97 GT 32V Swap - Page 9 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #281
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Yup, I'm gonna switch then. NGK's have a solid rep too. Right now I have Autolite 104's. They helped my pinging a little. It will be a while before I can get back to working on my tune. I'll have to heed the break-in period of my clutch and tranny.

I agree, I wish I had the software too. Nothing against Bama. I think Bama will get it right once we get back on it. I just like more control of my situation.
Funny thing you would think that because the 4v was available that Bama would have a better hold on NA 4 valves. I understand that the Mach was a limited edition but the mustang has had a DOHC available since 96. I mean I'm having my issues but think its more component related. I think a stock Mach would not pose a big issue. The platnium plug is a great plug don't get me wrong but its more of a mileage thing (longevity) the copper top will have a better conductivity. So I'm going to swap out when I can.
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #282
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Just to let ya guys know I'm still following this thread it's real good guys keep up the good work...
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #283
Registered Member
Regular

So now that the summer for some of us is at its end, and time to put our lovely steeds in there stable. What are some of the updates you guys have? I was hoping to keep this thread going but it seems to have come to and end. I was hoping on inspiring more people to do the swap but I find just that people still just start threads without looking, to only be answered by people with the same negative comments and let downs. Before I put the car up for the winter I will be sure to have a ride along video made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #284
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vNomad
So now that the summer for some of us is at its end, and time to put our lovely steeds in there stable. What are some of the updates you guys have? I was hoping to keep this thread going but it seems to have come to and end. I was hoping on inspiring more people to do the swap but I find just that people still just start threads without looking, to only be answered by people with the same negative comments and let downs. Before I put the car up for the winter I will be sure to have a ride along video made.
This thread can't end I have followed this all the way. I so want to do this but as always money is needed lol darn
sally2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #285
Lorraine's driver

Regular

I've been thinking about this and wondering if it's because you have to download the write-up. There are way more mobile users than I would have thought. These people would likely not download this to there device. Maybe you can start a thread and transfer your write-up in the thread? I realize this is a ton of work.

Have faith, you did a ton of good work in your write-up. I'm sure popularity will increase.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #286
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've been thinking about this and wondering if it's because you have to download the write-up. There are way more mobile users than I would have thought. These people would likely not download this to there device. Maybe you can start a thread and transfer your write-up in the thread? I realize this is a ton of work.

Have faith, you did a ton of good work in your write-up. I'm sure popularity will increase.
+1000
Old 09-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #287
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I thought about that two. The issue I think it would, is that the way the pictures are displayed on the mobile app. I think it maybe hard to follow... or see the photos even maybe tough. I know you can veiw it without downloading it at least I can on my android. But you raise a good point. I wish there was a way that I can host it on a site. Actually should look in to it.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #288
Lorraine's driver

Regular

You what would work good for phones & tablets? If it was a web page. That's easy to do in Word. What I'm getting at is maybe it can be saved a HTML and added to ME's Mustang Articles...? This is accessed from ME's main page at the top. You'd have to ask the owners, but this would be a great addition to the article group. I'm sure you could submit updates too.

Check out the articles main page...

http://www.mustangevolution.com/cate...tang-articles/
Old 09-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #289
Registered Member
Regular

I think your on to something azure because that's all I have is the new iPhone and iPad never got a new laptop because I put my money in other things instead of getting a new one... So I'm sorry I don't know much anyways...
Old 09-28-2012, 05:31 AM   #290
Registered Member
Regular

So I found that my internet company allows me to have a web page. So I'm reformatting the write-up and adding some more photos, and info. I'll keep ya posted
Old 09-28-2012, 05:38 AM   #291
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vNomad View Post
So I found that my internet company allows me to have a web page. So I'm reformatting the write-up and adding some more photos, and info. I'll keep ya posted
Right on!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #292
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
The thread isn't dead. I'm still doing my swap. I just had personal issue that came up that had to be dealt with. Plus no internet sucks. I am in the process of sourcing some good stuff and also I have another mark viii car given to me with the DOHC engine intact. I will be doing a late model super charger swap on it. I've been keeping my swap engine turned and it has about 60 lbs of oil pressure with the starter turning it. Not bad. But I'm back!!!!!!!
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #293
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Glad your back man. I'm glad this thread isn't dead too. I'm wanting to see how your build goes.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #294
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95v686gt View Post
The thread isn't dead. I'm still doing my swap. I just had personal issue that came up that had to be dealt with. Plus no internet sucks. I am in the process of sourcing some good stuff and also I have another mark viii car given to me with the DOHC engine intact. I will be doing a late model super charger swap on it. I've been keeping my swap engine turned and it has about 60 lbs of oil pressure with the starter turning it. Not bad. But I'm back!!!!!!!
please no heaton eaton lol. good to see ya back!! as for supercharging why not procharge it
Old 10-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #295
Registered Member
Regular

I'd like to retain the factory look. And the procharger isn't factory. So that leaves me with the Eaton Roush or a Kenne Bell. So yeah the Eaton is a last resort. Also been looking at a kit that uses your A/C system and pipes it into the cooling system of the car. Since I plan to run a water to air intercooler I'm thinking about making sure its piped into the intercooler first. Will make for a cold charge going into the engine.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #296
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95v686gt
I'd like to retain the factory look. And the procharger isn't factory. So that leaves me with the Eaton Roush or a Kenne Bell. So yeah the Eaton is a last resort. Also been looking at a kit that uses your A/C system and pipes it into the cooling system of the car. Since I plan to run a water to air intercooler I'm thinking about making sure its piped into the intercooler first. Will make for a cold charge going into the engine.
I'm just not into adding more issues to my design. Adding extra resoviors and hoses,etc and settling for an inferior intercooling design isn't something I care to do. Timing covers are different there's a list that is long that goes with it. I'm not one for that myself. KB's are nice but id rather have a slick Mach 1 setup with a procharger D series under the hood. With an air to air setup using CO2 on the intercooler.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #297
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm just not into adding more issues to my design. Adding extra resoviors and hoses,etc and settling for an inferior intercooling design isn't something I care to do. Timing covers are different there's a list that is long that goes with it. I'm not one for that myself. KB's are nice but id rather have a slick Mach 1 setup with a procharger D series under the hood. With an air to air setup using CO2 on the intercooler.
I just want to be different but still maintain the factory look. With the kit it all looks like it belongs there plus no one will ever know otherwise unless they read this thread. lol
Old 10-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #298
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just want to be different but still maintain the factory look. With the kit it all looks like it belongs there plus no one will ever know otherwise unless they read this thread. lol
Well its not really different to throw on a on the top blower. And are you gonna go with the whole Cobra copy, because that will be key... But page 5 on this thread show the setup im going for. Mach 1 Setup with procharger.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #299
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well its not really different to throw on a on the top blower. And are you gonna go with the whole Cobra copy, because that will be key... But page 5 on this thread show the setup im going for. Mach 1 Setup with procharger.
I'm still planning that engine build all out. I'm going to test the theory of these blocks and how much they can hold. This other engine I plan to go completely wild on a piece at a time. First major thing is getting it out and completely tore down. But my focus right now is on getting the other DOHC in the car so that I can drive it before the winter hits and I have to keep it parked.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #300
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95v686gt

I'm still planning that engine build all out. I'm going to test the theory of these blocks and how much they can hold. This other engine I plan to go completely wild on a piece at a time. First major thing is getting it out and completely tore down. But my focus right now is on getting the other DOHC in the car so that I can drive it before the winter hits and I have to keep it parked.
Well for me I'm already planning a 5.4L DOHC stroker. Using a navi block. I'm thinking of trying it all motor. Its either that or big boring my teskid.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #301
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Well for me I'm already planning a 5.4L DOHC stroker. Using a navi block. I'm thinking of trying it all motor. Its either that or big boring my teskid.
That would be pretty BA. I think they can produce some major torque.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #302
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That would be pretty BA. I think they can produce some major torque.
Hey how did you become a moderator?
Old 10-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #303
Registered Member
Regular

Something I assumed to be was not. I assumed that the 03-04 Cobra had a 6 bolt main. 4 on top 2 on side. Turns out no it does not. Its is a 2v romeo block and was the same service block until 2006 when they made changes. Only the aluminum Romeo block has 6 bolt mains. Pretty groovy. Still looking for a price to get my block sleeved with matching 3.70 pistons.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #304
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Something I assumed to be was not. I assumed that the 03-04 Cobra had a 6 bolt main. 4 on top 2 on side. Turns out no it does not. Its is a 2v romeo block and was the same service block until 2006 when they made changes. Only the aluminum Romeo block has 6 bolt mains. Pretty groovy. Still looking for a price to get my block sleeved with matching 3.70 pistons.
Your current teksid block in your ride now? You really are having a little winter project, aren't you?
Old 10-20-2012, 01:30 AM   #305
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Your current teksid block in your ride now? You really are having a little winter project, aren't you?
Yeah I've gotta do some things. Gotta change out the lifters and **** I've burnt 2qts of oil yet nothing out the pipe that I can see. But no leaks. 2qts in 3k but still with only 4k on the motor that's quite enough. Gonna tear the intake off to see if its blow by. I did gage my rings big for fi so it is expected. But we'll see. There is a light knock when cold but goes away when hot. So I dunno could be just piston slap but starting easy first lol. The lifters I know are talking so ill start with them.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #306
Registered Member
Regular

My buddy had a 5.4L swap new edge. Was a good car til the guy wrecked it into a tree. So now he is talking about swapping it into his current new edge ride.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #307
Registered Member
Regular

I figured that I throw up an album of my Tumble Port heads

Cobra C heads
Old 10-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #308
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I figured that I throw up an album of my Tumble Port heads

Cobra C heads
Nice!! Just scored a set of LT's and a x pipe to match for my project. It's nice to have good friends!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #309
Registered Member
Regular

Well kids I may have found a Mach intake for my C heads on the cheap. So we will see what happens this winter. Currently I'm chassing a fuel issue on my winter beater so my stead is enjoying her rest. I officially named her this year after 6 yrs. Her name is Christine.

Attachment 74463
Old 11-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #310
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Awesome!

Ya know, looking out the window and seeing Christine out there like that...kinda reminds me of seeing the cute girl next door outside and how you'd dream about her.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #311
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Awesome!

Ya know, looking out the window and seeing Christine out there like that...kinda reminds me of seeing the cute girl next door outside and how you'd dream about her.
That could be taken in so many ways..... LMAO!!!

Waiting on my LT's and x pipe to get here then I'm slapping this engine in intake or not. I got to get something done with it since I polished up the timing cover and painted the valve covers so now I'm bored!!!!

Oh and FYI Stock k member and LT's do not get along very well. The driver's side of the K has to be modded for clearances.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #312
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

That could be taken in so many ways..... LMAO!!!

Waiting on my LT's and x pipe to get here then I'm slapping this engine in intake or not. I got to get something done with it since I polished up the timing cover and painted the valve covers so now I'm bored!!!!

Oh and FYI Stock k member and LT's do not get along very well. The driver's side of the K has to be modded for clearances.
Eeew, now that I read it, your right. Lol

I hope you find your intake soon. When I was laying on the garage floor adjusting my clutch cable I noticed how heafty the stock K's look compared to aftermarkets. How much of a weight drop do they give you?
Old 11-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #313
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Eeew, now that I read it, your right. Lol

I hope you find your intake soon. When I was laying on the garage floor adjusting my clutch cable I noticed how heafty the stock K's look compared to aftermarkets. How much of a weight drop do they give you?
I'd say a fair amount if you go tubular K.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #314
Registered Member
Regular

I don't recommend any k member on a dd. I thought about it myself but the 35lbs you save isn't enough for me to loose structural rigidity. Lts are a tight fit that's why I went with the mids. Lol so many desicions out there
Old 11-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #315
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
I don't recommend any k member on a dd. I thought about it myself but the 35lbs you save isn't enough for me to loose structural rigidity. Lts are a tight fit that's why I went with the mids. Lol so many desicions out there
Crazy it's only ~35lbs. Yup, I think I've heard that from some other members. Maximum Motorsports, I heard, was the only one that even mentions its good for DD use. Don't quote me on that though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT