Running stock - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gtmondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 41
Running stock

I'm here at the local track PBIR (palm beach internatonal raceway) and was wondering what the car would run stock. Anyone care to share how it ran and time? I know for a fact with the stock catalitc convertors (6) three on each side (i dont know what genius at ford thought of that) its not gonna be fast. But i'd figure i'd give it a shot. Thanks for any input!

Mondo
Gtmondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtmondo
I'm here at the local track PBIR (palm beach internatonal raceway) and was wondering what the car would run stock. Anyone care to share how it ran and time? I know for a fact with the stock catalitc convertors (6) three on each side (i dont know what genius at ford thought of that) its not gonna be fast. But i'd figure i'd give it a shot. Thanks for any input!

Mondo
You live I the palm beach are? Yeah I live maybe 25 mins from PBIR
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gtmondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 41
Yea I live in greenacres. My buddy is doin a test and tune in a hhr
Gtmondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtmondo
Yea I live in greenacres. My buddy is doin a test and tune in a hhr
Aw nice I thought I was one of the only people to live in this area I this forum lol and yeah I would love to do a dyno run on my car but I have repairs that need my attention lol
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gtmondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 41
I hear ya. What are you riding in?
Gtmondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtmondo
I hear ya. What are you riding in?
A 2003 mustang gt convertible, it has it's problems but I love it! How about you man?
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gtmondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 41
I'm in a 96 convertable GT. Its gotta little issues but its not bad. The last owner kept the apperance in great condtion.Are u gonna go to ford weekend in september?
Gtmondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtmondo
I'm in a 96 convertable GT. Its gotta little issues but its not bad. The last owner kept the apperance in great condtion.Are u gonna go to ford weekend in september?
Where's that located at?

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtmondo
I'm in a 96 convertable GT. Its gotta little issues but its not bad. The last owner kept the apperance in great condtion.Are u gonna go to ford weekend in september?
Oh yeah I like those years man
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gtmondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 41
Ford fun weekend is at pbir. I love the year as well. Im not a fan of the fox body but they do go fast.
Gtmondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
MustangGT02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MO
Region: Missouri
Posts: 437
Re: Running stock

I ran a 14.88 in my 02 auto at KCIR in Missouri before they shut it down

My only mod then was a CAI and I think I have four cats but there may be some hiding lol
MustangGT02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGT02
I ran a 14.88 in my 02 auto at KCIR in Missouri before they shut it down

My only mod then was a CAI and I think I have four cats but there may be some hiding lol
Yeah 02s only have 4 cats lol

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtmondo
Ford fun weekend is at pbir. I love the year as well. Im not a fan of the fox body but they do go fast.
Hmm yeah I'll try my best to make it out
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
MustangGT02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MO
Region: Missouri
Posts: 437
Lol well we all know two is the most a mustang should have out of California.
MustangGT02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:21 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGT02
Lol well we all know two is the most a mustang should have out of California.
Yeah I took all my cuts off and got the off road prochamber and the stang drive like a brand new car
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
MustangGT02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MO
Region: Missouri
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227

Yeah I took all my cuts off and got the off road prochamber and the stang drive like a brand new car
I wish I could do no cats but I have to pass inspection here.
MustangGT02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
9tee7pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Radford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGT02

I wish I could do no cats but I have to pass inspection here.
Actually if you are able to hollow them out then put the shell back on you are good unless where you live probes the exhaust for the inspection. They don't here in VA
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGT02

I wish I could do no cats but I have to pass inspection here.
Yeah what state you in? Cause down here in Florida we don't have inspectin tests, and I love my prochamber because I can cruise right by a cop and not be stupid loud but when I want to get on it it gets loud!
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
MustangGT02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MO
Region: Missouri
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227

Yeah what state you in? Cause down here in Florida we don't have inspectin tests, and I love my prochamber because I can cruise right by a cop and not be stupid loud but when I want to get on it it gets loud!
Missouri, I have to do inspections.
MustangGT02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGT02

Missouri, I have to do inspections.
Aww yeah I see well that's no bueno lol
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
MedicDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 256
Nice to see some locals on here, I'm in Boynton Beach, I was trying to find out if anyone meets up around here.
MedicDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gtmondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicDave
Nice to see some locals on here, I'm in Boynton Beach, I was trying to find out if anyone meets up around here.
I just joined less then a month ago. Its pretty helpful this forum. What are you driving?
Gtmondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
MedicDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtmondo

I just joined less then a month ago. Its pretty helpful this forum. What are you driving?
I have a 10 GT with a few goods, Steeda CAI with a 93R tune, Steeda pulleys, FRPP headers, hi flow mid and Roush cat back muffler delete, and a few minor suspension mods. I have no friends with mustangs so nobody can relate and that sucks lol.
MedicDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ucfknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicDave

I have a 10 GT with a few goods, Steeda CAI with a 93R tune, Steeda pulleys, FRPP headers, hi flow mid and Roush cat back muffler delete, and a few minor suspension mods. I have no friends with mustangs so nobody can relate and that sucks lol.
I have the same at bro, just got it a month ago and plan on starting mods after next month. How do u like the way ur car has responded to ur current mods? Sounds like it would be a beast.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
MedicDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucfknight

I have the same at bro, just got it a month ago and plan on starting mods after next month. How do u like the way ur car has responded to ur current mods? Sounds like it would be a beast.
I would say the CAI and tune made a big difference, all the others didn't do a hole lot. My throttle is very touchy so I had to relearn it and it takes some footwork but it's so much more fun to drive and the sound is pretty great, she's a bit quiet when driving easy but when I go wot she screams, I took out the filter in the sound tube and that makes it louder in the cab at wot. What do you have in your 10?.
MedicDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ucfknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicDave

I would say the CAI and tune made a big difference, all the others didn't do a hole lot. My throttle is very touchy so I had to relearn it and it takes some footwork but it's so much more fun to drive and the sound is pretty great, she's a bit quiet when driving easy but when I go wot she screams, I took out the filter in the sound tube and that makes it louder in the cab at wot. What do you have in your 10?.
Thanks for answering my question bro. All I have right now are 3.73 gears. I am going on a big trip in July and have been saving for that. I've been really tempted to buy SLP loud mouth axel backs, CAI and a tune, but I am restraining myself until I get back.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gtmondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 41
Re: Running stock

Fun Ford Weekend here is the event i was talking about in September.
Gtmondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
9tee7pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Radford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtmondo
Fun Ford Weekend here is the event i was talking about in September.
That was actually this weekend up here in VA. I wasn't able to make it because of work though. Damn you work.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gtmondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 41
Re: Running stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony View Post
That was actually this weekend up here in VA. I wasn't able to make it because of work though. Damn you work.
Tell me about it I was lucky enough to get that Saturday off. I've never been to one of these but i hear their a lot of fun.
Gtmondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
MedicDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 256
I hope the weather is good, if so I'm def going.
MedicDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:49 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.