GT-45 Turbo? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
GT-45 Turbo?

What are the exact dimensions needed for this kind of turbo on a Bullitt/Mach 1/Cobra?
Bullitt42193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: GT-45 Turbo?

Gt-45 what turbo though ...need part number...or u going to hsve a gt45 built to ur specs?...really dont understand ur question..

an actual gt45 is an 80mm and a big turbo..but their are some gt45's that are smaller..

if its an actual gt45 your built better be built and planned to make some serious boost if not the gt45 is to big and will be a turd with it..
slow02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:51 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well right now I'm about to pick up a T70 turbo. Basically a universal one for 4.0,4.6 and 5.0 but I'm not sure what piping and intercooler I need
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Technically all turbos are universal..they all can be made to fit any vehicle whe ln the person is custom building the kit..what did the turbo come off of or whatever...are u going to run forward facing headers or just sotck manifolds? U still need to figure that out...are u going to run stock kmember or get a upr,qa1,etc..u know a vortech is easier to install lol..or buying a complete turbo kit since it seems like ur kinda confused on what to ask and what to do...

Is the turbo t4 flange? Whats the inlet and outlet size? Whats the a/r?

U will need hotside pipeing,coldside, ur choice of intercooler(i would do a treadstone) bov,wastegate...piping size on coldside would do 3in blow thru..down pipe size depends on turbo really and other factors..
Old 06-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow02gt
Technically all turbos are universal..they all can be made to fit any vehicle whe ln the person is custom building the kit..what did the turbo come off of or whatever...are u going to run forward facing headers or just sotck manifolds? U still need to figure that out...are u going to run stock kmember or get a upr,qa1,etc..u know a vortech is easier to install lol..or buying a complete turbo kit since it seems like ur kinda confused on what to ask and what to do...

U will need hotside pipeing,coldside, ur choice of intercooler(i would do a treadstone) bov,wastegate...piping size on coldside would do 3in blow thru..down pipe size depends on turbo really and other factors..
Damn he is just asking lol give him a break
Sonicblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Jesus chill out, I didn't know dickheadz with slow cars were on this forum
Old 06-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt42193

+10000000000 lmao
Sonicblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt42193 View Post
sorry didnt know i sounded like a dickhead...just trying to figure out what you wanted to know and what you are doing...

but i guess you are to busy being a smartass to figure anything out for yourself so you just buy cheap s*@t and hope somebody else can make it fit for you

sorry for trying to help though good luck..
Old 06-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

sorry didnt know i sounded like a dickhead...just trying to figure out what you wanted to know and what you are doing...

but i guess you are to busy being a smartass to figure anything out for yourself so you just buy cheap s*@t and hope somebody else can make it fit for you

You shouldn't act so cocky all the time
Old 06-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicblue11

Damn he is just asking lol give him a break
Nothing wrong with whats he is asking, its just that the question is not clear. A gt45 will work on a pos honda what about it there are many gt45s not just one with many trims, ball berrings or not.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt42193
What are the exact dimensions needed for this kind of turbo on a Bullitt/Mach 1/Cobra?
Just get manley forged rods and pistons, arp studs, turbo cams, aeromotive fuel system, and a on3performance turbo kit with the master power 76mm turbo. The gt45 is overkill unless you already have a built motor.

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Stockish302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish302 View Post
Nothing wrong with whats he is asking, its just that the question is not clear. A gt45 will work on a pos honda what about it there are many gt45s not just one with many trims, ball berrings or not.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Just get manley forged rods and pistons, arp studs, turbo cams, aeromotive fuel system, and a on3performance turbo kit with the master power 76mm turbo. The gt45 is overkill unless you already have a built motor.
thank you lol
Old 06-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+100000000
shadow commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:47 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

95% of turbos are universal durrr

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120619_024740.png
Views:	214
Size:	503.9 KB
ID:	55403

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT