Help fix my problem maybe? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Help fix my problem maybe?

When I turn my air to defrost or AC. Really any of then except floor I think, why does my car rev it's self. Even while I'm driving?
GrabbinGEARZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabbinGEARZ
When I turn my air to defrost or AC. Really any of then except floor I think, why does my car rev it's self. Even while I'm driving?
Vacuum line. What year is ur ride?
Old 06-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your A/C compressor kicks on. Your car will change the idle when it is on. It will also run when you are on defrost.
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
It has fast idle your ac mine does it to it is to make it stay running when I clutch in it jumps to 3,000 Rpms and then dies back down after a little bit
Old 06-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yea mine does it on defrost too. And it's a 2000 gt. can I stop it?
Old 06-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea mine does it on defrost too. And it's a 2000 gt. can I stop it?
Dont run it is really the only way after a while keep driving with it and it well calm down some Like mine use to be bad and it's a 98 but then it slowed down have u put coolant in their lately helped mine
Old 06-02-2012, 02:32 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Help fix my problem maybe?

You can prolly try cleaning idle control valve it might be dirty....also do you have a tune or hand held tuner ? When I got mine tuned and it would surge like that with or without the ac comp on...They turned the IEC? down and it fixed my problem. You can try to put freon in the system.... Is the air cooling off like it is suppose to?
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:54 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Try charging your ac
Old 06-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstang00
You can prolly try cleaning idle control valve it might be dirty....also do you have a tune or hand held tuner ? When I got mine tuned and it would surge like that with or without the ac comp on...They turned the IEC? down and it fixed my problem. You can try to put freon in the system.... Is the air cooling off like it is suppose to?
Ya u can tune it down an that might be your best bet
Old 06-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98MUSTANG GT

Ya u can tune it down an that might be your best bet
Sorry y'all but am a bit confused. G-gears said it revs while driving. Not possible if in gear (manual/auto). Idle control is different and should not be confused with AC issues. Dashpot as its called is a PCM function. Changing it is a custom tune requirement. AC should not affect idle so much that it increases idle speed. Idle drops when AC is on, and engine labors while driving due to increased load. I do know for earlier models that functions are vac driven; mine does. No vac no air. What gives?
Old 06-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT

Sorry y'all but am a bit confused. G-gears said it revs while driving. Not possible if in gear (manual/auto). Idle control is different and should not be confused with AC issues. Dashpot as its called is a PCM function. Changing it is a custom tune requirement. AC should not affect idle so much that it increases idle speed. Idle drops when AC is on, and engine labors while driving due to increased load. I do know for earlier models that functions are vac driven; mine does. No vac no air. What gives?
Possible because mine does it to while in gear but I got use to it
Old 06-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Haha I can't get use to mine. The pull is pretty hard haha I'll be going down a hill in 2 or 3rd and its like a 12 year old girl driving her first stick. Haha it jerks me like I'm scare to give it throttle. The air isn't cold so I will try recharging it
Old 06-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha I can't get use to mine. The pull is pretty hard haha I'll be going down a hill in 2 or 3rd and its like a 12 year old girl driving her first stick. Haha it jerks me like I'm scare to give it throttle. The air isn't cold so I will try recharging it
When u clutch in does it rev up if so keep the clutch held in and it should die down after a couple of seconds an if ur air isn't cold u need to refill it it well still happen after u do but once u use it alot or often it calms down
Old 06-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Help fix my problem maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabbinGEARZ View Post
Dunno about the first part but if the air isnt cool then recharge it lol....

Las97Gt- Yes and no to a custom tune is the only way you can change the idle of the car. In the held hand tuner you can change it at a certain degree but when I took the car back to the people that did my tune they change the IEC in the PCM? What that means I dunno....But I do agree that the Ac will drop the engine RPM and etc when it cycles on and off.
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT