Does this work????? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2012, 02:27 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Does this work?????

Let me know if anyone has used this or heard of it or anything good or bad. http://www.superchargertuning.com/Ford/Mustang/
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 03:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
I wouldn't trust it. Just something that can fail and get sucked into your intake. I would save your money.
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Dakota
Re: Does this work?????

EL OH EL !

From their "Installation" page...

4. Install the wiring to the battery and decide the best method for your case to activate the charger. The witch should be installed and assembled near the accelerator linkage in the engine compartment or under or near the pedal. Make sure the micro-switch is only activated at wide-open throttle. Continues running of the charger is not good for the charger and can cause engine to shut off because of the extra air flow while car is in idle.

So... the only time it turns on is when you have the accelerator mashed to the floor... so during idle or part-throttle the electric motor and fan gets in the way to inhibit air flow?

Too bad the Dyno page is blank... with good reason I suspect...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
I thought it was funny that the dyno page was blank also.
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Its nothing but a scam
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I'm usually not a "Grammar Nazi", but read on their own page and you'll see several things either misspelled, or wrong punctuation!.. Point being that if a company doesn't have the cash, time, or intelligence to proofread before they post some claims!.. Then they don't have the cash, time, or intelligence to build a solid product that actually works!..

Plus I've seen on uTube a guy that put one of these on his car and then dynoed it!.. I think he gained 1hp (when he was at full throttle and it kicked in)!.. For a fraction of the price you can get a throttle body spacer and get the same results!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_John View Post
EL OH EL !

From their "Installation" page...

4. Install the wiring to the battery and decide the best method for your case to activate the charger. The witch should be installed and assembled near the accelerator linkage in the engine compartment or under or near the pedal. Make sure the micro-switch is only activated at wide-open throttle. Continues running of the charger is not good for the charger and can cause engine to shut off because of the extra air flow while car is in idle.

So... the only time it turns on is when you have the accelerator mashed to the floor... so during idle or part-throttle the electric motor and fan gets in the way to inhibit air flow?

Too bad the Dyno page is blank... with good reason I suspect...
I didn't even read I was too amazed at the sophistication all for $175.00 Did that include the intake, or was that just the fan and motor?

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
I'm usually not a "Grammar Nazi", but read on their own page and you'll see several things either misspelled, or wrong punctuation!.. Point being that if a company doesn't have the cash, time, or intelligence to proofread before they post some claims!.. Then they don't have the cash, time, or intelligence to build a solid product that actually works!..

Plus I've seen on uTube a guy that put one of these on his car and then dynoed it!.. I think he gained 1hp (when he was at full throttle and it kicked in)!.. For a fraction of the price you can get a throttle body spacer and get the same results!..
You Grammar Nazi! (Just kidding) I went to read it very minor grammatical errors, but I agree for that money, one would at least want to proof read their work, you would think.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
May as well hook a leaf blower up to your car. This is something some kid with a Honda would do. Please don't do this. Maybe I will even do it to my wife's CRV.
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

That looks pretty useless to me save your money and get a real supercharger.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Ha I'm not doing it. I just never seen anything like it before and was wondering if it worked
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel
May as well hook a leaf blower up to your car. This is something some kid with a Honda would do. Please don't do this. Maybe I will even do it to my wife's CRV.
Hot Rod magazine actually hooked up 2 leaf blowers to a Corvette. They gained a couple horsepower amazingly
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF

Hot Rod magazine actually hooked up 2 leaf blowers to a Corvette. They gained a couple horsepower amazingly
http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/e...r/viewall.html

I just found this for the "electric supercharger" thread. I remember lol'ing hard when I saw this.

I've thought about hooking a leaf blower up to my civic before. Just for laughs
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT