5.4 supercharger on a 4.6? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #1

Region: Illinois
Question 5.4 supercharger on a 4.6?

Hey everyone Ive got a 98 cobra and Ive been looking to put a supercharger on it and i have a hook up on one that was off a gt 500! the guy claims that they make a special intake so that this supercharger can bolt onto my motor, but ive had no luck finding anything on that....... any ideas if this will work???
sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: 5.4 supercharger on a 4.6?

No u cant use it...u have b heads also.. So u cant run an intercooled twin screw because of ir heads....just go with a procharger or turbo or something..
slow02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

This is just a "Out of left field" question: What if he changed his Heads? Not a debat thing, just curiousity.
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #4

I know this sounds retarded but I've got a guy who is selling the supercharger injectors cthe cooler and other **** for 300$ that's why I was wondering if it will all fit onto a 4.6
Old 06-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO View Post
This is just a "Out of left field" question: What if he changed his Heads? Not a debat thing, just curiousity.
If he changes his heads then yes..but he has just the blower...will still need to get the custon lower manifold and the lower intercooler,heat exchanger,pump,front drive stuff from a cobra and all...but any twin screw or roots blower he woild still need all thst same stuff since it thst year didnt come with any of it..thats way most with thst year just centri or turbo it..less hassle and cheaper and dont have to hunt down pieces everywhere

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneck View Post
I know this sounds retarded but I've got a guy who is selling the supercharger injectors cthe cooler and other **** for 300$ that's why I was wondering if it will all fit onto a 4.6
Still would need alot of other stuff...
slow02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow02gt View Post
If he changes his heads then yes..but he has just the blower...will still need to get the custon lower manifold and the lower intercooler,heat exchanger,pump,front drive stuff from a cobra and all...but any twin screw or roots blower he woild still need all thst same stuff since it thst year didnt come with any of it..thats way most with thst year just centri or turbo it..less hassle and cheaper and dont have to hunt down pieces everywhere

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Still would need alot of other stuff...
Thanks for that Info, for me it's just too much stuff to do just to add a SC, but others may see it differently. One friend of mine has a 98 GT with a Steeda setup, another friend has a 95 5.0 GT with nothing yet but envy.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I believe I seen some adapters for the 4.6 do u can run the 5.4 supercharger but can't remember where I seen them
Old 06-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #8

thanks for the info ill just buy a kennebell for my motor and be done with it!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT