Theft Light Flashing! Car won't start! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-07-2014, 12:00 PM   #36
Registered Member
Originally Posted by yellowconve View Post
happened in my 2004 it ended up being the sctbank 4 eliminator chip from bama i would have to hit the computer by the passengers right foot to get mine to start and it would go crazy lock up and turn off flash the theft light i would hit her again and she would fire up again. got tired of doing that removed the chip and no more problems.

Haha what made you think to start hitting stuff. I mean apparently it worked for yah

2003 True Blue mustang gt

phillip433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #37
Registered Member
Originally Posted by BigB227 View Post
Couldnt tell you man it came with the car when I bought it and it doesn't have a chip in it

Only how the car will start without a chip is if the PATS is disabled, when u switch the ignition on the transponder receiver looks for the chip in the key and if it dont get it then it will trigger the system and the car wont start, so either ur key has a chip in it and u just dont know it or ur computer has a tune file programmed in it with the pats disabled

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

thyreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 05:52 PM   #38
Registered Member
Region: Texas
some how it was effecting my ecu causing it to think it had a different computer saying it wasnt for that car but it was it ended up being a corrupted chip but wasnt like that when i bought it so it must of shorted out some how and the way i found out was my wheel locked up while driving and i had to pull over i tried shaking my steering wheel shaking my wires from my aftermarket alarm till finaly my freind started hiting stuff in my car and it started when he kicked the plastic by his foot ... from then on i knew it was something there so i would literaly drive around with a crowbar on my side for when it acted up and turned off when i was driving i would just give her a llittle hit and she would fire right back up. if not she would flash theft and only turnover but no start. got pissed took the chip out bama refunded me and i got my lovers for my new stang.

yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT