bad o2 sensor - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
bad o2 sensor

Folks , i need our help how do know if you have a bad o2 sensor?
I'm driving 2 miles away today from my home then my all of sudden my exhaust sounds different and it shake fells like the engine going to die and the ' service engine soon light showed up. Appreciate your help guys. Thanks
Siendly22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Go to autozone or some auto parts store and have them pull the code for you. That is the only way I know of. Is it shaking like its missing or did the idle just get rough?
Old 06-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage258
Go to autozone or some auto parts store and have them pull the code for you. That is the only way I know of. Is it shaking like its missing or did the idle just get rough?
Yea, feels like the engine is dying but it's not. Exhaust sounds weird. I have H pipe and 2 flowmaster 44 series and aCatback. Just drove the car less than 30 mins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siendly22

Yea, feels like the engine is dying but it's not. Exhaust sounds weird. I have H pipe and 2 flowmaster 44 series and aCatback. Just drove the car less than 30 mins.
Do you have headers? Also how long ago did you install your exhaust parts?
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360

Do you have headers? Also how long ago did you install your exhaust parts?
I have my full exhaust for a year. I have X pipe before, yesterday I replace it to An H pipe. Car runs okay after I install H pipe. But this morning in less than 30 mins car acting weird the exhaust sounds different and the 'service light soon ' pops up and there's a vibration. I'm thinking maybe the o2 sensor is the prblem. But I'm not sure. Car is in good condition all in all. It just happen when I change my X pipe to H pipe Yesterday.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have my full exhaust for a year. I have X pipe before, yesterday I replace it to An H pipe. Car runs okay after I install H pipe. But this morning in less than 30 mins car acting weird the exhaust sounds different and the 'service light soon ' pops up and there's a vibration. I'm thinking maybe the o2 sensor is the prblem. But I'm not sure. Car is in good condition all in all. It just happen when I change my X pipe to H pipe Yesterday.
I would say the exhaust sounds different do to the x to h swap , they produce different tones, the vibration may be the h pipe is loose, when I did my exhaust with LT's my o2 light came on and my car never ran rough , it did run a bit rich but never rough, I drove it like that for awhile till I bought a tuner, I f you don't have a tuner you should take it to get it scanned as suggested above , it may be a different issue other than a o2
Old 06-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I would say the exhaust sounds different do to the x to h swap , they produce different tones, the vibration may be the h pipe is loose, when I did my exhaust with LT's my o2 light came on and my car never ran rough , it did run a bit rich but never rough, I drove it like that for awhile till I bought a tuner, I f you don't have a tuner you should take it to get it scanned as suggested above , it may be a different issue other than a o2
Thanks. I forget I have tuner lol... I'm suspecting the 02 sensor.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks. I forget I have tuner lol... I'm suspecting the 02 sensor.
LOL!!!! Keep us posted after you check it out , I'm curious also!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Yeah I have had O2 sensors go out and never has a problem running rough either but im not saying that it cant happen. And if it just started to run rough all of a sudden I almost want to say maybe you got bad gas? When was the last time you got gas? And that is just a theory I have no idea.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Quote:

LOL!!!! Keep us posted after you check it out , I'm curious also!!!
Areed

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT