Lontube and midpipe q's - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-07-2012, 01:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Lontube and midpipe q's

In the near future I will get longtubes and midpipe. I already have a borla exhaust and want to know what would best compliment it and sound good. Is MAC a good brand? Some guys selling a Mac pro chamber h pipe for 80 bucks on Craig's
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012, 02:39 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
In the near future I will get longtubes and midpipe. I already have a borla exhaust and want to know what would best compliment it and sound good. Is MAC a good brand? Some guys selling a Mac pro chamber h pipe for 80 bucks on Craig's
The prochamber is a different pipe. It is like a mix of an x and h pipe which produces a different sound. If you were to get the prochamber, then I would go with the Mac longtubes so fitment is perfect. Make sure that it is a Shorty midpipe though as a normal length can't be used with longtubes! I have heard that the Mac longtubes are good and fitment/install was little to no trouble (any longtubes there will be some issues because it is packed down there). When people talk about less expensive brands, it is usually Mac, Pyle's, and bbk which is a little pricier but not by much.

The longtubes I'm assuming that your buying new? Look online and Shorty off-road pipes are usually 120-180 so they are pretty cheap. Then just use a forum discount (AM) to get your hook up! Also it is a good idea to buy locking bolts or studs. I've seen them on late model. You will also need some header gaskets. Don't use the ones that come with the headers because they won't last. Might also need some o2 extensions, ect unless you have a tune to turn it off.
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:48 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict

The prochamber is a different pipe. It is like a mix of an x and h pipe which produces a different sound. If you were to get the prochamber, then I would go with the Mac longtubes so fitment is perfect. Make sure that it is a Shorty midpipe though as a normal length can't be used with longtubes! I have heard that the Mac longtubes are good and fitment/install was little to no trouble (any longtubes there will be some issues because it is packed down there). When people talk about less expensive brands, it is usually Mac, Pyle's, and bbk which is a little pricier but not by much.

The longtubes I'm assuming that your buying new? Look online and Shorty off-road pipes are usually 120-180 so they are pretty cheap. Then just use a forum discount (AM) to get your hook up! Also it is a good idea to buy locking bolts or studs. I've seen them on late model. You will also need some header gaskets. Don't use the ones that come with the headers because they won't last. Might also need some o2 extensions, ect unless you have a tune to turn it off.
Well I'm debating if I should buy this Mac h pipe he's selling it for 80 bucks or spend more money on brand new ones.. How much would I spend on just parts for brand new LT's and h pipe. I don't wanna o over 500 on just parts
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012, 02:54 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well I'm debating if I should buy this Mac h pipe he's selling it for 80 bucks or spend more money on brand new ones.. How much would I spend on just parts for brand new LT's and h pipe. I don't wanna o over 500 on just parts
Ouch. Long tubes are usually 400-500. The only way to keep it under 500 is to get the $80 prochamber with the $400 Mac long tubes.

Another option the may get criticized is to look for some used headers. Make sure there is no dents and that the flanges are flat and smooth though.

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

Check out this item I found on eBay. Search 370588953945
Old 06-07-2012, 03:14 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ouch. Long tubes are usually 400-500. The only way to keep it under 500 is to get the $80 prochamber with the $400 Mac long tubes.

Another option the may get criticized is to look for some used headers. Make sure there is no dents and that the flanges are flat and smooth though.

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

Check out this item I found on eBay. Search 370588953945
Dang thts expensive 4-500... I will prob buy this h pipe tmrw then.. Longtubes are harder to find on Craig's but I'll look
Old 06-07-2012, 03:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dang thts expensive 4-500... I will prob buy this h pipe tmrw then.. Longtubes are harder to find on Craig's but I'll look
That eBay deal is nice. Longtubes are expensive if you go with an h pipe. If you want to do an x pipe however, just buy some pacesetter ones which are $280 and an o/r x from pacesetter is $120 I think. Plus discount so less than $400
Old 06-07-2012, 03:23 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That eBay deal is nice. Longtubes are expensive if you go with an h pipe. If you want to do an x pipe however, just buy some pacesetter ones which are $280 and an o/r x from pacesetter is $120 I think. Plus discount so less than $400
Never heard of pacesetter is tht a good brand?
Old 06-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Never heard of pacesetter is tht a good brand?
According to forums it is good brand. It is cheaper but this is due to the headers being painted black which will come off eventually due to heat and they are also not stainless steel. If you live where there is a lot of rain I would not get these
Old 06-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

According to forums it is good brand. It is cheaper but this is due to the headers being painted black which will come off eventually due to heat and they are also not stainless steel. If you live where there is a lot of rain I would not get these
Ok, yea it rains a bit here. I'm just going to buy this midpipe n buy some new headers down the road
Old 06-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I got a pro chamber mid pipe on my car (don't know the mufflers due to the car already having them when i got it) but i must say i get compliments everywhere i go. As well as stare downs from local police, it sounds excellent and has a nice deep tone to it.
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz
I got a pro chamber mid pipe on my car (don't know the mufflers due to the car already having them when i got it) but i must say i get compliments everywhere i go. As well as stare downs from local police, it sounds excellent and has a nice deep tone to it.
You have LT's?
Old 06-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
As far as i can tell, lol
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz
As far as i can tell, lol
Lol. Well im most likely going to purchase the Mac h pipe thts meant for LT's today n save up for new Mac headers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT