
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

Question..... Since the Throttle Cable is too short from the GT why can't you use a v6 cable from say a 95? Wouldn't it be longer since it travels over to the passenger side of the car? I know the 97 GT's throttle cable doesn't travel very far so why can't the v6's cable be used?
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #250
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95v686gt View Post
Question..... Since the Throttle Cable is too short from the GT why can't you use a v6 cable from say a 95? Wouldn't it be longer since it travels over to the passenger side of the car? I know the 97 GT's throttle cable doesn't travel very far so why can't the v6's cable be used?
You will need a Mark Cable as it has a lock on the cable it self for its bracket.

How is the tuning training going? Needing someone to look at my tune file and give me full access to it. My tuner set my file to 7k but it wont change my ECM. Im not sure why or whats going on. But I would like to have everything that user adjustable open for me to look at. And to make sure it is for a Manual and not Auto.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:29 AM   #251
Registered Member
Regular

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone that is into or knows someone that is into RC Trucks? Looking to sell my Nitro Monster Truck. PM me if anyone knows.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #252
Registered Member
Regular

Still getting enrolled and all. But when I do get some info for you I'll help you out
Old 09-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #253
Lorraine's driver

Regular

My wife was laughing at me for walking around telling her I was gonna "swell up" and do a clutch replacement all by myself. Ha! I'm actually glad my warranty covered my tranny and so Ford will be doing the labor of my clutch replacement. I want to learn more before I do something like that by myself. My closest friend lives an hour away or I'd have help. As soon as my son gets older, we are gonna get to wrenching. I want him to be a fully capable motor head.

P.S. I'd be hanging out and learning from you guys if we lived closer.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #254
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
My wife was laughing at me for walking around telling her I was gonna "swell up" and do a clutch replacement all by myself. Ha! I'm actually glad my warranty covered my tranny and so Ford will be doing the labor of my clutch replacement. I want to learn more before I do something like that by myself. My closest friend lives an hour away or I'd have help. As soon as my son gets older, we are gonna get to wrenching. I want him to be a fully capable motor head.

Where you live azure?
taylor98gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #255
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Live in Brownsburg, IN. Essentially Indianapolis.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #256
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Live in Brownsburg, IN. Essentially Indianapolis.
I'll be in Indy this month. Going to visit a relative, then to comic con in Ohio. Just a short weekend trip.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #257
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vNomad View Post

I'll be in Indy this month. Going to visit a relative, then to comic con in Ohio. Just a short weekend trip.
Is the comic con the one where they intro new online/pc/console games?
Old 09-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #258
Registered Member
Regular

No its like a big meet and greet with actors and things. I'm gonna try to meet Stan Lee.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #259
Registered Member
Regular

lol From mustangs to comics.....yep we are nerds lol
Old 09-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #260
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Its not that hard my man.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #261
Registered Member
Regular

So this thread seems to be dying.... Im posting some other vids. We need some photos 95v686gt. So get on that. Parts and pieces would be nice. This weekend I'm hoping to get a ride along video.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #262
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
So this thread seems to be dying.... Im posting some other vids. We need some photos 95v686gt. So get on that. Parts and pieces would be nice. This weekend I'm hoping to get a ride along video.

I'm almost done viewing your highlights vid. Why do you need to reverse the wiring for the COP harness and the alternator? Just curious.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:17 AM   #263
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm almost done viewing your highlights vid. Why do you need to reverse the wiring for the COP harness and the alternator? Just curious.
The coils have a reversed polarity as is the same as the alternator.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #264
Lorraine's driver

Regular

It would be really cool to edit your video and add pictures from your write-up and show them when your talking about that part of the process. There might be other pics you took during the swap that might work too. It would be a really cool video.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #265
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It would be really cool to edit your video and add pictures from your write-up and show them when your talking about that part of the process. There might be other pics you took during the swap that might work too. It would be a really cool video.
Make like a movie of sorts. I hhad thought of that at the time but was by myself a lot of the time. So I had no camera man.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #266
Registered Member
Regular

Well looks like its still quiet Azure. I thought I might have got a conversation with the videos. Might have to make another thread.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:20 AM   #267
Lorraine's driver

Regular

So Nomad, is there anything at all left to do on your ride related to your swap?
Old 09-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #268
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So Nomad, is there anything at all left to do on your ride related to your swap?
Well I'd like to get it on a dyno before I put it up for the winter see if I can fine tune it and see where I will end up. That will dictate what I do this winter. I'm looking into having my block re-sleeved. I'm thinking on going 3.70in pistons to give me the 302ci. Not sure though. I do want to get a base dyno to see what my head work has did. I do have C heads to work on this winter as well. I've did decided to get a good set of cams though. Since My pistons are technically dished I dont worry of a high lift cam. My valve relief is my dish.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #269
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

Well I'd like to get it on a dyno before I put it up for the winter see if I can fine tune it and see where I will end up. That will dictate what I do this winter. I'm looking into having my block re-sleeved. I'm thinking on going 3.70in pistons to give me the 302ci. Not sure though. I do want to get a base dyno to see what my head work has did. I do have C heads to work on this winter as well. I've did decided to get a good set of cams though. Since My pistons are technically dished I dont worry of a high lift cam. My valve relief is my dish.
Yeah I'd like to know what HP your at too. Are you going pretty aggressive with the cams?
Old 09-09-2012, 03:01 AM   #270
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I'd like to know what HP your at too. Are you going pretty aggressive with the cams?
Not that aggressive where it will barely run but will be noticable. I wouldn't mind getting that hi lift Ford Racing cam kit.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/m/part.asp?p=5637
Old 09-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #271
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

Not that aggressive where it will barely run but will be noticable. I wouldn't mind getting that hi lift Ford Racing cam kit.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/m/part.asp?p=5637
Yes, that's a cool kit. Would you need to change anything to support the FR cam kit? I'd like to hear what that would sound like. :drool:
Old 09-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #272
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes, that's a cool kit. Would you need to change anything to support the FR cam kit? I'd like to hear what that would sound like. :drool:
I would just change out the parts that come with the kit. then retune the car for the new cams.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #273
Registered Member
Regular

Check this out Azure. BTW what car is that on that sign? Because if its a Prius then I'm revoking your man card, and Mustang creds lol.

Cammed Mach 1 1/4 mile Run
Old 09-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #274
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Check this out Azure. BTW what car is that on that sign? Because if its a Prius then I'm revoking your man card, and Mustang creds lol.

Cammed Mach 1 1/4 mile Run
Lmao, yes indeed, it is a Prius. It is my punishment for not insisting on a different rental car while my car is getting a new tranny.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Ooooo! I want that for my Mach!
Old 09-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #275
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Hehe get a cam for that Prius ;P
Mustang936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #276
Registered Member
Regular

Im updating the write up today I had took some new photo of the thermostat housing. I think Im going to add 2 more at timing because Im getting some rough startups. Seems to be running alittle on the rich side. I've notice a miss at around the 2k mark especially in 3rd and 4th. Funny its not causing a CEL but its there, kinda feels like your pulling a trailer thats tugging on you. Its not rapid but just slight random tugs. And some back fires on shift from first to second to third (not all the time) as well as on the decel. I really need to invest in the SCT software. Just Bugs that need to be worked out.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #277
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang936 View Post
Hehe get a cam for that Prius ;P
Lol, how funny would that be!
Old 09-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #278
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Im updating the write up today I had took some new photo of the thermostat housing. I think Im going to add 2 more at timing because Im getting some rough startups. Seems to be running alittle on the rich side. I've notice a miss at around the 2k mark especially in 3rd and 4th. Funny its not causing a CEL but its there, kinda feels like your pulling a trailer thats tugging on you. Its not rapid but just slight random tugs. And some back fires on shift from first to second to third (not all the time) as well as on the decel. I really need to invest in the SCT software. Just Bugs that need to be worked out.
I have experienced that before, but not since I cleaned my IAC and MAF. That could be a coicidence, though. I can't remember what RPM or gear for sure. i just remember the feeling you described and have had occasional backfires.

Also, when it comes to re-learning idle and fuel trim, I saw one thread where they said you need to do a few WOT early on after reconnecting the battery and running the engine. Don't know if I believe that.

The first thing I'm doing when I get my car back is changing the spark plugs. I don't think mine are wrong neccessarily, I just want to go with what many have suggested on the mach1registry.org. The consensus is if your tuning, go slightly colder than the stockers. I found this website while search in that forum...

ModularHeadShop Articles on Spark Plugs

I'm going to go with the NGK TR6's. Now, didn't you suggest NGK's? I remember you mentioned one that had a longer thread that went further in the cyclinder...?
Old 09-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #279
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have experienced that before, but not since I cleaned my IAC and MAF. That could be a coicidence, though. I can't remember what RPM or gear for sure. i just remember the feeling you described and have had occasional backfires.
I cleaned the MAF and air temp sensor and my IAC is new. I have noticed the since Ive gotten some running times the delayed idle down has calmed down quite a bit. It acts more like me GT did.

Quote:
I'm going to go with the NGK TR6's. Now, didn't you suggest NGK's? I remember you mentioned one that had a longer thread that went further in the cyclinder...?
Yes I did, I found compared to the Motorcraft/Autolite (I said Autolite because they are made from the same supply) the NGK had a higher thread count. I probably be switching to copper core NGK. But as for colder plugs those should be used for FI applications.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #280
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
I cleaned the MAF and air temp sensor and my IAC is new. I have noticed the since Ive gotten some running times the delayed idle down has calmed down quite a bit. It acts more like me GT did.

Yes I did, I found compared to the Motorcraft/Autolite (I said Autolite because they are made from the same supply) the NGK had a higher thread count. I probably be switching to copper core NGK. But as for colder plugs those should be used for FI applications.
Yup, I'm gonna switch then. NGK's have a solid rep too. Right now I have Autolite 104's. They helped my pinging a little. It will be a while before I can get back to working on my tune. I'll have to heed the break-in period of my clutch and tranny.

I agree, I wish I had the software too. Nothing against Bama. I think Bama will get it right once we get back on it. I just like more control of my situation.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT