Aviatior fuel pump.... Anybody got one? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-12-2012, 05:22 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Aviatior fuel pump.... Anybody got one?

I need to get a new fuel pump , right now I'm running a svt focus pump but I hear the avaitior pump out flows the svt pump. Anyone with any opinions on this pump? How much hp is it supporting? Is it reliable?
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360
I need to get a new fuel pump , right now I'm running a svt focus pump but I hear the avaitior pump out flows the svt pump. Anyone with any opinions on this pump? How much hp is it supporting? Is it reliable?
My Mom has an Aviator no issues with the fuel pump. The Aviator puts out around 300 horse power.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

If you have the 255lph focus pump it really is pointless to pull it out and install a 285lph aviator pump. Keep the pump you have and install a Kenne Bell boost a pump. Your focus pump and a BAP will support around 450-500rwp. The aviator pump is a drop in pump just like your focus pump. I was running a Ford Gt supercar 310lph with a Kenne Bell BAP and was making safely just under 500 rwp. I am now running twin Ford GT pumps with a BAP and looking to be at 600+rwp once I complete my build this month. I also might add if you are N/A you really don't need more pump than you have
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilla
If you have the 255lph focus pump it really is pointless to pull it out and install a 285lph aviator pump. Keep the pump you have and install a Kenne Bell boost a pump. Your focus pump and a BAP will support around 450-500rwp. The aviator pump is a drop in pump just like your focus pump. I was running a Ford Gt supercar 310lph with a Kenne Bell BAP and was making safely just under 500 rwp. I am now running twin Ford GT pumps with a BAP and looking to be at 600+rwp once I complete my build this month. I also might add if you are N/A you really don't need more pump than you have
I'm supercharged I already have the boost a pump set up the focus pump took a crap , is it worth doing ? It cost a out $100 more than the focus pump and after my build I plan around 500-550 rwhp, just wanna make sure I'm safe and don't want to do an upgrade again!
Old 06-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yes I would upgrade the pump since you have to pull it out any way. The ford GT pump is a good upgrade but you are required to modify the basket by drilling a few holes in the front of the basket so it won't suck it dry. The only problem with that is you must never run your tank below 1/4.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Question do you have forged internals?
Old 06-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes I would upgrade the pump since you have to pull it out any way. The ford GT pump is a good upgrade but you are required to modify the basket by drilling a few holes in the front of the basket so it won't suck it dry. The only problem with that is you must never run your tank below 1/4.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Question do you have forged internals?
Yes and no LOL!!!! I have a DSS short block I had built about two months ago but it is still on a stand in my garage awaiting heads and cams! So right now my supercharger is on a stock block , would it still be ok to run that pump and is that a single feed set up or a return style setup?
Old 06-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes and no LOL!!!! I have a DSS short block I had built about two months ago but it is still on a stand in my garage awaiting heads and cams! So right now my supercharger is on a stock block , would it still be ok to run that pump and is that a single feed set up or a return style setup?
These are all returnless systems I'm referring to. You can run any of the three pumps. I will tell you though you will max out this fuel system around 550rwp. What size injectors are you running?
Old 06-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

These are all returnless systems I'm referring to. You can run any of the three pumps. I will tell you though you will max out this fuel system around 550rwp. What size injectors are you running?
Currently I'm running 42lb injectors but I plan on bumping them up to 60lb's , so even with the boost a pump I would max these out? And if so where would I go from here? And also with these fuel pumps should I have bigger lines? Currently I have stock lines and rails
Old 06-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Currently I'm running 42lb injectors but I plan on bumping them up to 60lb's , so even with the boost a pump I would max these out? And if so where would I go from here? And also with these fuel pumps should I have bigger lines? Currently I have stock lines and rails
You will have to move up to 60lbs injectors to get to those hp numbers. The recommended set up is to go to a return style system. I have an 03-04 cobra tank with twin Ford GT pumps. I have 8an line to the front with an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator. I have and 6an line for return. I also bypassed the FPDM and direct wired my fuel pumps with an ignition switched relay to my Kenne Bell BAP. I have a constant 46 PSI of fuel pressure and my 60lbs injectors are at 65-70% duty cycle.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You will have to move up to 60lbs injectors to get to those hp numbers. The recommended set up is to go to a return style system. I have an 03-04 cobra tank with twin Ford GT pumps. I have 8an line to the front with an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator. I have and 6an line for return. I also bypassed the FPDM and direct wired my fuel pumps with an ignition switched relay to my Kenne Bell BAP. I have a constant 46 PSI of fuel pressure and my 60lbs injectors are at 65-70% duty cycle.
Have you read or heard anything about the new F .A.S.T management system's new plug and play return style fuel system wiring kit ? I just seen it I'm my new 5.0 mag , and if you don't mind me asking how much did your set up run you? With a new tank and all , and are you using your stock fuel rails? This definitely sounds like the direction I should be leaning in!!! How many LPH do the twin gt pumps flow, and I also heard its easier to tune with a return style fuel system.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Have you read or heard anything about the new F .A.S.T management system's new plug and play return style fuel system wiring kit ? I just seen it I'm my new 5.0 mag , and if you don't mind me asking how much did your set up run you? With a new tank and all , and are you using your stock fuel rails? This definitely sounds like the direction I should be leaning in!!! How many LPH do the twin gt pumps flow, and I also heard its easier to tune with a return style fuel system.
I have heard of the new system but have little info on it. I have edelbrock lower intake and edelbrock fuel rails. I got the tank from a friend which helped he went to a race sump tank. He is pushing just under 900rwp.
But those tanks usually run around 500-700. The twin GT pumps flow 310lph each. The tuning is all in the eyes of the beholder and who knows how to do it. I use a close friend of mines shop Injected Engineering in Kennesaw GA. Aric can tune anything.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have heard of the new system but have little info on it. I have edelbrock lower intake and edelbrock fuel rails. I got the tank from a friend which helped he went to a race sump tank. He is pushing just under 900rwp.
But those tanks usually run around 500-700. The twin GT pumps flow 310lph each. The tuning is all in the eyes of the beholder and who knows how to do it. I use a close friend of mines shop Injected Engineering in Kennesaw GA. Aric can tune anything.
Thanks for all of your help, i was kinda lost on what to do with the fuel system and how to get it to support my mods , it kinda sucks because it wasn't money that I planned on spending, but I feel a whole lot better about it , I think I will just get the one gt pump now and finish the upgrade before I do my swap!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

If you are planning to have 550rwp a FordGT pump and a BAP will work and 60lb injectors.. Make sure to drill about three or four holes in the front of the pump basket towards the front of the car and make sure not to let it ever get below 1/4 if your going to beat on it hard. Google search FordGT pump install
Old 06-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you are planning to have 550rwp a FordGT pump and a BAP will work and 60lb injectors.. Make sure to drill about three or four holes in the front of the pump basket towards the front of the car and make sure not to let it ever get below 1/4 if your going to beat on it hard. Google search FordGT pump install
I will do that ! Thanks again! You cleared up a lot of stuff for me, especially with pump's and how to set up the rest of the system ,I'm looking forward to seeing your build when it's finished ! Have you started a thread on it?
Old 06-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #15

Region: Michigan
Re: Aviatior fuel pump.... Anybody got one?

I know this might be a really dumb question, but I am new to working on cars and am struggling a bit. I changed my fuel pump, because I was completly loosing everything when I apply pressure. I have done a full tune up and changed the fuel filer. Car ran great, but began hesitating again. Today I changed my erg valve and did my pump. The question is.. does the pump sit a certain way in the tank or just lay in there. I figured it just laid in there because it was like that when i pulled the old one out. I have 2.5 gallons of gas in it and it still is making the same hesitation. However, when I initially started it back up it ran great for about a mile, then died and i had to push it . Help
Roz21nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz21nik
I know this might be a really dumb question, but I am new to working on cars and am struggling a bit. I changed my fuel pump, because I was completly loosing everything when I apply pressure. I have done a full tune up and changed the fuel filer. Car ran great, but began hesitating again. Today I changed my erg valve and did my pump. The question is.. does the pump sit a certain way in the tank or just lay in there. I figured it just laid in there because it was like that when i pulled the old one out. I have 2.5 gallons of gas in it and it still is making the same hesitation. However, when I initially started it back up it ran great for about a mile, then died and i had to push it . Help
It's been a few years since I changed mine but I think it snaps in. You might try putting another gallon or so in and see if it runs. If it does then you know you didn't get it seated.
Jlt00bluegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

You might have a clogged fuel sock inside the tank
Old 06-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #18

Region: Michigan
Re: Aviatior fuel pump.... Anybody got one?

Ok so if the pump was laying on its side originally, the snap in plastic part came off where it was connected?
Roz21nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz21nik
Ok so if the pump was laying on its side originally, the snap in plastic part came off where it was connected?
The tabs are on the body of the pump assembly when you install the pump it should snap Into the retaining ring the pump should be sitting straight

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT