Theft Light Flashing! Car won't start! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-07-2014, 12:00 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowconve View Post
happened in my 2004 it ended up being the sctbank 4 eliminator chip from bama i would have to hit the computer by the passengers right foot to get mine to start and it would go crazy lock up and turn off flash the theft light i would hit her again and she would fire up again. got tired of doing that removed the chip and no more problems.

Haha what made you think to start hitting stuff. I mean apparently it worked for yah

2003 True Blue mustang gt
phillip433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227 View Post
Couldnt tell you man it came with the car when I bought it and it doesn't have a chip in it

Only how the car will start without a chip is if the PATS is disabled, when u switch the ignition on the transponder receiver looks for the chip in the key and if it dont get it then it will trigger the system and the car wont start, so either ur key has a chip in it and u just dont know it or ur computer has a tune file programmed in it with the pats disabled

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
thyreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 05:52 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
some how it was effecting my ecu causing it to think it had a different computer saying it wasnt for that car but it was it ended up being a corrupted chip but wasnt like that when i bought it so it must of shorted out some how and the way i found out was my wheel locked up while driving and i had to pull over i tried shaking my steering wheel shaking my wires from my aftermarket alarm till finaly my freind started hiting stuff in my car and it started when he kicked the plastic by his foot ... from then on i knew it was something there so i would literaly drive around with a crowbar on my side for when it acted up and turned off when i was driving i would just give her a llittle hit and she would fire right back up. if not she would flash theft and only turnover but no start. got pissed took the chip out bama refunded me and i got my lovers for my new stang.
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2016, 04:04 PM   #39

Region: South Carolina
1998 V6

So im not sure if this is related, but the other day a car charger piece got broken off in the charger port. I asked my boyfriend if the terminals needed to be unhooked from the battery and he didn't think it was an issues, so we tried to remove the piece out of the port and sparks flew and thankfully I didn't get electrocuted. So after that we unhooked the battery and unclipped the cigarette lighter and tried to remove the piece and couldn't get it out. So we plugged the cigarette lighter back up and the battery, then tried to start the car and our lights in the cab came on and then we went to crank it and we heard a click... so my boyfriend hopped out and played with the terminal because our terminal doesn't fit perfectly and we thought it may have came loose. He then pushed the terminal back down and I turned the key and we had lights in the cab again so he hopped in pushed on the gas and it cranked right up. ONLY problem is now any time we turn the car off and let it sit for a little bit, it does the same thing and we have to pop the hood and play with the terminal. But if we drove it and turned it off and then cranked it back up again it would run. Any ideas of what could have happened with the spark? We tested our battery and the battery is fine. A guy at OReilly's said it might be the fuses or fuel pump.. also we asked him about getting a better battery then the standard battery because we are adding MACH speakers in and we noticed any time we charge something in the car, it seems to make the car run rough or bogg it down. So we thought we needed a higher powered battery, and the guy said all the other batteries except the standard wont fit because they are too tall. But cant you get a battery tray from like a F150 and put it in and it would give you more room for a bigger battery? Please help, any info would be lovely. 1998 V6 base.
Serena2369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 04:06 PM   #40

Thought it may have to deal with the theft situation and causing the computer to shut off everything until we unhook and rehook the battery
Old 10-22-2016, 06:17 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena2369 View Post
So im not sure if this is related, but the other day a car charger piece got broken off in the charger port. I asked my boyfriend if the terminals needed to be unhooked from the battery and he didn't think it was an issues, so we tried to remove the piece out of the port and sparks flew and thankfully I didn't get electrocuted. So after that we unhooked the battery and unclipped the cigarette lighter and tried to remove the piece and couldn't get it out. So we plugged the cigarette lighter back up and the battery, then tried to start the car and our lights in the cab came on and then we went to crank it and we heard a click... so my boyfriend hopped out and played with the terminal because our terminal doesn't fit perfectly and we thought it may have came loose. He then pushed the terminal back down and I turned the key and we had lights in the cab again so he hopped in pushed on the gas and it cranked right up. ONLY problem is now any time we turn the car off and let it sit for a little bit, it does the same thing and we have to pop the hood and play with the terminal. But if we drove it and turned it off and then cranked it back up again it would run. Any ideas of what could have happened with the spark? We tested our battery and the battery is fine. A guy at OReilly's said it might be the fuses or fuel pump.. also we asked him about getting a better battery then the standard battery because we are adding MACH speakers in and we noticed any time we charge something in the car, it seems to make the car run rough or bogg it down. So we thought we needed a higher powered battery, and the guy said all the other batteries except the standard wont fit because they are too tall. But cant you get a battery tray from like a F150 and put it in and it would give you more room for a bigger battery? Please help, any info would be lovely. 1998 V6 base.
You guys are on the right track. One of the grounds is loose and not making good contact. When that happens the engine eill gove that one loud click and wint turn over. Start by making sure that the ground on the battery is tight with no play in it. You may need to go out and buy a new terminal to get it to fit properly.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:32 PM   #42

We will pick up new terminals and get back to you to let you know if it fixed the problem. thanks!
Old 10-26-2016, 10:57 PM   #43

Just seemed to stop happening so im not sure what the issue was. Never needed to pick up new terminals.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:19 PM   #44

Region: Florida
I had a security light one time when I would lock the car with the key but the unlock button would not work on the key fob, only until then I fixed the unlock button on the key fob would the security light go away
novastb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:08 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
PATS sucks. Terrible system.
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT