Appearance or Power?? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Personally, I would take your list mods, appearance and performance, and figure out an estimated timeline of completion. Based on that, I would select items from each list to make your final list based on what deadsp0t ^^^ is saying above. How long will you keep your car before you pull the trigger on a new one? Most likely you will be making more money in the coming years with promotions or career changes. That will change what you want in a car.
Well I plan on keeping the car through college (I'm 17). And I'm buying all components of one part or another as soon as the car is purchased. Then later the other list will be built upon. But nobody has answered my question yet lol.. how many ponies will I be picking up on estimate from the power side?

Sorry eturner. Your post wasn't up when I was posting on my phone haha

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

I would figure about 280-300 at the wheels!.. Gears are a "force mulitplier" and Long Tubes show some good gains in both HP and torque!.. Keep in mind that a good tune will bring it all together!..
What are n/a stock cobras rated at rwhp?
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady

I can't really ever hold onto a car that long that and the one I have is at 90k so yeah >_>
I've got about 118,000 on my '04 GT!.. A buddy of mine has over 220,000 on his '02 GT and still runs low 14s in the quarter!.. Lol. Mileage is generally only relevant to how well you take care of your car!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Probably around 380-390 would be my guess lowest I'd say is 370
Mady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict

Well I plan on keeping the car through college (I'm 17). And I'm buying all components of one part or another as soon as the car is purchased. Then later the other list will be built upon. But nobody has answered my question yet lol.. how many ponies will I be picking up on estimate from the power side?

Depends on your altitude. Power gains in Colorado are different from power gains in California. Everyone can guess what they want but you won't know for sure til it's strapped to the rollers. One thing to remember is that what all the manufacturers show is the crank number not the wheel number.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Probably around 380-390 would be my guess lowest I'd say is 370
That's for my mod list right?

Otherwise were talking about 2 different cobras
Old 06-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

What are n/a stock cobras rated at rwhp?
N/A stock Cobras were rated at about 315 at the fly!.. So about 275 at the wheel I believe!..

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

And no need to be sorry dude!.. Lol
Old 06-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #42
Road Trip!

Quote:

N/A stock Cobras were rated at about 315 at the fly!.. So about 275 at the wheel I believe!..
I'm talking about the ones from 03-04 that had 400hp crank with a supercharger that came with it
Old 06-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm talking about the ones from 03-04 that had 400hp crank with a supercharger that came with it
N/a means no charger (naturally aspirated). Sorry for any confusion! Yea I know that I wont be competing with them till I get a blower strapped on haha
Old 06-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

From the factory those were rated at 365 at the fly!.. But were really closer to 400 at the fly as many of them were later dynoed at about 360 at the wheels!.. Lol One of the few times Ford underrated their HP ratings!.. Lol.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:10 AM   #45
Road Trip!

Quote:

N/a means no charger (naturally aspirated). Sorry for any confusion! Yea I know that I wont be competing with them till I get a blower strapped on haha
With a v6 it will be very hard to get to a cobra with just bolt ons and exhaust infact I don't think it's even possible
Old 06-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

With a v6 it will be very hard to get to a cobra with just bolt ons and exhaust infact I don't think it's even possible
This build up is for my gt that I'm going to pick up and build.

As for the v6, I found a set up to get to 320 crank in a sixxer. It requires some new internals though. And it would be n/a and no nitro
Old 06-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Please tell me your not one that is trying to build a car to be better than another car!.. Build your ride the way you want it to be!.. Don't try to build it to be better than another car, as there will always be something better and faster!.. But instead build it to make it better than what it was!.. Just my opinion!..
Old 06-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #48
Road Trip!

Quote:

Please tell me your not one that is trying to build a car to be better than another car!.. Build your ride the way you want it to be!.. Don't try to build it to be better than another car, as there will always be something better and faster!.. But instead build it to make it better than what it was!.. Just my opinion!..
+100000
Old 06-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm building it to beat n/a stock cobras plus how I want it to sound and how I want it to shift and all that fun stuff. Building the car for me and kicking so lazy cobra owners is just a bonus.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:17 AM   #50
Road Trip!

Well cobras weigh more then the gt so u have that going for u
Old 06-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well cobras weigh more then the gt so u have that going for u
I looked it up and it is like 40lbs at the most haha. It helps me but barely!
Old 06-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #52
Road Trip!

Sorry I'm thinking of the 2000 cobra r which weighs 3400 pounds with a 5.4l -drools-
Old 06-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry I'm thinking of the 2000 cobra r which weighs 3400 pounds with a 5.4l -drools-
OMG that thing would destroy meh 0.0

There was a gt for sale in my area that had a 5.4l dropped in and turned into a cobra r clone! It was amazing till I saw the price tag!
Old 06-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #54
Road Trip!

Quote:

OMG that thing would destroy meh 0.0

There was a gt for sale in my area that had a 5.4l dropped in and turned into a cobra r clone! It was amazing till I saw the price tag!
Sigh yeah -drools-
Old 06-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sigh yeah -drools-
If I ever win the lottery... I'm going to buy them all!

Muwhahahaha
Old 06-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #56
Road Trip!

Quote:

If I ever win the lottery... I'm going to buy them all!

Muwhahahaha
You'll buy me one too right ^_~
Old 06-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You'll buy me one too right ^_~
Yes. Ill give you #1 haha
Old 06-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #58

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Yes. Ill give you #1 haha
Of course the price tags would be high. The chassis on a gt and cobra are entirely different. So this person had to do welding and other changes so the motor would fit. Honestly trying to clone a get to a cobra is a waist of money. Rather rebuild a 4.6 then do a clone.
Wshewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wshewan

Of course the price tags would be high. The chassis on a gt and cobra are entirely different. So this person had to do welding and other changes so the motor would fit. Honestly trying to clone a get to a cobra is a waist of money. Rather rebuild a 4.6 then do a clone.
I'm not cloning. Just building on the gt 4.6 sohc
Old 06-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #60
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

I'm building it to beat n/a stock cobras plus how I want it to sound and how I want it to shift and all that fun stuff. Building the car for me and kicking so lazy cobra owners is just a bonus.
It is a good idea to have a plan of what kinda performance you're looking, when she's complete. You looking for 99 Cobra performance, like at the drag strip? Or <---that, along with some good road performance along with it? Maybe something you can take and do some autocross. Figuring that out will help you get you list setup right too. Hope you can get all the mods you want and share them as you go with you fellow mustang freaks!
Old 06-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

It is a good idea to have a plan of what kinda performance you're looking, when she's complete. You looking for 99 Cobra performance, like at the drag strip? Or <---that, along with some good road performance along with it? Maybe something you can take and do some autocross. Figuring that out will help you get you list setup right too. Hope you can get all the mods you want and share them as you go with you fellow mustang freaks!
Mainly street because every Saturday there is a small local car show that everyone meets up to street race. Plus I want it to sound vicious! Im probably going to do performance first and instead of the cobra styling, ill throw a roush bumper on and use some plastidip here and there.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Appearance or Power??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
I would figure about 280-300 at the wheels!.. Gears are a "force mulitplier" and Long Tubes show some good gains in both HP and torque!.. Keep in mind that a good tune will bring it all together!..
+11
Old 06-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:

Mainly street because every Saturday there is a small local car show that everyone meets up to street race. Plus I want it to sound vicious! Im probably going to do performance first and instead of the cobra styling, ill throw a roush bumper on and use some plastidip here and there.
I like your agenda because I just recently discovered some Hondas and cobalts around here that think they are cool, so I want to build mine go fast to beat up on em... I'm a horse power junkie anyways... I look at it this way if you have the talk and the walk to back it up then looks can always come later. Plus people don't expect much outta a crapier looking car till they bite off more than they can chew ha ha.... Oh yah and not to mention there is nothing that replaces that feeling of all the power on tap to run through the gears... Be smart to though man, cars require a lot to maintain...
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT