Im Pissed! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:01 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Im Pissed!

I had a misfire not too long ago and had it checked at autozone, they put a computer on it and said I had a misfire in cylinder 1. And it was one of three things, the coil, spark plug, or the injector...I replaced them all and still had the misfire, had me stumped...until I pulled my intake off because I saw oil on top of my valve cover (blow by) and I saw that I had a puddle of oil in my throttle body where the intake plugs in. So then I pulled my air filter out and it was covered in oil...so my guess is that all that (blow by) is fowling my spark plug over and over..meaning its either my valve seals or my ****in piston rings in cylinder 1. So it looks like im pulling my engine again just to pull that damn head off.

Funny thing is that a friend of mine recently told me that he took his heads to the same shop I did to have my heads rebuilt a few years ago and the mechanic didnt replace his valve seals..my buddy ended up figuring this out when his engine started doing the same **** mines doing now and when he pulled it apart, he took the heads off and took them some where else and told the mechanic that his new valve seals should have been orange, turns out they were black, basically meaning that the other mechanic (the one I went too also) didnt put the new valve seals in. Im guessing that ******* mechanic didnt replace my valve seals either. Because before I rebuilt the engine it had some blow by then too.

This completely ruined my week.
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Sorry bub...check your recirpts, if it says he did go back and ask wtf??

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: Im Pissed!

no wonder you are pissed I would go back to him and ask wtf and get some kind if refund or open up a can of wup a$$.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I went back, he said that his warranty was void as soon as I put the engine together, he said he doesnt have to cover anything because he didnt assemble the engine.

Can I take him to court or something? The only problem I see me having is that I have no evidence of him doing this. He just cost me $3,000. I cant even think right now. FML.
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT