97 GT 32V Swap - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 768
95v686gt is unknown around these parts
Day 1:
Picked the car and engine up. Engine and trans only had 50k miles on it. Very good compression. Loaded it all up and brought it home. Missing the headlight bar from what I can see. Tomorrow is sorting cleaning and prepping the body for the swap. Hopefully there won't be too much missing. Scored aftermarket tail lights headlights and markets. Oh and we busted the neutral safety switch loading the engine and trans up. Hopefully that's all that needs to be fixed. So we will continue this tomorrow.

Day 2:

Got everything sorted.... H pipe and exhaust is here, radiator extra power steering pump, a/c compressors, but still no header panel oh well junkyard here has them in. 2 wiring harnesses which will come in handy when extending the GT's original harness for certain plugs. So far iac tps and a few other sensors will have their plugs extended. I'm going to use the back mounted tb til I can find a cobra or later mark 8 intake to swap with. So far things are going smooth and not much is needed.
__________________

__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vegas97gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 190
Vegas97gt is unknown around these parts
Do you mean the headlight mount panel aka header panel? Made out of fiber glass?
__________________

__________________
Vegas97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 768
95v686gt is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas97gt
Do you mean the headlight mount panel aka header panel? Made out of fiber glass?
Yeah it's always been the headlight bar to me but it works..
__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 768
95v686gt is unknown around these parts
Got nothing done today. Was a busy day here at the shop. On a side note why is it the lock and window switch panels people gotta break them? Just don't get it. I finally get the ones in my 95 fixed and the drivers door in the gt has been broke and they caked silcone of all things on it!!!
__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 768
95v686gt is unknown around these parts
Got the wiring harness fuel injectors and mark 8 fuel rail on. Stripped off the engine mounts and the mark 8 starter harness. There's a few plugs that I'm unsure of where they go but so far everything has plugged right up. Now they say you just got to extend the gt's tps plug and iac and they are right. I recommend getting your extensions from the mark 8 harness so you only got the one splice in each wire and the color code on the wires stays the same. As for the imrc on the intake I'm just going to wire it open but the funny thing is I'm not finding the imrc motor? The heater hose is another problem but I don't see why you can't cut the pipes on the engine down so that they can be inline with the heater core.
__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 768
95v686gt is unknown around these parts
Well I hit a snag. I need to change the intake to the later style mark 8 with the side mount throttle body. Also have to get all the duct work for the air intake along withe the maf sensor... Well this was expected due to the fact of the old 4.6L 2v wasn't with the car. Alot of the posts say I need the oil pan and pick up tube but I'm not really seeing why it won't work. If anybody has any input please chime in
__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
Azure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,385
Azure is unknown around these parts
Got no help for you, but following along and enjoying the updates.
__________________
Checkout Lorraine, my 2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Instagram: @azurebluemach
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 768
95v686gt is unknown around these parts
Thanks. Did find out that this intakes imrc's are vacuum controlled so theres no electric motor that i can find on the engine. Think ill see about swapping them onto the late model intake. Spent the day at pullapart. Their inventory said that they had a 1997 mark 8 drove 45 mins get there and the "1997" is actually a 1996 with the same intake as I got. That was sucky except I got the hood latch. Header panel was busted. Yep suck a$$ day. No progress to report except I got a intake on my watch list on eBay. Hopefully I can get it and get this beast roaring out those single chamber flows!!!!
__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 768
95v686gt is unknown around these parts
Gonna pull the upper intake and see if maybe I can swap it without changing the lower. Keep your fingers crossed
__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mathew r Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 470
Mathew r Wright is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95v686gt
Gonna pull the upper intake and see if maybe I can swap it without changing the lower. Keep your fingers crossed
Hey aren't you the one that was doing the 96' 32v swap?.. I was wondering why I hadn't herd or seen any post, now I got you in my sights again. Ha ha...
__________________
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:27 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 768
95v686gt is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew r Wright

Hey aren't you the one that was doing the 96' 32v swap?.. I was wondering why I hadn't herd or seen any post, now I got you in my sights again. Ha ha...
Yep that's me.
__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 768
95v686gt is unknown around these parts
Time for a update... Still in the hunt for the intake manifold. Friend of mine is giving me his cobra exhaust manifolds since he is putting on LT headers. So that's one last obstacle overcame. On a brighter note the car is nice and clean now with the dash and carpet cleaned up actually looks decent. And the meguilars all tire and wheel cleaner works wonders on aluminum rims. They actually look brand new. So back to the hunt for the intake!!!

Also looking at possibly swapping the cams out while the engine is still out. If it's financially feasible. Think a good set of intake and exhaust cams might just wake it up a little to hold it's own with the big brother cobras out there.
__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
32vNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 654
32vNomad is unknown around these parts
Re: 97 GT 32V Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95v686gt View Post
Time for a update... Still in the hunt for the intake manifold. Friend of mine is giving me his cobra exhaust manifolds since he is putting on LT headers. So that's one last obstacle overcame. On a brighter note the car is nice and clean now with the dash and carpet cleaned up actually looks decent. And the meguilars all tire and wheel cleaner works wonders on aluminum rims. They actually look brand new. So back to the hunt for the intake!!!

Also looking at possibly swapping the cams out while the engine is still out. If it's financially feasible. Think a good set of intake and exhaust cams might just wake it up a little to hold it's own with the big brother cobras out there.
What are you looking to spend? Now are you looking for a 96-98 Cobra intake, or would you take a 97-98 Mark VIII intake?
__________________
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 768
95v686gt is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vNomad

What are you looking to spend? Now are you looking for a 96-98 Cobra intake, or would you take a 97-98 Mark VIII intake?
Right now I'm at the point to where I'd deal withthe mark 8 intake
__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 768
95v686gt is unknown around these parts
Time for a update.... Found a intake finally!!! 70 bucks including shipping so now I get to strip off the old one and get this one on. Been contemplating taking a set of 2v lt's and making 4v flanges welded to them. Think it will work? Also found a complete SLP stainless exhaust system for 300 bucks. From headers to tips!!!
__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:16 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
TopgearGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 177
TopgearGT is unknown around these parts
Re: 97 GT 32V Swap

Where are you finding all these deals! My project is going so slow cause i have to buy everything brand new when a used part will do just fine! 300 dollars for a full exhaust including headers?!?! thats awesome!
__________________
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/users/25023-albums2837-17413.jpg
CSVT and 02 GT!
TopgearGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 768
95v686gt is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgearGT
Where are you finding all these deals! My project is going so slow cause i have to buy everything brand new when a used part will do just fine! 300 dollars for a full exhaust including headers?!?! thats awesome!
Junkyard actually. I didn't believe it til I seen them all nice and shiny. Then rummaged thru the car and found a receipt for 3k worth of exhaust mods!!

Oh and just so everyone knows if somebody tells you that the back mount throttle body intake will work they are lying!! It does not clear the firewall in a sn95. I don't know about the new edge but I know it won't my cars. You would have to cut out a serious chunk of the firewall. And I'm still iffy on why they say the side saddle oil pan won't work. Still not seeing anything that would hit it just yet.
__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 768
95v686gt is unknown around these parts
And topgear call around or take a drive to some junkyards in your area. You can find all kinds of stuff just by walking thru their yards. I'd recommend grabbing a mark 8 radiator and cooling fan also. Much better than our mustang and cobra stuff from what I have read and researched. But that's what I do I'll take a day once a month and just walk the local yards and see what I can find.
__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
32vNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 654
32vNomad is unknown around these parts
Re: 97 GT 32V Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95v686gt View Post
And topgear call around or take a drive to some junkyards in your area. You can find all kinds of stuff just by walking thru their yards. I'd recommend grabbing a mark 8 radiator and cooling fan also. Much better than our mustang and cobra stuff from what I have read and researched. But that's what I do I'll take a day once a month and just walk the local yards and see what I can find.
Actually its smaller in overall size for the radiator. I run my stock radiator from my new edge and it runs just as my 2v with no issues. and that's with it in the 90's out. there is something that will come up. Now Im not sure if its the same with yours, but in my new edge I had an issue with the thermostat housing. It would interfere with the hydo stat line/ power steering line when I tried to set it up like the mark. Also the lower hose from the mark wont work right. I had to by some hoses but some are hard to get. Also the heater core lines come to be a problem. Using any Lincoln passenger side valve cover will bring issue with the heater core. Oh make sure to get a heater pipe for the rear from a cobra 98-01 or mach 1 03-04.



I used a cobra heater hose set from CJ pony, but if you can get a cover from a mach one set up that will work much better for you and you should be able to use your stock heater hoses.

On the thermostat housing I set mine up like this.




Got a mach 1 upper to radiator hose and engine to housing hose
Bypass to housing hose #22561 its a gates number
from housing to radiator #20887. you can get these both from an O'reilly's

there were a bunch of little over sites on the swap that were never mentioned in any right up that I have read. I will be doing one myself when I get all the bugs worked out.
__________________
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
Azure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,385
Azure is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vNomad

Actually its smaller in overall size for the radiator. I run my stock radiator from my new edge and it runs just as my 2v with no issues. and that's with it in the 90's out. there is something that will come up. Now Im not sure if its the same with yours, but in my new edge I had an issue with the thermostat housing. It would interfere with the hydo stat line/ power steering line when I tried to set it up like the mark. Also the lower hose from the mark wont work right. I had to by some hoses but some are hard to get. Also the heater core lines come to be a problem. Using any Lincoln passenger side valve cover will bring issue with the heater core. Oh make sure to get a heater pipe for the rear from a cobra 98-01 or mach 1 03-04.

I used a cobra heater hose set from CJ pony, but if you can get a cover from a mach one set up that will work much better for you and you should be able to use your stock heater hoses.

On the thermostat housing I set mine up like this.

Got a mach 1 upper to radiator hose and engine to housing hose
Bypass to housing hose #22561 its a gates number
from housing to radiator #20887. you can get these both from an O'reilly's

there were a bunch of little over sites on the swap that were never mentioned in any right up that I have read. I will be doing one myself when I get all the bugs worked out.
They should make your write-up a sticky.
__________________
Checkout Lorraine, my 2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Instagram: @azurebluemach
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
32vNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 654
32vNomad is unknown around these parts
Re: 97 GT 32V Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
They should make your write-up a sticky.
Well hopefully they do. I have to write it first lol. I just have to have the time to sit and get my photos in order and what nots. then the time to get it all out of my head.
__________________
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
Azure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,385
Azure is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vNomad

Well hopefully they do. I have to write it first lol. I just have to have the time to sit and get my photos in order and what nots. then the time to get it all out of my head.
I think the 96 - 04 forum needs to have more tech sticky's. I believe we have the largest number of members in the whole forum, so we should have plenty of info. I know this is a lot to ask being that we have jobs, etc.
__________________
Checkout Lorraine, my 2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Instagram: @azurebluemach
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 768
95v686gt is unknown around these parts
Agreed. With everyones knowledge here there's plenty of little tips and tricks we all could benefit from.
__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
32vNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 654
32vNomad is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

I think the 96 - 04 forum needs to have more tech sticky's. I believe we have the largest number of members in the whole forum, so we should have plenty of info. I know this is a lot to ask being that we have jobs, etc.
Most defiantly I find it sad that there isn't that much CORRECT knowledge base. I feel these forums are full of misinformed people passing bad info. That, and smug people. Those that claim they did that or built that, for which it was a shop that actually did. Forums are full of that, magazine quoting crap, name brand fanboys, and many negative closed minded trolls. I hope when this write-up is done people won't be afraid to do a swap. I'm glad to have found people that are eager to learn and actually can appreciate things.
__________________
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 768
95v686gt is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vNomad

Most defiantly I find it said that there isn't that much CORRECT knowledge base. I feel these forums are full of misinformed people passing bad info. That, and smug people. Those that claim they did that or built that, for which it was a shop that actually did. Forums are full of that, magazine quoting crap, name brand fanboys, and many negative closed minded trolls. I hope when this write-up is done people won't be afraid to do a swap. I'm glad to have found people that are eager to learn and actually can appreciate thing.
+10000000000 so true!!! I am doing the swap myself and I'm not afraid of being told something isn't right or telling someone they are wrong either. My dad said the day we stop learning is the day we are laid in that coffin for our last ride.
__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
32vNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 654
32vNomad is unknown around these parts
I started the swap almost 4 years ago. I wanted something that wasn't the norm, plus a full engine build from bottom up experience. I worked at a auto service shop for a few years, did all kinds of repairs but never a complete engine build from ground up. So I took that challenge. Yeah I could have got the 2v cams and blower yada, yada but then what? Still has a limit on hp and a shorter lifespan. So I went with a lightweight block forged internals setup for futures in forced induction, and made it upgradable. I do have a set of C heads on my shelf but I wanna see what I can do with the setup I have. Engines builds and swaps are not for everyone. I would ask for those that are not able to tackle these feats that you don't discourage those that want to try. I feel there is so much positive knowledge out there to share and we should let it flow. I'm sorry for the rant and or the length but I had to say something for, that someone who wants to try and so they can be encouraged to do so.

Attachment 57430
__________________
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
Azure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,385
Azure is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vNomad

Most defiantly I find it said that there isn't that much CORRECT knowledge base. I feel these forums are full of misinformed people passing bad info. That, and smug people. Those that claim they did that or built that, for which it was a shop that actually did. Forums are full of that, magazine quoting crap, name brand fanboys, and many negative closed minded trolls. I hope when this write-up is done people won't be afraid to do a swap. I'm glad to have found people that are eager to learn and actually can appreciate thing.
+ me too!

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vNomad
I started the swap almost 4 years ago. I wanted something that wasn't the norm, plus a full engine build from bottom up experience. I worked at a auto service shop for a few years, did all kinds of repairs but never a compleate engine build from ground up. So I took that challenge. Yeah I could have got the 2v cams and blower yada, yada but then what? Still has a limit on hp and a shorter lifespan. So I went with a lightweight block forged internals setup for futures in forced induction, and made it upgradible. I do have a set of C heads on my self but I wanna see what I can do with the setup I have. Engines builds and swaps are not for everyone. I would ask for those that are not able to tackle these feats that you don't disscourage those that want to try. I feel there is so much positive knowledge out there to share and we should let it flow. I'm sorry for the rant and or the length but I had to say something for, that someone who wants to try and so they can be incouraged to do so.
I may not do a swap, but I'm learning a ton about the new edges and 2V & 4V engines. Plus knowledge that I can use on my own ride. My son is gonna be 9 and I hope by the time he's ready for his first car we can dig into to a project we can do together for him to drive and have fun with.
__________________
Checkout Lorraine, my 2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Instagram: @azurebluemach
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
32vNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 654
32vNomad is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

+ me too!

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------



I may not do a swap, but I'm learning a ton about the new edges and 2V & 4V engines. Plus knowledge that I can use on my own ride. My son is gonna be 9 and I hope by the time he's ready for his first car we can dig into to a project we can do together for him to drive and have fun with.
+1 to that. Hopefully its a mustang project car lol.
__________________
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 768
95v686gt is unknown around these parts
+1 to that!!! Maybe even a ltd with late model power!!!
__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
32vNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 654
32vNomad is unknown around these parts
Re: 97 GT 32V Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95v686gt View Post
Time for a update.... Found a intake finally!!! 70 bucks including shipping so now I get to strip off the old one and get this one on. Been contemplating taking a set of 2v lt's and making 4v flanges welded to them. Think it will work? Also found a complete SLP stainless exhaust system for 300 bucks. From headers to tips!!!
Hey just FYI you have to use the TB for the mark intake of the car wont idle it will start and die. I had a Mach 1 TB and learned the hard way.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I think the 96 - 04 forum needs to have more tech sticky's. I believe we have the largest number of members in the whole forum, so we should have plenty of info. I know this is a lot to ask being that we have jobs, etc.
Im going to start the sticky tonight, it may be awhile but if you have questions just pm me. You guys could send me a friends request as well.
__________________
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
Azure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,385
Azure is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vNomad

Hey just FYI you have to use the TB for the mark intake of the car wont idle it will start and die. I had a Mach 1 TB and learned the hard way.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------



Im going to start the sticky tonight, it may be awhile but if you have questions just pm me. You guys could send me a friends request as well.
Right on bro!
__________________
Checkout Lorraine, my 2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Instagram: @azurebluemach
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 768
95v686gt is unknown around these parts
I had planned on the mark tb. I read where you had issues with it.
__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
32vNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 654
32vNomad is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95v686gt
I had planned on the mark tb. I read where you had issues with it.
I scratched my head for days. I had at one time the Mark tb but an associate scrapped it on me without my knowledge. But the Mach TB I have was the issue. Now that I put the right intake on there is no issues. I do hate how when you come to a stop it will idle at 1k then down to desiered idle. I've drove it the other day and let me say down low its not happening. Don't notice a change but starting at mid it doesn't stop pulling. Far better feel than the 2v up top. I am thinking of going to 4.10's though to compansate but not positive on that yet. I'm running 3.73's now. But I'm gonna wait until I get a tune and then see. I'm thinking though that this winter I maybe looking at swapping to my C heads. So keep an eye out because I might be putting my B's up for sale. With the whole setup. Also my B's are ported on exhaust. I'll sell the whole package with rail and injectors to work with the returnless line.



Attachment 57564

Anyway that's when I do.
__________________
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
Azure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,385
Azure is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vNomad

I scratched my head for days. I had at one time the Mark tb but an associate scrapped it on me without my knowledge. But the Mach TB I have was the issue. Now that I put the right intake on there is no issues. I do hate how when you come to a stop it will idle at 1k then down to desiered idle. I've drove it the other day and let me say down low its not happening. Don't notice a change but starting at mid it doesn't stop pulling. Far better feel than the 2v up top. I am thinking of going to 4.10's though to compansate but not positive on that yet. I'm running 3.73's now. But I'm gonna wait until I get a tune and then see. I'm thinking though that this winter I maybe looking at swapping to my C heads. So keep an eye out because I might be putting my B's up for sale. With the whole setup. Also my B's are ported on exhaust. I'll sell the whole package with rail and injectors to work with the returnless line.

Anyway that's when I do.
Mine started doing the idle thing you talk about here after I flashed to the 93 race tune. About every time it will reside around 1k or a little higher at a stop, then come down to ~800. I thought maybe it needed more miles to learn idle. Just curious, to the Mark & Mach TB's share the same IAC model and location?
__________________
Checkout Lorraine, my 2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Instagram: @azurebluemach
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
95v686gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 768
95v686gt is unknown around these parts
No they do not. 32vnomad can tell you about it more. If I remember correctly the mark tb had it mounted on the tb and the Mach is on the intake? I honestly can't remember.

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Oh and you can make a restrictor plate for the iac that stops that hanging idle
__________________

__________________
1995 V6 Mustang= Divorced Duals, Flowmaster 2 chambers, NO CATS, Raxiom Halo Projector headlights, Smoked Tails, 17 inch Bullitt Wheels
1997 Mustang GT: 4.6L DOHC http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f280/t305270/
1986 Mustang GT= Built 302 SOLD
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


04:22 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.