01 GT speaker problems. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #1

Region: North Carolina
01 GT speaker problems.

long story short, when I bought my car 2 years ago I assumed the passenger speaker was busted because it made a god awful screeching noise whenever any bass was pumped through it.
I just dropped $1300 on brand new speakers for
the whole car, a new amp, and subs. 6 hours after I excitedly drove away the screech returned!

i almost drove into a tree as i looked
over at the speaker screaming "WTF?!" what is this thing's problem and how do I fix it?!

please help! thanks!
mrshancock89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 03:23 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: 01 GT speaker problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshancock89 View Post
long story short, when I bought my car 2 years ago I assumed the passenger speaker was busted because it made a god awful screeching noise whenever any bass was pumped through it.
I just dropped $1300 on brand new speakers for
the whole car, a new amp, and subs. 6 hours after I excitedly drove away the screech returned!

i almost drove into a tree as i looked
over at the speaker screaming "WTF?!" what is this thing's problem and how do I fix it?!

please help! thanks!
the only thing I can tell you do is trace that one speaker's wires back to the radio and see if it is has a woren or broken place in it. What it seems like to me is that the wire is either open or broken somewhere and it is barely making connection or grounding out. If you cant find anything then pull the radio out and find the wires at the radio that go to the speaker. Cut and expose the wire at a good enough distance where you can resplice it later. Either pull the speaker out or get you a piece of speaker wire long enough to reach to the speak from the radio. Next, connect the wire from the back of the radio to the Speaker and see if you hear the noise. If you hear the noise then its something with the radio but if you dont hear the noise then there is a break in the factory wire so that means you will have to rewire it. Hope that helps
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Hey, keep us posted on how it goes and what was the cause of the noise.
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #4

$&?%#!!!!!!! I took the car back to the audio guy today as he deduced it had nothing to do with the speaker so he took the whole door panel off. he started bangin on it and zeroed in on an area that made the most noise. on a hunch he tightened a loose bolt and voila the problem was solved! I had to pick my jaw up off the floorboard. as many places as I've had this car for this noise, the audio guy figures it out?!
I just dropped $1300 on a new speaker system that didn't even fix the problem! I could've done it at home! $&#%!!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

So it was a bad ground...I knew it was something like that by the way you explained it but im glad you found the problem
Old 05-30-2012, 06:11 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

I'm glad it was figured out. Many times taking stuff to the Pros that do it is the most benificial.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #7

it had nothing at all to do with the speakers. that's the sad part. all the screeching was from that loose bolt. anytime there was any bass in the door speaker it rattled the metal in the door and that's what the screech was. I thought it was the speaker because it only happened when it was on. no one would've ever guessed.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:33 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshancock89 View Post
it had nothing at all to do with the speakers. that's the sad part. all the screeching was from that loose bolt. anytime there was any bass in the door speaker it rattled the metal in the door and that's what the screech was. I thought it was the speaker because it only happened when it was on. no one would've ever guessed.
aw okie, I guess I read the post wrong I thought you said you were hearing that noise out of the speaker but it sometimes hard to understand a " noise" problem on the internet, lol better to hear it in person. Glad it got fixed though because something like that would drive you crazy.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #9

I assumed it was the speaker because it only made the noise when the speaker was on blah
I am definitely glad to have it fixed though and grateful for all the input!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I bet that type of noise would drive anyone crazy glad its fixed

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT