Where is the love? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Where is the love?

I am relatively new to the mustang community. But I am curious why there is no love for fellow stang owners in my area. I always give a friendly wave and get nothing back. Is it just my area or are there some owners out there oblivious to our bond. Haha.
Daly2000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Maybe a little of both lol
Old 06-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daly2000GT
I am relatively new to the mustang community. But I am curious why there is no love for fellow stang owners in my area. I always give a friendly wave and get nothing back. Is it just my area or are there some owners out there oblivious to our bond. Haha.
Personaly everytime I see another stang I give a wave and usually get one in return but say I pass a camaro or a charger it.turns into a stare down as we pass eachother. Lol
taylor98gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Mustang owners in my area always try to race me. Nobody just wants to cruise these days. :/
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
For the most part I usually get a wave in return. There are a couple stangs I've seen more than once. I give a wave and get the "mean mug" look. I'm thinking well wth screw you too
5-Speed-IUP, Predator tuned, k&n cai,Mrt shifter,Hooker Lts-o/f x-pipe, KC clutch,Alum flywheel,FR 4:10's. Upr rear control arms. Forged Teksid Eaton swap in progress!

WickedStangs Mustang Club
Tulsa,OK Chapter President
TtownMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor98gt

Personaly everytime I see another stang I give a wave and usually get one in return but say I pass a camaro or a charger it.turns into a stare down as we pass eachother. Lol
+1......lol.....also I try not to wave to beat up stangs or stangs that don't seem to be taken care of, most of these ppl just drive them, don't have the love for them
Ruben3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
There is another Bullitt in town that waves and a mean 5.0 notch that also waves. But most mustangs seem to be used solely as transportation in my town.
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I try to look for clues to see if they are enthusiasts but usually don't get much back. I'll keep showing the love.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
Mustang owners in my area always try to race me. Nobody just wants to cruise these days. :/
Haha. I almost feel a responsibility to not race. It is almost expected, and I just enjoy the ride.
Daly2000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Hey ruben...some of don't have money to fix ours expediently, and they don't all start out pretty. Kinda same deal when I was riding my Scooter and most people on motircycles don't wave. You realize its 250cc and can go nearly as fast as normal motorcycles right. Also had a guy laugh and ask why wearing a helmet. Um same response and people can hit me. He then screeched out in whatever pos he was in like an idiot. Cosmetics are last in my book
90fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I like when you can have a conversation out of the blue talking about your mustang with someone at Walmart or start talking about each others stangs at a gas station and not notice 20 min have gone by
Vegas97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Does anyone else ever just drive thru town and you always get people at stoplights and signs yelling at you to roast tires? Cause it happens to me a lot I usually just tell them it won't and drive on;p
taylor98gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor98gt
Does anyone else ever just drive thru town and you always get people at stoplights and signs yelling at you to roast tires? Cause it happens to me a lot I usually just tell them it won't and drive on;p
Yeah, it happens pretty often to me also, but I usually have my baby girl in the car so I usually respectfully decline.
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:47 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90fox
Hey ruben...some of don't have money to fix ours expediently, and they don't all start out pretty. Kinda same deal when I was riding my Scooter and most people on motircycles don't wave. You realize its 250cc and can go nearly as fast as normal motorcycles right. Also had a guy laugh and ask why wearing a helmet. Um same response and people can hit me. He then screeched out in whatever pos he was in like an idiot. Cosmetics are last in my book
Yeah I get it I've had mine for about 5yrs now and haven't been able to do anything to it other than the exhaust n the intake, as you can see I haven't had money as well, but u gey what I'm saying, u can tell when ppl take care/pride in their ride regardless of their income and cosmetics....I got a buddy who bought a beat up 96gt, but he still washed n cleaned it, takes care of it better than I do on mine.....I don't know how to explain it but u can tell when someone invests time in their vehicle regardless of its looks and those are the ppl that will usually wave back, sorry didn't want to sound like a d**k/show off or anything bro
Old 06-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Np I got u. Mine kinda looks like a wreck lol. I've never really been one to detail my cars. Eapecially now its primer grey, trim on 1 side only that's garbage oversprayed from whatever previous idiot had before. Bunch of stuff in backseat, because of small hole in trunk don't wanna put anything in. So your kinda right lol. I don't take care of cosmetically. Still on fence of continuing or keeping a rat. Mech alerted me to frame rot front end under hood right next to Headers. And now still since new clutch kit and used trans my trans drips fluid from very back where driveshaft connects onto top of x or h pipe whatever it is. Not always but when shut down smell hot fluid and smoke comes up through bezel that's not fully on. Did other day at n light toi when first left work made me real nervous. Other than that w labor put about 6k into so far. Replaced well tons.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

That's usually the case with cars other than the usual maintenance there's always something that comes up lol but its all good bro good luck with ur stang
Old 06-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks..the vision is in my mind, but prob going to take a hiatus for while take care of debts and go back to. Might need to do brakes in between there. Never know though its a sickness...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT